Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Neerim Lodge born out of Aquanita Racing, no quest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Neerim Lodge born out of Aquanita Racing, no quest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:26am
I for one feel so sorry for the memory of Phil Sly. How would this poor soul feel if he was with us, what contempt for Mr Sly, to do that, knowing he was so ill.....I so believe in Karma, hopefully even more will break re this story and more cockroaches squashed under the soles of big heavy boots!
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:36am
When will sleaze bag BC and cohorts get in and defend these guys or will he abandon the sinking ship like all rats do
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

I for one feel so sorry for the memory of Phil Sly. How would this poor soul feel if he was with us, what contempt for Mr Sly, to do that, knowing he was so ill.....I so believe in Karma, hopefully even more will break re this story and more cockroaches squashed under the soles of big heavy boots!
Who's to say he wasn't in on the whole thing?... Either way, bloke died thinking he was lucky.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:43am
How much time needs to pass before the Stewards can't take back, and redistribute, the prize money?

Mr Yoshida probably keeps his share share in his sock.... but what about the estate of Phil Sly?
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

How much time needs to pass before the Stewards can't take back, and redistribute, the prize money?

Mr Yoshida probably keeps his share share in his sock.... but what about the estate of Phil Sly?
they will need to get a positive test before they attempt to disqualify horses and redistribute prizemoney.
They can use the texts to prove conspiracy charges which would have serious ramifications for the individuals, but not to amend race results.
IMHO
arthur View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:28am
I think you will find in this instance if their is action it will be against the trainers and the parties involved rather than the owners as a positive test was not found. 

I think it would be unreasonable of the stewards to go back to the owners to pay the bills. 
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:31am
Spot on Rusty, can't take money off the owners, need a positive to do that.....but boy can they do the grubs for intent...or, will the defence be same as that Kavanagh bloke, '' gee, I had no idea'' ?
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:51am
I would like to know why trainers needed to go through 3rd parties? Why wouldn’t you make it you’re self?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

I would like to know why trainers needed to go through 3rd parties? Why wouldn’t you make it you’re self?

Deniability- oh no, I didn’t know what my strapper, driver, foreman was doing!
to the victor
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 12:04pm
I hope we eventually get to find out who the trainer is who alerted Nelligan that Smerdons horse at Geelong was not going to be tested. He was obviously a part of this so-called circle of trust.

Interesting they mentioned that the goatherder as being scared with all the extra security coming in. No I wonder who the goatherder could be.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 12:11pm
Racenet's giving it plenty of air. Small extract from one of their posts:

The Aquanita scandal - just who was watching who?

By Ben Dorries

The racing figures at the centre of the alleged doping scam may have been conducting better surveillance on integrity officials than the integrity officials were on them.

New text message evidence which has surfaced reveals texts between charged stablehand Greg Nelligan and Group I winning trainer Stuart Webb.

The texts, obtained by Melbourne’s Herald Sun newspaper, were allegedly sent in 2013 as Racing Victoria’s Compliance Assurance team was spending extra time at Caulfield.

Nelligan kept an eagle eye on cars in Neerim Road, adjacent to the Aquanita stables, and collected number plate data.

It has promoted the fresh question just who was watching who?

Nelligan texts Webb, warning the trainer: “Toyota Aurion ZKS 619” and then: “Another car rego you might collect Toyota Aurian Prodigy ZKS628.”

Webb asks: “Who’s driving that one?” before Nelligan answers: “Team who do the testing.”

It is then alleged the clique of trainers became more creative, with texts obtained by the Herald Sun revealing how Nelligan and Group I winning trainer Robert Smerdon allegedly used a betting code to try to disguise doping instructions.

Nelligan asks: “How much the win and what times do I place the bets?”, a text investigators believe was actually a question to Smerdon about dosage levels.

Smerdon replies: “Can I have 100 a win and 30 a place twice at 3 o’clock and 4 o’clock.”

Then Smerdon gives Nelligan the green light to “Have your first bet anytime you like”.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 12:39pm
What amazes me is how quick they were to crack down on a couple of small trainers . Took no time at all to catch them out.  Yet here we have a very wide network of people, and its been going on for years it seems, and they are only now twigging to it.
Something smells here.

animals before people.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

What amazes me is how quick they were to crack down on a couple of small trainers . Took no time at all to catch them out.  Yet here we have a very wide network of people, and its been going on for years it seems, and they are only now twigging to it.
Something smells here.

Exactly
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Something smells here.

Probably. Testing likely caught the others out. From what I've read TCO2 if done right won't hit thresholds which set off alarm bells and if they were getting warnings, creating diversions, keeping a cockatoo and keeping a tight circle of trust  they would have been pretty safe . "Integrity" has hardly been a focus in racing - esp in Vic - until recently. Racing has been far more focused on not letting the cat out of the bag publicly regarding all manner of issues.
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:39pm
Melbourne Cup Day 2015... Smerdon's ordered 5 hits???

He had 7 runners that day.

Race 1 Motown Lil (4TH) @ $7.00
Race 3 Genuine Lad (17th) @ 26.00
Race 5 Ability (9th) at $6.50
Race 6 Indarra (2nd) at $41.0
Race 6 Andrioli (16th) at $9.50
Race 8 Scream Machine (5th) @ $14.00
Race 8 The Bowler(10th) at $14.00

The stuff mustn't be very good??? The only one that ran a place was $31 out to $41.....

monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

The stuff mustn't be very good??? The only one that ran a place was $31 out to $41.....

Maybe they were average horses?

If you read the text messages there were plenty that got the cash.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:58pm
Still say something smells here .
animals before people.
pnclick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

Maybe they were average horses?

If you read the text messages there were plenty that got the cash.

Your most likely right, and being someone involved in the betting side for a long period, I know the Smerdon\Howell betting scenario's, which is generally positive. Personally, you'd be better off doing this stuff at lessor meetings in anycase from a betting viewpoint, maybe they were hit to hopefully result in better result from a prizemoney viewpoint....
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:33pm
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:34pm
Think Caulfield needs to clean up their image and get rid of the dirty rats.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:35pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWo5K-MV4AA9N3W.jpg

Was this the fun last supper? Can they be so blatant?
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:50pm
Rumour is there was a secret compartment in the float... just what i heard.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 11:59pm
[QUOTE=Lexawin] Rumour is there was a secret compartment in the float... just what i heard.[/QUOTE

Aquacheaters floats are probably like planes when the flight attendant tells you that the mask will drop down from the ceiling. The roof opens up and down comes the tube!
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Rumour is there was a secret compartment in the float... just what i heard.

Maybe we can ask old mate Nelligan, after all he was strapper, float driver, giver of tubes and top ups!
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:17am
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:19am

https://mobile.twitter.com/cmcdonaldracing/status/954187616324173824?s=12

This is a better photo of “The usual suspects”
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:39am
Mick Price is in that pic.... curious
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 4:06am
Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

Ah the hypocrisy coming out of this is quite staggering (generally speaking - not specific to Price). Some of the names that are “outraged” or have made comments on social media seem unaware that racing people know stuff
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 7:28am
Originally posted by anabel anabel wrote:

Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

Ah the hypocrisy coming out of this is quite staggering (generally speaking - not specific to Price). Some of the names that are “outraged” or have made comments on social media seem unaware that racing people know stuff

Exactly
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 7:45am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 17>