Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Multiple IDs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 7:25am
right  dors  i  have  to  venture  out  into  the  snow  ..  so  will  you  keep  an  eye  on  our  thread  for  me  please..
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Liar  Liar Liar Liar wrote:

right  dors  i  have  to  venture  out  into  the  snow  ..  so  will  you  keep  an  eye  on  our  thread  for  me  please..

liar
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 8:47am
aye.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 8:59am
I'm sorry Dorsie but this is all totally useless.

You can't give out IPs and you can't stop people registering new accounts.

You just need to hold your head high because you know you don't have to hid behind another name to say something you really want to say no matter what others may think of it.
Liar Liar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liar  Liar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2008 at 9:22am
its not  useless  if  it  highlights  a  problem  wortel..

and  theres  plenty  of  ways  to  complicate  matters  ..

for  instance  admin  can  send  an  account  activation  email  to  each  new  member  applicant  and  just  ignore  doubled  up  email  addys  or  minor  broadband  suppliers  wholesale  .. 

and  illegal  my  arse  is  it  to  give  out  I.P.  addies..  ffs  the  i.p.  of  every  place  i  visit  on  the  net  is  in  the  bottom  corner  of  my  screen.

its  harder  now  with  broadband  being  dynamic  I.P.  rather  than  dial up  being  static  however  so  in  a  way  your  right  .. but  there  are  several  ways  to  stop  it  ..  they  all  need  much  more  personal  info  tho  ..  and  in  all  honesty  would  you  give  out  more  personal  details  to  a  forum  so  the  owner  can  flog em  all  over  the  net  to  spammers  not  for  me ..
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 5:33pm
Bump
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:02am
Flamethrower is.....???? Any guesses?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:16am
...a colourful character?
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:53am
This is the only forum I have ever known that allows multiple IDs. It's quite extraordinary. Every single other forum I've ever seen will ban immediately as soon as a multi is identified. One even creates a topic to specifically out the culprit and tell people that ID-A & ID-B are the same person and then merges the accounts.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:57am
Not easy sometimes when two different people have the same IP address.

It actually doesn't concern me if a person has multiple ID's and there are a number of reasons why one would do so.. e.g.; personal and work accounts. I guess if the same person is talking to each other, that's bit weird.

Mayor
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 5:37pm
Gotta laugh....out of the 4 plus pages of people complaining of multiple nic's before this thread was revived I only recognised 4 active posters ConfusedConfused
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Gotta laugh....out of the 4 plus pages of people complaining of multiple nic's before this thread was revived I only recognised 4 active posters ConfusedConfused

Well it is 9 years ago.....a few people of the people are still about but not many. Some like me drift in and out, amazing really given that I lived full time in this Village for many years Shocked
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic