Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

My Horses @ Newcastle Trots - Event Date: 10 Sep 2015 - 10 Sep 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 12:33pm
the reason for his scratching is the papers were not lodged in time by trainer. he will appear in the next 7 days as an ODM, get that off and can start from the front row.
I will back him once he draws well at say Young.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Farmermick Farmermick wrote:

the reason for his scratching is the papers were not lodged in time by trainer. he will appear in the next 7 days as an ODM, get that off and can start from the front row.
I will back him once he draws well at say Young.
Trialled April 3 under trainer Rye. Stable return was obvuously done prior to this. What other papers are you talking about?

Whatever odds you get at Young I'll give you plus 20%.
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 1:04pm
Farmermick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:11pm
Stable return was done yes but I have leased the horse to Shannon.  I had actually contacted HRA to see why the lease papers were not lodged and as 20 days had passed he had to lodge the lease papers or otherwise the horse was banned from racing.Papers went missing in mail.
I am happy to say he came from ODM (barrier 10 outsie second row) safely at Forbes today even though the 5 checked him and will have ODM lifted. He ran 5th and the stable runner won slipping home in 57.6 which is good for forbes track as its like a goat track so next draw can come off the front, yay. He made ground steadily and will only be improved by the run.
Anyway will pay his way.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 5:23pm
by the way Scott when I back Passaic River off the front as mentioned you are going to offer me 20% above the odds, I will contact you (pm) to confirm this.
just to let you know on a little secret when he ran his 5 x 3rds in NSW I backed him for 4 of those being place bets only so he already paid for himself. from memory he paid $4's and $5's on 2 of those occassions.
This is how I mostly pay for those I have in work. 
I must confess Generals Daughter did help winning a few and running heaps of 2nds as well with my gallopers bills though I didn't back her to win just place bets as well although she ran 6 or 7 places from 10 starts all in (2 were wins).
 I have several gallopers in with Stephen Lee perhaps you would like to be my bookie with them as well? how bold would you like to be?
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2016 at 10:40am
$110 at a Non TAB. $1000 would have been max in the pool, probably more like $500. So there was about $5 to $10 bet on Passaic on the on course Tote... LOL! Says it all really. 

$4 and $5 place odds so what...unfortunately the screenshot didn't work when I tried to post the other day but I had cash on Mantoman @ $41 Fixed last week. Didn't realise to after race his breeding.    

I don't know what your gallopers have to do with my opinion of Passaic River. I only offer comment on stuff I know what I'm talking about. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:01am
but thats the point you don't know what you are talking about and yes I could have told you who Mantomans half brother is. The reason I purchased him was on his breeding and he was not expensive anyway.
At the end of the day what do you care you don't own him and pretty sure you have zero ownership. 
The reason I suggested my gallopers and my other pacers is you just have a baseless opinion and a big mouth simple as that.
When you fork out several thousand a month in fees then you can have an opinion, you don't earn one by just perusing sale adds, I call that tyrekicking.
What horses do you own??????????????????????????????????????????thought so.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 9:14am
Not sure what your point was about his price at Forbes, I didn't back him, why would I off an ODM, I was told he would get away safely he did, his work has been on the improve and he was only an ro in against c1 & c2's with the odd c0. I will be backing him off a good draw on a tight track.

THE STABLE MATE THAT WON IT PAID $11 and should have been $3's so go figure and its in a Dubbo final worth $9k and  for a 10yr old its had 131 starts for 10 wins, 17 x2nds & 17 x 3rds and $55k in prize$ so you can see Passaic River has many years ahead of him yet.  as I said before he won't find his feet until his 6 he is a very immature horse.

I must say I was not a fan so much of Red River Hanover but of Pretty InPink and with most of my horses 90% the mares have always been pretty handy helps for breeding.

So I am finished debating this topic with you, I will contact you when I am punting my horse for my extra 20%.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 1:04pm
It's been said in this thread I got rid of one not long ago so forget the 'Scott doesn't own horses'. I have one in a Group race this week (albeit it will run closer to last than first) and another that has won its last two (albeit Restricted grade). I don't feel the need to publicly gloat about my horses though so won't be naming them. 

You don't need to be the one paying the training fees to have any opinion of a horse. It isn't baseless. It is based on a lot of its racing. 

Remember you went off the air about a 'cowboy' crashing into you. If you dish out that you should be able to take some back - especially when it was you who decided you put your horse on the public forum. 
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:22am
give it a break scotty.

Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Ecair Issoire Ecair Issoire wrote:

give it a break scotty.

Farmermick could update every start why can't I?

Maybe I won't have to this week. Farmermick may make a re-appearance now he has drawn the front line at Young. Sadly champions like Annie Matilda, Mah Kah Loo Queen and probably even Diamond Thief will have his measure. 

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 2:13pm
A reminder is apparently necessary & yes, I do consider the above hidden posts to be trolling/antagonising/belittling & humiliating Unhappy

1. Members will be kind and courteous, and respectful to other members and the moderators. No direct or indirect personal attacks or
insults of any kind will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate other members and/or the moderators will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, bigotry, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing. This also applies to signatures.
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 2:19pm
Two of the deleted posts merely say 'another loss'. How is factual eporting on the result in a thread about this horse a deleteable post????

Take it up with the Mayor or better still go & troll on other forums instead.

Edited by Gay3 - 01 Jun 2016 at 3:18pm
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2016 at 3:29pm
Last week at Young was washed out. Ran 9th today at Wagga.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 1:25am
You are a troll indeed Scott.
If you saw his run today he was actually held up behind the leader fully on the bit and went to the line with his head sideways and never got out.
Personally I will be making a formal complaint about your behaviour as it is the main reason I stayed away from this site due to your harrassment.

Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 5:05am
Oh, was this supposed to be a personal diary that others weren't allowed to comment on unless it was backslaps?
I watched the race today (was on track) but knew no one else would have.
31 second final qtr if he wasn't on the bit searching for a run there would have been more problems than I anticipated all these months ago.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 7:54am
This once was a popular thread with many members taking an interest in the OPs' highs & lows of harness horse ownership.
Due to the constant belittling by one member, of both he & his horses efforts, posts have come to a grinding halt, understandably.
Similarly, in spite of owning 4 gallopers listed in the Owners thread, no mention of their progress & why would there be with the expectation of disparaging remarks?
I hope we can look forward to future posts on the trials & tribulations of racing pacers without further negativity. In saying this, constructive criticism is an accepted & often appreciated component of any thread.

Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 9:30am
Scott,

We get that you don't like the Farmers Trotter PR but he does that is why he races it I assume.

He is simply sharing his stories about his horses racing trials and tribulation.

If you dont like his horses fine, if you feel the need tell him (Which you have, not sure why) then foff somewhere else.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 9:35am
Thank you Aurelius, he is now on the permanently banned list for the above & many previous misdemeanors under another ID Unhappy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 2:02pm
Thankyou for the support and could not have said it better than how Aurelius explained itSmile 
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2016 at 10:01pm
Tongue Well done Passaic River who WON his 1st race @ Canberra tonight  by a good 6 metres
leading throughout. 

He is in again from 1 @ Young on friday and sure to be competitive now the new trainer has him flying out of the gate like his first couple of starts up in NSW.

Congrats to Shannon Rye for turning him around.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 8:55am

Congrats farmer and good luck Friday

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 9:09am
Bloody fantastic Farmer...I think Gay may have done Scott a favour putting him in the sin bin !
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 10:23pm
Thanks guys! I am having a little saver bet e/w from the pole on friday at Young. my mate actually got $3.00 fixed at TAB last night it was only a restricted but all the corporates opened him up at $2.
He has never started that low in his life including the place dividend.
fingers crossed for the little fella.
Through it all I can finally get a photo to adorn my man cave.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 9:49pm
the little fella was out of his depth last night in the heat of a Menangle final worth $25k went too fast for him ran 5th which after being sore from his previous check/clean up by another horse he has deserved a brief let up after visiting the chiropractor to fix him up.

We will be back again though.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic