Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nature Strip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:00pm
It does not matter if weir see's him which we know he does. It's all about process and professionalism. Give the tall poppy bashing a rest

Do you guys shop at Coles or Bunnings etc etc ?

Walking talking contradictions humans are.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:30pm
Everest - $36
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:37pm
Just needs to tick the 1200m box.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

Everest - $36

3/4 length off Black Caviar track record
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 2:48pm
All going well trapeze artist will improve even more. He doesn't get beaten with even luck.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Think so? Even Weir said he turned up in great shape. 4th up, fit, perfect distance, ridden a treat for once.

Weir was being very diplomatic.

Had him for a couple of weeks during which Weir barely saw him from reports. He made similar comments before and after the race while McLean said he was a beast who worked brilliantly straight out of the box. This was a far weaker race than his last and as we know he loves the straight.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 3:09pm
Times don't lie though. Except for that time winning belle ran 1:59 at Flemington
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 3:18pm

Everest - $36

Which record SG? She holds the 1000m and "in principle" the 1200m record (fastest since the track mods and fastest ever if you consider the questions around Iglesia and treatment)
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 3:23pm
They are going to run him in the final on the 7th
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 3:25pm
Race 2 - A.R. Creswick Series Final (1200 METRES)
Of $120,000. 1st $72,000, 2nd $21,600, 3rd $10,800, 4th $5,400, 5th $3,000, 6th $2,400, 7th $2,400, 8th $2,400
Prize money contribution totalling 2% will be directed to jockey and equine welfare prior to distribution Listed
No class restriction, Set Weights plus Penalties, Three-Years-Old, No sex restriction
This race carries a SUPER VOBIS Nominators Bonus of $10,000 for qualified horses.
Apprentices cannot claim.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 3:49pm
I finally made it to Flemington. Work has sent me OZ for 3 weeks again. After last year's abortion which had me turned away at the gate, my friend and I went and just made it in the gates and saw Nature Strip blitz this field.

Flemington's a bit eerie on winter's day in June - but there was plenty of good racing.

Cheers.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 8:57pm

Everest - $36

Which record SG? She holds the 1000m and "in principle" the 1200m record (fastest since the track mods and fastest ever if you consider the questions around Iglesia and treatment)

yes got it wrong - wasnt her track record
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:04pm
If this horse wins the Everest, Weir is the best trainer I have seen.

I am sensing another Hellbent here, running him in group 1's when he is not ready for it.

If you nee3d to target a group 1 take on the Moir which has traditionally been a weak race, won by She Will Reign last year.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:13pm
Is anyone talking Everest or any G1 Voyager? Would be lucky to make G3 fields let alone the top ranks.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:20pm
Haven’t heard Weir mention any Group 1 plans.
All he has said publically is that he will tackle the final on the 7th.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I am sensing another Hellbent here, running him in group 1's when he is not ready for it.

If you nee3d to target a group 1 take on the Moir which has traditionally been a weak race, won by She Will Reign last year.

If he is not good enough for group 1s right now he never will be.

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:53pm

Are you making that point about this horse or all horses?
Sunline...simply supreme
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:04pm
So what do we aim him at.

For mine nice and fresh into the Bletchingly at group 3 level looks an ideal next target
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:05pm
That was a winter sprint where the second fave lost the plot. His first run this prep he was a certainty beaten, the second was a much stronger race than this. Not like he’s jumped out of the ground under Weir.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:24pm
If Weir can get Brave Smash to run 2nd - then he can go one better with this boy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:36pm
In 15 months time presumably SG? Atm he hasn't won outside his age group, hasn't won black type of any sort, hasn't run 1200m
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:52pm

In 15 months time presumably SG? Atm he hasn't won outside his age group, hasn't won black type of any sort, hasn't run 1200m

Way too many realists & non believers here.

Plenty of examples of young superstars climbing the ranks quickly & winning a G1 next prep.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 10:57pm

There's a 3xG1 winning 5YO this season that might disagree with you. I bet not many thought he was 'good enough' at 3
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:03pm
eg?  Most have probably come through age group races where you're tested against the best. 

So far his toughest test resulted in a finish alongside Viridine (placed in the Galaxy). 

Would like to own him with that enticing possibility though.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:04pm
Weir could turn him into the next Manikato.  Or the next Deep Field

#BOOM
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

There's a 3xG1 winning 5YO this season that might disagree with you. I bet not many thought he was 'good enough' at 3
Lol, and gelding was the making of him?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:22pm

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Lol, and gelding was the making of him?

Been a gelding as long as I can remember
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:31pm
Not the horse I thought perhaps.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:58pm
Weir has likened him to Trust in a Gust
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Weir has likened him to Trust in a Gust

As in prep wise....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 29>