Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Newmarket without Caviar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 1:58am
Originally posted by MannyG MannyG wrote:

If she handles the Sydney way of going fine, they should definitely think about the HK Sprint. Many Aussies have gone before and the prizemoney for the race is quite substantial.

The rock is what it is Manny. Many have tried but failed to conquer the rock. Ultimate test, forget UK.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

MannyG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MannyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 3:19am
Apache Cat should have won (bar a very ordinary ride...) and although he was very good he wasn't the best. Takeover Target won in Japan beating Silent Witness. Sunline won the mile race over there. We do have the stock, but to win anywhere else other than here and the UK we have to send our very best. Provided she gets a decent track and no bad luck, I am confident she can beat any other horse in the world up to 1200m.

I guess the ONLY decent reason I can think of going to the UK would be if she can knock off at least 2 of the sprints there (probably the Kings Stand and the Golden Jubilee, MAYBE the July Cup...) then connections are eligible for a $1M bonus IF she can win the HK Sprint. Big ask I know, I think it's ridiculous you have to win 3 Group 1s outside your home country to win the bonus, it virtually forces you to go to Royal Ascot, but thems the breaks I suppose. Prizemoney is woeful over there haha.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:39am
Greg Carpenter explained how the weights were going to be BEFORE the lightning Marky, he said then, had HL beaten home BC, he would have carried 58kg and BC would have carried 56.5kg, but if she won, the other way around, transparency like this makes your claims redundant...
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:21am
I hope she bolts in and gives marky a salute as she passes the post.

But I also hope Star Witness runs second as, back to the title of the thread, Betstar has a market for favourite out and I had a hungey on Star Witness at $4.

I have no idea if that's value but it was there, seemed decent, and I jumped on it :)
Sunline...simply supreme
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:08am
If BC was out, Hay List would win this. 

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

I hope she bolts in and gives marky a salute as she passes the post.

But I also hope Star Witness runs second as, back to the title of the thread, Betstar has a market for favourite out and I had a hungey on Star Witness at $4.

I have no idea if that's value but it was there, seemed decent, and I jumped on it :)

Don't worry Sunline.  You can spend that money now.  Star Witness will be running second.
topoftherise View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topoftherise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:54am
Marky you are a deat set goose! (and i wish i could use a better word here)

Who wishes injury on a horse who is providing such exposure to an industry crying out for it!

we need more champions that the mainstream media talk about. who cares what favours she or moody have been given! Makybe Diva kept getting flemington watered to care for her. 

give yourself an uppercut champ!
Coat Puller View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coat Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Marky Marky wrote:

Look at the size of the field. 12 or so when it should be 20. Plenty of trainers are pissed off. Moody is the pet trainer of VRC. Getting all the breaks at the expense of racing. Just milking it, ahh we won't go overseas when we have it so good here.

Heard of a horse called Ruffles ? Here's a link for ya.

Coat Puller View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coat Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:59am
Marky. If Black Caviar was a male and not a mare she would have been given 60kg in this.

Are you aware that mares are given a 2kg allowance in handicaps ?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 9:59am
I might hook it into a few multis as well.

I'm really keen on a multi with some or all of Whobegotyou, Precedence, Written Consent, Ilovethiscity and Star Witness fave out. I might pick Star Witness or Whobegotyou as the banker and have the others all around in doubles and trebles.

Should be fun.
Sunline...simply supreme
carche View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:26am
Blimey Marky, what's your problem?  Don't begrudge the horse because you have a problem with the trainer or the industry.  Black Caviar is one of those rare individuals genetically blessed with unnatural ability and athleticism.  Embrace her rather than wishing her ill.  That's just nasty. 

As others villagers have stated before me, she has only one 2 G1's and VRC Handicapper Greg Carpenter did explain the handicapping conditions of the Newmarket after she won the Lightning.

Flemington form guide shows the projected track rating for Saturday as a Dead4.  Anyone think this may be revised with the rain Melbourne has received?
Morgan Dollar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 10:56am
Originally posted by topoftherise topoftherise wrote:

Marky you are a deat set goose! (and i wish i could use a better word here)

Who wishes injury on a horse who is providing such exposure to an industry crying out for it!

we need more champions that the mainstream media talk about. who cares what favours she or moody have been given! Makybe Diva kept getting flemington watered to care for her. 

give yourself an uppercut champ!

well said
Go The Dollar..!
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:14am
Personally i love Star Witness and i won a bit on him when he saluted over the Flemington carnival last spring. But not sure i can have a go at something that was originally set for a mile race and had his prep changed halfway through.
Eagle Falls is another fav and i got the quinella in this race last year when he ran second so he has form in this race as well.
Personally though i will be looking very hard at Hay List as i think he is an absolute machine and at his best is going to be pretty hard to stop.
(Taking into account i've left Caviar out of the occasion as i think shes practically home already!)
lovesapunt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesapunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:23am
What i want to know is who is Marky... i would bet my last dollar that he has another user name on here
Joan Of Navare, the next turf champion????
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:38am
Marky you are not only ignorant of the handicapping processes but also a complete and utter jerk. Fancy wishing for her to get injured. Go to your room and stay there. No dinner for you!
Marky View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by James0330 James0330 wrote:

Well, I hope she breaks down. The given weight is ridiculous and unfair.

Something wrong with you if you want a perfectly beautiful animal to break down. She probably should have 59 or even 60kg but carrying 58 in her first Handicap isn't a cakewalk.

Breaking down was an inappropriate choice of words. More, like hoping they scratch her from heavy going. Only two G1s but with a combine winning margin of a football field. Unprecedented. Weighted to win untouched again, where's the fairness in that? A gift.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 11:50am
Can't help thinking Beaded is the forgotten mare here.  She's the one I'll (modestly) back straight out and couple with BC in the Exacta.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 12:09pm
Beaded is a great mare and her win the other day was awesome. Great chance to run a place.
Sunline...simply supreme
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 1:10pm
No matter what you change your story to Marky, you still need a brick to the head
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 1:21pm
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:30pm

Originally posted by James0330 James0330 wrote:

Well, I hope she breaks down. The given weight is ridiculous and unfair.

Something wrong with you if you want a perfectly beautiful animal to break down. She probably should have 59 or even 60kg but carrying 58 in her first Handicap isn't a cakewalk.

Breaking down was an inappropriate choice of words. More, like hoping they scratch her from heavy going. Only two G1s but with a combine winning margin of a football field. Unprecedented. Weighted to win untouched again, where's the fairness in that? A gift.

Hope she breaks down in the race, hope she gets scratched before the race, such similar incidents, I'm suprised more people don't get the two mixed up... Big smile

Also one final one on your handicap issues, have you heard of handicapper ratings? Black Caviar's is 122, Hay List's is 115, Star Witness' is 113... The highest rater in this race gets 58kg, so BC as the highest rater gets to carry this weight, so if they were all the same age/gender, it would be BC 58kg, HL 54.5kg, SW 53.5kg, factoring in the 2kg WFA allowance BC gets as a mare, HL has 56.5kg, so she is carrying 1kg more then WFA, HL gets 3.5kg less then her, which with WFA puts him 1.5kg less in the weights, and SW gets 4.5kg less then her, which with WFA allowance puts him at 53kg...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by MannyG MannyG wrote:

Apache Cat should have won (bar a very ordinary ride...) and although he was very good he wasn't the best. Takeover Target won in Japan beating Silent Witness. Sunline won the mile race over there. We do have the stock, but to win anywhere else other than here and the UK we have to send our very best. Provided she gets a decent track and no bad luck, I am confident she can beat any other horse in the world up to 1200m.

I guess the ONLY decent reason I can think of going to the UK would be if she can knock off at least 2 of the sprints there (probably the Kings Stand and the Golden Jubilee, MAYBE the July Cup...) then connections are eligible for a $1M bonus IF she can win the HK Sprint. Big ask I know, I think it's ridiculous you have to win 3 Group 1s outside your home country to win the bonus, it virtually forces you to go to Royal Ascot, but thems the breaks I suppose. Prizemoney is woeful over there haha.
. Cant agree Apache Cat should have won ...Actually got his arse kicked in better time than he ever ran in his life .....Did run probably his best race that day but was never going to win.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:50pm

And the following is how the favoured candidates are treated relative to the WFA scale for March:

BC plus 2kgs
HL minus 2
SW minus 3
B minus 3.5
H minus 6

Cheers
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Coat Puller Coat Puller wrote:

Marky. If Black Caviar was a male and not a mare she would have been given 60kg in this.

Are you aware that mares are given a 2kg allowance in handicaps ?
. The opposition are carrying below the WFA scale and quite a few are really well in on thier best runs ..
Hay list will appreciate the 3.5 advantage over the 1200 .....
    This horse B.C is no 1.30 chance in my books.
 For the sake of our Racing I hope she is the Best in the world ..........Saturday is D day.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 5:28pm
heres a sportingbet market... obviously without BC

Hay List

Star Witness

Response

Beaded

Eagle Falls

Hinchinbrook

Crystal Lilly

Grand Duels

King Pulse

Chasm

Snapparazi
Go The Dollar..!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 5:29pm
sorry about the HL price at the top
Go The Dollar..!
Downby the palms View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downby the palms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:21pm
Beaded to chase home the great mare!
johnny Hunt
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Downby the palms Downby the palms wrote:

Beaded to chase home the great mare!

I'm with you DTP.  

In fact reckon she's the only one who could possibly beat BC (not thats at all likely) and HL and SW will be in her wake irrespective.

Cheers
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:58pm
That was good trackwork by SW, don't know if HL is at his best.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 8:20pm
She may not have the same brilliance as Black Caviar but Beaded has a great racing record.
17 starts.
9 wins, 7 placings, and a 4th beaten less than half a length in the Straddie.

At 20/1 with a record like that she could be a decent eachway bet.

Some horses keep finding, and she is one.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic