Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Miss Vista

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 2:42pm
Flemington on Monday
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 3:23pm
down the straight will be a good test for her
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 9:03am
Miss Vista / Stupido double tomorrow $4.9
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 12:54pm
Short enough now but think they'll need to find an extra gear to get near her, she's something special
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 12:58pm
She looks too good, I like to see them do it twice but this race looks like a nice progression. I have saved on the 2 at $10
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:04pm
Did she even try? Looked like she was just walking
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:06pm
She still does a lot wrong. Off to the paddock for a spring prep.
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
I'M SAYING NO TO GAY MARRIAGE...ARE YOU?
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:09pm
Did a bit wrong but was not a lot left on the line. She is certainly handy, whether she is group class will probably come down to how she develops in the spring.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:12pm
She has the breeding to come back as a strong 4yo. She seems a very chunky robust filly, so the bones will need the time as well to hold that weight.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:56pm
She went too hard for the kid today. did a lot of work within herself, if that makes sense - she didnt pull him out of the saddle but was still working too hard in front. she felt it at the end.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

Bit harsh mate!!
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 3:12pm
I admit I dont really know anything about her trainer George Osborne. Any one know his story?  
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 3:26pm
Used to train in QLD. Think he may of been in Sydney before that, at Barts maybe?
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
I'M SAYING NO TO GAY MARRIAGE...ARE YOU?
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

Bit harsh mate!!

Haha my bad!! I'll take the win though ;)
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

She went too hard for the kid today. did a lot of work within herself, if that makes sense - she didnt pull him out of the saddle but was still working too hard in front. she felt it at the end.

Agree with that. Jock may have been off just letting her roll over the 1000m. If she wants further, she'll need to learn how to settle.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Agree with that. Jock may have been better off just letting her roll over the 1000m. If she wants further, she'll need to learn how to settle.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 8:20pm
Really like this filly.
Sunline...simply supreme
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 8:42pm
I like her as well. Her numbers for a three year old having her first start were solid and I would expect enough improvement with a spell to be competitive in Listed and Group 3 class but will need to improve to be a Group 1 horse I think. I don't know much about the trainer but rightly or wrongly don't back horses in Group 1 races unless their trainer has been proven at that level. 

Hope she makes the step up as her looks alone will get people talking about her which is good for racing.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 8:45pm
George said post race she is still probably a couple of preps away from her best.

Said she'll have a light spring, targeted at some of the early races and be put away for autumn.

James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 8:51pm
Great idea. No need to throw her in the deep end after two starts and certainly a few easy picking black type races early in the spring.
blackbook View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackbook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:46pm
Smashed it at a jumpout at Geelong today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BBpT9vfO44
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 3:36pm
I wonder how high they are setting the bar .Let her run through the grades and we all collect along the way
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 3:37pm
Try tis one
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 3:39pm
Heard George i'viewed about a month ago & that's exactly what he said the intentions were, especially as she's not rated high enough for black type yet. He did say she was settling better in trackwork.
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 3:40pm
Thanks Gay , will be happy to load in to the shorts , she looks bomb proof
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 7:24pm
Nominated for 955 at the valley Friday night
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:09pm
Story on her and her trainer on ch78 now if anyone is interested
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 9:38pm
I wonder what price she will be
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 1:59pm
Miss Vista could be set to take her speedy talents to the Harbour City, with trainer George Osborne outlining the spring plan for his popular mare.

The bald-faced daughter of Show A Heart will run at Caulfield this Saturday, and Osborne is confident she can make it three-from-three in the $40,000 Monty Samuel Plate (1000m).

And if she does, Miss Vista will be strutting her stuff in Sydney at the same time the face of Australian racing, Winx, is down in Melbourne trying to go back-to-back in the William Hill Cox Plate.

Osborne said a $100,000 Benchmark 78 over 1000m at Royal Randwick on October 22 could be her fourth start, before a Benchmark 84 for fillies and mares over five furlongs at Moonee Valley in mid-November.

And Miss Vista's enthusiasm has been there for all to see in her lead-up work to her first-up run.

"I think she's come back fantastic. I think she's better than she was last prep," Osborne told Racing.com's Racing Ahead on RSN 927.

"Her jumpouts have been extraordinary.

"She went to Geelong for a jumpout. I don't know what was in it [the jumpout], but Craig Williams was there on a Wednesday morning at Geelong Synthetic to ride a horse in a trial, and he wouldn't be there for no reason.

"We jumped out, and we were - conservatively - 15-20 lengths in front halfway around, and won by more than that.

"It was just crazy. I don't care what was in it. It was incredible to see.

"From there, she's had a couple of gallops - a nice gallop at Caulfield two weeks ago, and she's spot on."

Osborne said his current thinking to head to Sydney on Cox Plate Day with Miss Vista was the lack of a suitably timed target in her home state.

"The timing of the carnival, there's no races I could put her in anyway," he added.

"If everything goes in the right direction, she'll have 2-3 ratings races this preparation, which will creep her up in the ratings then we'll look at something more serious next prep.

"I do expect her to win [on Saturday]. I would think she's better than the field that'll go around."

And what of the continual attention Miss Vista has earned for Osborne and his stable?

"I'm handling it," he said.

"I wouldn't say it's getting to the stage where it might be getting annoying.

"There's hardly a day gone by where I haven't been answering calls from media.

"I'm happy to be in the position that I've got the horse, and I'm happy to train it, and as I said to my friends, I'm doing my best to keep the horse in good shape and see if we can keep winning races.

"One day I'll sit back and reflect on it and say, 'Gee that was our horse'."
Ammy42 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ammy42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 2:56pm
It's good that he's not getting swept up in the hype and is taking it slowly with her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic