Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

My Horses @ Newcastle Trots - Event Date: 10 Sep 2015 - 10 Sep 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: My Horses @ Newcastle Trots
    Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 12:31am
My 2 are back at it again at Newcastle friday night.
Not good draws but will be e/w shows on there last runs never the less as:

R6-Passaic River no 7 draws wide but field not as strong so the draw brings him back otherwise he would really be in the thick of things, so treat warily.

R7-Generals Daughter draws the widest you can in 10 but she tries her heart out and ran home strong when 2nd to inform pacer Controversial who franks the form winning at Menangle on Tuesday by 15 metres, bit of luck will help but at the odds both will give sights as there previous placings at over $5 each.

Another one racing R7-7 Paintmecanvas has ran 2nd past 2 I have her mum in the paddock (Hi Medina) so hope she runs well as being put in foal to same sire so will have full brother or sister.

Good luck all.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 8:53pm
Thanks for the leg up Mick
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
Farmermick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 10:41pm
3RD-Passaic River (Ricky) he worked over time to finally cross and find the lead held on for 3rd. the draw out of 7 hurt told. just needs to draw next start.

5TH-Generals Daughter came out of 10 slotted in 3 back on the outside the thing in the one one in front did nothing to help our cause, the thing that won came from behind the leader after it kicked so probably best to ignore most of the form in that race,nothing back in the field made ground, the horse though who won has ability. The gate didn't help us either, we need to find a mares race and draw well.

They paid for there training.

No doubt we will back up at Newcastle next week, fingers crossed for better draws.
cheers
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 10:49pm
All the best farmer
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 12:24am
Yeah cheers
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 6:04am
passair river casted a shoe aswell so was a monster effort!

unlucky you really need to draw well at that track next time mate
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 12:10am
Yes Shannon said that, they kept him out from crossing and the one who was the culprit should have just handed up as it finished behind us as well. There is an Ro at Penrith on Thursday that he may go to yet.nominations close tomorrow morning.
You are spot on Mowie wide draws crucify your chances at Newcastle.
No doubt they are knocking on the door for a win, this month would be nice as my gallopers are back in training and they can pay for them hopefully?
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 3:50am
My 2 are at it again: NEWCASTLE TROTS DAY MEET

R2-7 Passaic River hopefully will get the lead much easier than last start, the thing that finished behind him won so it franks the form won't be flashy odds but should prove hard to beat:

R6-2 Generals Daughter back to a decent draw instead of 10 & 9, should lead or park behind probably 20 -1 but shouldn't be as form been solid. definate e/w show.

fingers crossed the racing gods are smiling down.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 4:45am
Good Luck F M.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 7:02pm
Bit of a sad day-Passaic River led and got beaten & Generals Daughter got stuck behind this spastic and made a long run for 4th. there are wins soon but it appears everything will have to fall in place.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 12:32am
Passaic River is in on saturday night @ newcastle-should lead them and could pinch it at very good odds ignore his last 2 as features in stewards reports especially last start due to no fault of his own.
a cowboy nearly took him out for good.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 5:30am
Should be his farewell race. If he can't win this he won't a race. If he does win he won't find a field as weak as this again.
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 7:28pm
Talking about nearly taking out things for good.... will feature in stewards reports. Time to cut your losses.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 10:11pm
He is back on track. the horse outside him is a notorious galloper which some how set him off. he is going alright if you looked at his first 5 runs in NSW THEY WERE QUITE GOOD.
if you know anything about Harness racing his 2nd up run he was cruising in the 1 x 1 and at the 400 the thing pulling its head off 3 back on the pegs just came out and went smash and he ended up with abrasions all up his back legs from gig wheel burns (features in the stewards report).
He was heavily backed that night @ started @ 6's
won his trial very well on the 10th and he was always purchased knowing that he'd be maturing in 12 months time, that's the risk you take waiting.
he is racing 19th & 24th @ Newcastle and he will be out wide on his first run but will lead them in the start after that as can lead from 7 or 8 there no probs.
cheers
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2016 at 11:27am
I think the ad on the trading ring has an extra 0 on the end. 

Actually, even $700 is a stretch.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 5:00pm
scott, you obviously know nothing about horses. I have had 4 seperate offers for $5k. he is racing on saturday night and will run a very much improved race and when drawn back on the inside next start he will be winning, geting back to where he was when Days End just beat him, he is now a c6 horse.
the horse is immature, I knew that when I purchased him.
how about you go & learn a bit then make comments.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 5:02pm
that should read of $5k, he will continue to race until sold. he still has his $7k win bonus in vic which is an option to send down.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 6:22pm
Lol. You really think a bloke who knows nothing about horses would just be browsing the Trading Ring??

I actually seen Pretty Inpink race live a few times. Shame Passaic River didn't get her ability. Although I'm guessing it got sacked by Stanley??
Your horse drew well in a typically weak R0 and started $21. That is saying something. Form is 868705 in Maiden races, there is only so long you can say 'Just wait till next start'. Sometimes its better to let go and just take the $5K you been offered. 

The Days End race you had every possible conceivable chance a horse will ever get. You made no impression on Saint Anthony at all who did all the work in the death. His run to your run he has 4-5 lengths on your horse. You don't see Saint Anthony winning races by 4-5 lengths so I can't see your bloke winning races. You can't compare Days End because he fell in in a 1.58 and 29.9 last qtr back then, whereas is  running 1.55 and 56 halves now. 

Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 11:44am
Those who offered $5K must be glad you passed it up. Forget about the btn 80metres, he didn't break 2mins last night. You need to be able to go 2mins to win maidens on half mile tracks these days let alone Newcastle. It is embarrasing you tried to compare your horse to Days End who can run well in sub 1.55 whereas you get beaten 80m. Take some advice and cut your losses.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 6:41am
Gees I hope you are proven wrong Scott....& the Farmer sticks it so far up you,  you will have to change nics "again" !
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 6:53am

don't give up farmer,one day a family mate said you wanna go halfs in a unproven,broken in horse I said why not I don't like money LOL   

as a late 4 year old he won a race in the bush an ran,also 3rd in town. sadly broke down but gee its cheap having a horse even the slow ones, poor scott can't afford a shoe in a horse LOL
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 12:34pm
Have a look at the posts in September about excuses and he will win one soon. Then a similar post 6 months later in March. Will it be another 6 months and still another similar post with excuse and win one sooooon? 
Rather than spending training fees on something that will be lucky to win a race one day if someone is looking to pay $5000 for him take it and reinvest in something that could run a bit faster. 
You blokes pissing in his pocket ought to be ashamed, I am trying do the bloke a favour so he isn't pissing money down the drain. 

Bit of a stretch to say your horse ran 3rd in town if it was a C1 (assuming his win in the bush was C and not R) mowie???  I assume you are Vic so just because MV/Melton had/have C1 races bit rich to say you ran 3rd in town.
I don't know why you try and make a personal insult about a random guy on the internet you have no idea about. I sacked a horse of mine a couple weeks ago not so much because talent but it was a peanut to train and started doing things wrong and trainer didn't want to persist. Ran multiple placings and started favourite a couple times - had much more potential to win a race. You just got to know when to cut your losses sometimes. 
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 10:13am
deary me you are in the wrong game if all you want is winners. enjoyment of seeing a slow horse improve an sneak a win was a thrill.. plus big deal if he keeps a c0 horse or a 100 race maiden its not like trotters cost much to race

scott you do get melton is  in town yeh Clown final was worth 10 grand..but hey you got rid of a horse cose it wasvhard work haha
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 10:48am
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

deary me you are in the wrong game if all you want is winners. enjoyment of seeing a slow horse improve an sneak a win was a thrill.. plus big deal if he keeps a c0 horse or a 100 race maiden its not like trotters cost much to race

scott you do get melton is  in town yeh Clown final was worth 10 grand..but hey you got rid of a horse cose it wasvhard work haha
I'm sure it was a thrill but realising you aren't going to get that thrill and moving on to another horse who can possibly give you that thrill and more is the better option.
The trainer got rid of the horse - and unlike a couple on this forum I am willing to take some advice. There is a point where the results just aren't going to come. AFL coaches talk a heck of a lot about how young blokes try their hardest and they are top blokes at the club but the hard calls still come that they simply aren't going to make it and have to get delisted. Same applies here. 
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 9:49am
I see this horse has now changed trainers and trialled at Cowra on Sunday. Owner still a Michael so I assume same bloke. What's the story Farmermick?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 2:43pm
Cowra trials Scott.....you can never be accused of not being a "keen trotting student" that's for sure !
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2016 at 3:01pm
scott just buy the horse of farmer fiddlesticks!  
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 1:24pm
Scratched from Parkes tonight.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 1:28pm
Change of plans....long spell & brought back early Sept for a crack at qualifying for the Inter in November !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 12:31pm
Thanks Guys.
Passaic River has gone out to Cowra & Generals Daughter is still at Newcastle.
Passaic River was sold to me by Mick Stanley who had a share in the horse and did say one thing to me he is not there and WON'T BE for another 12 months as he was both mentally & Physically immature.
He will win his share of races out west go for a spell and come back stronger I have no doubt.
I had a horse called Major Orders won a fair few for me and placed heaps too, backed the daylights out of him when winning at 20's at Newcastle after he'd already won a few so bank was full.
Generals Daughter had a good run and paid for all my gallopers in work so it all worked out well.
As for you WAFFLING on Scott I have been involved in horses for close to 30 years and you don't always get the good ones but I always give them there chance and will find a home at the end of there careers.
I was lucky to work with trainers who had at the time Medowie Prince, Exceptionally Smooth & my Fav Butlers Love so I too saw Pretty in Pink.  Passaic River is only 4 and by the age of 6 I am confident he will have repaid my faith in him.
My whole life revolves around owning horses and some years I pay more out than what comes in but I too will always endeavour to look for that NICE one.

By the way I have KATE JACKSON coming over in mid may from NZ .I am sure you will have an opinion on her as well.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic