Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

New forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New forum
    Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 11:28am
This General forum is the place to discuss any topic you like! Politics, internet, computers, music and iPods, cosmetics, asian cooking, anything your heart desires. Just have respect for others and don't write anything offensive, ok?
Mayor
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 1:02pm
Gee a bloke falls asleep in front of his computer and wakes up and finds 3 new forums Pinch Approve Confused, so where do the jokes get posted now?
Who says i'm dumb?
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 7:54am
i dont llike it.

i have always prefered the sports forum as we can go into politics etc and not always talk sport. to me the sports fourm was a bit low key and had more regulars like a bar and that is why i thought it was  a good idea to name it 'joffs all sports bar', like a pub you dont always talk sport.

anyway that is my opinion
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Skipper View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 11:38am

For what it's worth I'm with you Q....

womble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote womble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 6:32pm
Same - too many places to look now
Bagman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bagman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 8:23pm
I think its a grand idea. Dont get me wrong the Bar used to be a great place to joke around or debate ,but was seemingly -to me anyway-being over run by a certain element.......and with all the new members and wider audience(?) it would be a shame for people to think we all thought that way or left visitors with the wrong impression.
Dont get me wrong I'll miss those days and debates, but when we all stopped replying or got sick of that personal bent we allowed to proliferate, we failed the JASF.
Just MHO.
I don't have one
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 8:47pm
I understand your points of view, I do feel uncomfortable dragging friendly chatter out of the bar just because it's not about sport. Don't know what to do really... Confused but perhaps it just needs a little time to adjust. Maybe I won't stop the general discussions in the bar and just see if the General Forum gathers its own identity and niche.
Mayor
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic