Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

mv preview 5/01/08

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLEDGING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mv preview 5/01/08
    Posted: 04 Jan 2008 at 7:47am

with racing returning to the valley this saturday night after a BIG bendigo cup meeting where sarfari put on a stella perfromence, lets hope there is more fabouls racing. so heres my take on the evenings races.

Racethe claimers kick things of here on this 9 race card. hopefully we can find the winner and get punters off to a good start. 

Race 1  BOLINDA PUBLISHING CLAIMING PACE  7:00 PM

i see 2 villiage thiller as a good thing in the first. kerryn manning with 2 choices either to lead or to sit behined vertical horizon what ever she does she is gonna give it every chance and i think it will win. 10 prince bonton the class runner of the field should go well will get a easy trip on the back of some horses the question is how will it go first up, is it ready for the races. 3 vertical horizon is always giving it is best and i think if it does it should give a good showing and will be there fighting it out at the end.12 united we stand has been running in better class then this i just think it will struggle from the outside of the second row

Rating(S)
2 villiage thiller
10 prince bonton
3 vertical horizon
12 untied we stand

Race 2  EXPRESS POST 3YO PACE  7:30 PM

i was looking foward to this race early in the week but with the scratchings of the 1,2,6 it wont be that crash hot and i think it now becomes a race of 2. 4 bombora lad and 5 perfect katie will fight this out and i dont think anything else can really cause any trobule i would be quiet surprised if these 2 dont put a serious gap on the rest of the field. iam goin with perfect katie to win its last 2 runs have been very handy. bombora lads wins have come against some weaker horses so we will see how he fares. dazed and confused will be my third pick but not with any conviction

Rating(S)
5 perfect katie
4 bambora lad
3 dazed and confused

Race 3  SEW-EURODRIVE PACE   8:02 PM

this is the fast class event of the night for the pacers which sees many of chances which u can not discount cause any of them could bob up and win. bold raider looks a good each way go. he has drawen ideally which will allow him to lead and go along at his own pace. 8 lenny bromac also gets a ideal draw to trail the leader and have one crack at him down the home straight via the sprint lane.2 awsome alba i couldnt leave not so much for its form cause it hasnt been to good of late but the fact that kerryn manning is back in the sulky will give it that much more, i feel this a horse the could run a cheeky race and i wouldnt dicount or leave out of my multiples.6 antigua bay was in great form before it went for a spell and since resuming its 2 runs back have been good but i just dont like its draw but still dont discount.

Rating(S)
1 bold crusier
8 lenny bromac
2 awsome alba
6 antigua bay

top pick is iam full of fire if it runs but with the terrible driver nathan jack in the sulky who know what could happen

Race 4 HANKOOK TYRES PACE  8:30 PM

this is the first leg of the quaddie where the main chances have drawen poorly. romeo castle and few good man have drawen the 6 and 7 respectively it will be intresting what the drivers do.despite there bad draws they are the 2 class horses of the field and prove hard to beat and run the quniella.4 lastdolabill looks the early leader and will more then likely hand up and get a good cushy run behined the leader.9 cam rouge could run 4th but so could the rest of the field.
Rating(S)
7 few good men
6 romeo castle
4 lastdola bill
9 cam rouge

Race 5 SKY CHANNEL PACE  9:00 PM

a few good up and comers here and i really like the look of 10 decorated jasper is last run third at ballarat was a great performance behined a inform larado after looking home half way down the straight.  3 scotland the brave who will show some gate speed and should run a brave race out in front. yes i can who has reached is grade i have for third but not with much confidence goin on its last couple runs but i think it can produce much better and finish in the placings.7 zerrafoss who just cant buy a piece of luck will again be storming home he just needs the right run in one of his next few starts and he wins no questions asked.

Rating(S)
10 decorated jasper
3 scotland the brave
11 yes i can
7 zerrafoss

Race 6 WWW.ID08.COM.AU PACERS HANDICAP  9:30 PM

a standing start event which can always cause havoc. 6 rip and roar who was scratched from new years eve races at moonee valley looks a certian winner it has great manners and very rarely does anything wrong so i cant see anything causing it to much trobule in race. get on this good thing. 2 unique style who has be very consistant with his last 3 runs is a big chance but i still cant go past rip and roar.4 thats mister ali who ran on well at charlton to win in a good last half. 10 the cherokee chief who beat some of this a few weeks back where he meet them better by 10 meteres.

Rating(S)
6 RIP AND ROAR SPECIAL!!!!!
2 unique style
4 thats mister ali
10 the cherokee chief

Race 7 2CONSTRUCT TROTTERS FREE FOR ALL  10:00 PM

the race of the cross tasman battle between the 2 aussie acaica ridge and sundons gift and the 2 kiwis galleons sunset and whatsundermykilt. the aussie should reign supreme here now the kiwis cant lead and have it all there own way. i find hard to split the 2 aussies but iam goin to have to go for acaica ridge even though sundons gift has had the wood on him i think the tide will turn, sundons gift will be a close second. sunana asset getting back to some of his better and more capable form with a new lease of life since j caldow jumping in the sulky and could upstage the lot of them.7 whatsundermykilt can hopefully run a decent and hold some respect for the kiwis and give its owner and trainer something to look foward to.

Rating(s)
12 acacia ridge
11 sundons gift
9 sunana asset
7 whatsundermykilt

Race 8 ALABAR BLOODSTOCK PACE  10:30 PM

yet again the draw has made it all the more difficult for the main chances in the race, this opens up the race to more unlikely types to post a win. j caldow parting schonbrunn is a good enough guide for me and its winning chances. love nest should get a cushy and should be storming home late.with the 2 lass horses drawen the back row they are every chance to fill out the placings when the sprint is on down straight after not having to do to much work throughout the race.

Rating(s)

5 schonbrunn
4 love nest
9 harry lass
8 chardony lass

Race 9 SEELITE WINDOWS & DOORS 4YO PACE   11:00 PM

with the night drawing to a close for the punters that are in a bit of trobule this is the get out of jail stakes, the last event on the card. iam goin to get straight to it and if ya think sledging was a good thing last week well ten fold this, this was class 3yo and with a great performace first up last start i cant see anything getting close to this when it leads and wins.CCS LOVERS

SPECIALS
r6 no 6 rip and roar
r9 no 1 ccs lover

EACH WAY BETS
r3 no 1 bold crusier

BEST ROUGHIE
r7 no 9 sunana asset

happy punting to all

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Tipper Special View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tipper Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2008 at 7:38am
you picked one winner all night  man and that was a 1.60 pot nice review ans ccs lover well u can't say u can claim that one. stick to the horse racin man.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic