Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Moshe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 10:54am
I can tell you now (hope I dont offend anyone), his mare book on avg was very poor.

If he gets some runners, he could be a hot sire.

For example, his 2012 mare book
- 3.3% of his mares were blacktype performed or produced BT averaging $33k earnings per mare
COMPARED to
- 29.4% Smart Missile (BT performed or producer) avg $84k
- 50% So You Think " avg $151k
- 50.6% Sepoy " avg $228k

Keen watch on this lad. 
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 6:26pm
They are mind blowing stats.

Good work Whitto!!!

He is going to have to be the next Danzig to succeed with them figures.

As a trainer pointed out to me Moshway showed a lot of fight......Maybe.....just maybe the Helsinge genes expressed as traits are blending well with Moshe's natural brilliance.

Can't wait too see the Moody Moshe who blew them away in his/her trial race.

Explosive speed combined with steely determination is a leathal combination especially in Australians conditions and we have always loved the underdog.

I would luv to see a Golden Slipper packed with Sepoy,
Foxwedge, Smart missile and Pierro progeny only to be blown away by a lone Moshe.
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 6:43pm
Hah, wait till my girl hits the track

www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 6:47pm
That's right you were going to tell us.

What is her racing name?
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:04pm
Don't know yet. She goes back to the breaker for a couple of weeks pretraining then I'll think of a name.

www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
Healy Bloodstock View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Healy Bloodstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 10:53am
We had a runner in the race won by Dalradian at Bendigo when Moshki ran second. Looking at Moshki in the mounting yard, it looked immature and was dull in the coat.  It came out and ran an exceptional race.  Dalradian then went out and won the Inglis Banner $250k race.  We finished last but were pretty happy because our mare had a positive test to Moshe the day before.

Moshe looks the goods.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 11:08am
Moshki has accepted for the 2yo at Flem on cup day. Group 3 race by memory.
His run was very good behind Dalradian after drawing wide, missing the kick a bit and circling the field. Fingers crossed he has improved and gives that race a good shake.

You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 11:20am
Just checked. Group 3 , barrier 2 and ridden by Bowman which won't hurt her chances at all. I wish her well.
EPI will be hoping she wins or places.  The phones will be ringing.
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 10:42am
Reasonable effort today.
Healy Bloodstock View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy Bloodstock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

Reasonable effort today.
Was a good effort. She ran through the line well.  Cant wait to get a look at some more Moshes as they hit the track.
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 8:44am
2 cracking fillies this year, with missy testing pos, and kate to test on friday.  Go Moshe.

www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 10:57am
that's great news Jayzaa. congrats
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 4:01pm
Had a nice colt jumpout the other day
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 4:33pm
Damn, another setback, not her, me. Gotta go in for a new heart valve.  
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 4:43pm
Wow jazaa, not good news. Best of luck with the op, will be thinking of you.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Yours TJ?

Is there a replay of the jump out?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Yours TJ?

No not mine, i wish though.

mrc.racing. com/jumpouts#?date=2015-11-17&race=2

(delete space between "." and "com") jumpout 2
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by jayzaa jayzaa wrote:

Damn, another setback, not her, me. Gotta go in for a new heart valve.  

You won't know yourself afterwards, you'll have a new lease on life Tongue BOL jayzaa & get back into it soon Thumbs Up
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 8:23am

Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Yours TJ?

No not mine, i wish though.

mrc.racing. com/jumpouts#?date=2015-11-17&race=2

(delete space between "." and "com") jumpout 2

Thanks TJ.

A nice effort indeed.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:00pm
I didn't back El Venetian today so no agenda.

D Dunn took him forward initially and then looking to drop in two out from the rail let him drift a fair way back 3 wide and he ran home well for third.

If he rode him forward he may have won the race.

Moshe 4 runners and 3 are stakes placed.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:08pm
Would be appreciative if you could you tell us the names of those three stakes-placegetters please Aurelius.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:27pm
2 stakes placed.

reductio ad absurdum
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:40pm
Yeah thanks DJ.

Thought the record I was looking at was individual / Unique SW not horses that had
placed twice.

Still not a bad effort bit it would be good to see one get over the line in front.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:47pm
Promising start irrespective.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:28pm
Good start - Surprising me.

lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:14pm
Not me. He is the only full relation to a superstar and he was mighty quick himself albeit no where near her. Also half to another gun horse so what's not to like.
 Yes he covered big books of not much to write home about, but I'd like to think that gives him a good chance to upgrade them. Heaven knows he will have to.
Promising start for him for sure and happy enough I sent him a nice mare last season.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:19pm
I find it surprising that two of his first 4 runners have exceeded what he did on the track.

Also that El Venetian is crossed 2 x 4 Royal Academy, very close linebreding that the experts
would not agree with especially with no sex balancing.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:21pm
He was very nice in the flesh when we checked him 18 months ago , beautifully behaved also..
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:17am
Funny that.

My filly was very (naughty, for want of a better word) when she was under 12 months old.

I thought it has to be his influence because mare is quite however she has really settled down and is well behaved now, quite intelligent also.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:18am
Quiet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>