Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Neerim Lodge born out of Aquanita Racing, no quest
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Neerim Lodge born out of Aquanita Racing, no quest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by 2Square 2Square wrote:

The story going around is the cup horse in question came 2nd by the smallest of margins

I assume not in the year of the crime ?
reductio ad absurdum
Kong View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:25am

not years......decades.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

My guess is most of them will never train again, it's the contempt that pisses me off, nothing in my horses, except oats and ability, and I ran second on many occasions when I suspected foul play.....just by the language and actions of the winner/s......must be hundreds of poor buggers like me.

Don’t worry, just hope that they widen the net to get all cheats and boot them from the game. No respect for any of these fleas, and I will rejoice when they go. I hope Smerdon, Birchley and co are totally ashamed of what damage they are doing to a great sport.
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:36am
Trip To Paris backed off the map... Red Cadeaux runs through a broken leg & dies.

They'll need to take down all of the plaques in Big Red's honour.
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:37am
Chairman of racing club. Director of training company. Chairman landlord of training company leasehold. Many horses trained by more than one trainer operating from said training establishment. Horses regularly heavily backed when they won. Said horses subject to alleged doping evidenced by seized text messages and one trainer who is believed to have rolled over to police side. Claims a Colonel Klink "I know nothing". If so could anyone with the intelligence of that Chairman be so incompetent? The deceased owner of some very successful horses told me that when one particular trainer said to back his horse it would win. Shortly before he died said owner backed through stable connections because bookies would not take his money because he was so successful a horse which won a listed race at Sandown. 50000 at 6 to one early in the week. Had drinks with said owner who was over the moon how such a "small race" could deliver such a huge financial result. I backed the horse in form before I met said owner. Doping does not turn s picnic class horse into a city winner but can make a good horse a certainty if there is such a thing. How much soda did "Elvis" consume from same establishment before his string of successes?
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:49am
Spot on Adelphis. More questions need to be asked.

Wonder if QLD Stewards will stand down the grub now!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:49am
Funny you should post that AT, I watched that horse win one day at Caulfield and I'll swear that horse was "out" on his feet when he got up and won , it was very similar to a horse that was beaten in a photo in Sydney in a big race and died in an interstate race not long after.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

Sorry, spelt your name wrong.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:51am
Wonder if any of these text messages from Smerdons phone involve the Damien Oliver betting incident?After all Smerdon was the one that handed him the $10,000 in a brown paper bag!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:57am
"It was the late ’90s and an Australian Olympic track star sat waiting for the start of the kilo. “I didn’t know if I was going to break a world record or s#@t my pants!”, he recalled years later.

This is the exact description I was given when discussing sodium bicarbonate supplementation at a Cycling Australia coaches course a few years ago. And it’s a common story among track riders who have dabbled with this method of nutrition supplementation – it can make you faster, but it also has the potential to go horribly wrong (more on that later)."

https://cyclingtips.com/2016/06/improving-performance-with-bicarb-soda-how-it-works-and-how-to-do-it/

Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:59am

If they don’t stand him down, they will need to question their integrity. He is facing a life ban so needs to stand down
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:05am
Bicarb doping seems pretty harmless to me. All it does is reduce lactic acid buildup. Any evidence to the contrary?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:06am
Dump your quick eze   or you might get outed as a drug runner.

Wasn't Shane Warne outed for taking Lasix .     He is as slow as anything I back.
To think I always thought Sodium bicarbonate was harmless chit.

I should have known I was getting   Old ,   Last year the candles cost more than my Birthday cake.   
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Bicarb doping seems pretty harmless to me. All it does is reduce lactic acid buildup. Any evidence to the contrary?

Alkalising agents (and acidifying agents)can also be fantastic masking agents for stimulants etc
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:28am
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:29am

Knew shifty Merrick Staunton was involved. He is named helping do Mosheen prior to winning the Group 1Vinery in Sydney.
You've made my day with that comment Monty.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:31am
An appendage of Birchley at Rosehill Monty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by skippy123 skippy123 wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Alkalising agents (and acidifying agents)can also be fantastic masking agents for stimulants etc

Any research in horses to that effect that I can read about Skip? 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:39am

The story going around is the cup horse in question came 2nd by the smallest of margins

Max Dynamite (FR)? Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:43am
Now Liam's text history is there for all to see, will he have runners on SAT at Doomben? or will the 'police' move in.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:47am
The diuretic use to mask drug intake, combined with LOTS of fluid intake , is purely that it flushes the bloodstream and reduces evidence quicker.
    For as long as I can remember , all racing has had clouds of the   "sting " over it.      Probably imagination in most cases .
   I used to get info about dogs, full of all sorts of concoctions.
They were as slow as me so both of us lost.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Batman Batman wrote:

My guess is most of them will never train again, it's the contempt that pisses me off, nothing in my horses, except oats and ability, and I ran second on many occasions when I suspected foul play.....just by the language and actions of the winner/s......must be hundreds of poor buggers like me.

Don’t worry, just hope that they widen the net to get all cheats and boot them from the game. No respect for any of these fleas, and I will rejoice when they go. I hope Smerdon, Birchley and co are totally ashamed of what damage they are doing to a great sport.
They wont be ashamed Batman, while they are kicking back, sucking on a pina colada or G&T in their luxury homes with all those photo's on the wall......only thing that will wipe the smiles, massive fines, so the Mrs has to pack shelves at Safeway to pay the private school fees.......you get my drift.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 11:58am
Spend all that good time wasted on drug queries , in looking for some factual evidence that may lead you to some value in a future race .

LIKE , on Saturday at Flemington The two Sprinting champs hit the line in a thriller ..   .91 outside the course record.
Earlier in the day a 2 Y/O with 57K hit the line in a similar sprint ,
& recorded a dominant win in 1.33 outside the Course record.
That tells me that Prairie Fire won't need Sodium bicarbonate to give you a chance at nice odds in the Blue Diamond . with similar track conditions.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:01pm

As well as Smerdon. He also used to be at every set of trials at Randwick with Craig Clocker Thomson (Racenet part owner).
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Max Dynamite (FR)? Confused

Skippy and Red Hare have both outed Red Cadeaux. We'll learn the accuracy of that at some time I suspect.

Skippy is also claiming ex steward corruption and that RV only acted after having their hands forced. Let's see how that holds up also.

The most important thing is that not only are those in the circle of trust dealt with but also those who knowingly profited or turned a blind eye. An in depth look at Aquanita would be a good starting point if for no other reason than to clear innocent parties. 

In another case involving phones or admissions RV? I think missed out because a judge ruled that evidence not collected according to 'civil' laws of evidence was inadmissible - or something to that effect. Let's hope RV has followed all the rules this time and that alleged "criminality" (which is ultimately what it is) is taken through to the bitter end. 

DQing trainers and others isn't enough - they need to be dealt with in courts for their fraudulent behaviour if at all possible. The rules of racing were strengthened for that purpose and surely if proven such egregious, long term duplicity is the ideal chance to send a message. It will cost racing a bomb but ultimately will be money well spent. Likelihood of that happening? Pretty low at this point.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The diuretic use to mask drug intake, combined with LOTS of fluid intake , is purely that it flushes the bloodstream and reduces evidence quicker.
    For as long as I can remember , all racing has had clouds of the   "sting " over it.      Probably imagination in most cases .
   I used to get info about dogs, full of all sorts of concoctions.
They were as slow as me so both of us lost.

Yep, in humans no doubt Macca, and quite possibly in other mammals. 

I'm interested in the research in horses, and particularly if NaHCO3 can or does mask performance enhancers, and what particular PAs they might be, if anyone has it.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:11pm

He is always in the enclosure at all of the Sydney meetings and I used to wonder he does this cracker have a trainers badge when I have never seen him train a horse.

I got this from the Racing NSW website.

Trainer: Merrick Staunton
Contact Details
Name:     Merrick Staunton
Telephone:     02 9897 2347
Fax:     02 9897 2317
Email:     merrickstaunton@yahoo.com
Trainer Locations
Rosehill, 2142
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:12pm

As well as Smerdon. He also used to be at every set of trials at Randwick with Craig Clocker Thomson (Racenet part owner).

Joined at the hip Monty, although Craig [from Memory] would be gelati scared to get caught up in anything dodgy...
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:15pm

He is always in the enclosure at all of the Sydney meetings and I used to wonder he does this cracker have a trainers badge when I have never seen him train a horse.

Contact Details
Trainer Locations
Rosehill, 2142

I know he had one in work back in the early 90's at Rosehill, just one.....
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:25pm

Contact Details
Trainer Locations
Rosehill, 2142

I know he had one in work back in the early 90's at Rosehill, just one.....

Maybe he gets his badge (strapped or foreperson) through Smerdon or one of the other Aquacheaters
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>