Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

New harness racing forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New harness racing forum
    Posted: 22 Dec 2007 at 10:55am
Welcome to the world of Harness Racing on Thoroughbred Village!

Let's get the discussions moving along on the trots.

Pinevale Lad, a new member of Thoroughbred Village, has agreed to run things on here, so...over to you Pinevale!

Enjoy Smile
Mayor
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Pinevale Lad View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinevale Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2007 at 11:03am
Thanks Mayor!

After a successful Victoria Cup carnival at Moonee Valley, preperation is beginning for the $400,000 Group One Hunter Cup to be held at Moonee Valley on Sunday February 3rd.

I look forward to the upcoming Moonee Valley meeting this Saturday night!

Running Pinevale
sam14 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2007 at 9:17pm
very good idea.
Little Bassie Murphy knows how to ride winners. Back him all day everyday.   D.K Weir=WINNERS=MONEY.      'And Knockout races away with the cup'
dennis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 5:21am
Bloody Harness Racing, its time Harness Racing left the Valley on Sat. Nights and the Gallopers took over in this excellent time slot.   Harness racing is a dead weight restricting the proper form of horse racing to advance at a quicker pace.
Harness racing forum, when does the spiders crawling up the wall forum begin as well.?
Good luck.   
tooth View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tooth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 5:29am
awesome stuff- dont mind a bet on the 'cart pullers'
Pinevale Lad View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinevale Lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 5:43am
Originally posted by dennis dennis wrote:

Bloody Harness Racing, its time Harness Racing left the Valley on Sat. Nights and the Gallopers took over in this excellent time slot.   Harness racing is a dead weight restricting the proper form of horse racing to advance at a quicker pace.
Harness racing forum, when does the spiders crawling up the wall forum begin as well.?
Good luck.   

Thanks for your support Dennis. This thread doesnt need your thoughts which are arrogant and full of sarcasm. Put simply, you dont like being here... Then dont post here. Stick to the gallops section.

This is the harness racing threa in which a few people have already expressed how good the idea was.

Bad time on the punt Dennis?

All the best.
Running Pinevale
dennis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 7:34am
My thoughts Pinevale are well thought out callculated facts built up over many years of serious study on these two codes of racing.  Turnover on harness racing on a Saturday night is costing racing in general money.  You can have your harness just move to a suitable time frame, not Saturday nights.
Good luck.
Sir Spence View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Spence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 8:02am
What's your thoughts on greyhounds dennis? I personally despise them but if we had a dish licker forum I wouldn't go over there and abuse their sport. Another thing at least you can usually follow form and ability in harness racing especially in mobile start races at group 1 level, unlike this years Melbourne Spring Carnival when it seemed random horses were winning(Tears I Cry Cry, where the f*ck was Sonic QuestAngry). I still punt the gallopers though mostly in Perth were the tracks run true, and the odd G1 elsewhere. I got the first 4 in the Perth Cup too but that's another story.

ps. At least we can agree about Kevin 07 Thumbs%20Up 

dennis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 9:48am
Yes Spencer street did like the Greyhounds years ago at Olympic Park on Monday and Sandown Thursday, actually my first date with my wife was at the Sandown Dogs, and well before the Castle movie was made but slight problem 10 races @ 20 mins a race made the night a bit of a rush.   Drinking 1 Pot a race combined with my bet per race was making me a bit pissed by the end of the program.    Dog racing creates alcoholics so I decided to discard the dogs to avoid that path.  Horse racing is much more civilised at a pace I can handle.    Anyway as for trotts, everyone knows too many races are rigged.
Good luck.
Sir Spence View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Spence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 2:53pm

Well as Richie Benaud once said to an ethnic taxi driver who told him "You know, I can't get into the cricket, it's too boring for me. Too f*cking slow"

"Oh really" was Richies reply "Well, I happen to love the game"

Let's just leave at that ay.
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2008 at 7:17pm

Stop winding people up lil d.LOL Gees I love your work but the 'greyhounds makes alcoholics' is some of ya very best mate.Thumbs%20UpLOL

Isnt the prizemoney fantastic in Victoria. The lowest paying race is around $4-5K, thats fair money for a C0 bushy. We thought about sending our bloke to Vic for the prizemoney but pulled the pin when we realised you have to have a horse capable of figuring in the finish to get said monies.

However a stablemate of our boy has moved down that way...Khan Run. Miles has him and he's on the way up, he's had ALL the problems including the bloody Vet breaking a needle in his knee pre race! He ran a nice 6th over the mile a few days back and will be better when he hits 2100.

I don't have one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic