Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Miss Vista

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miss Vista
    Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:11pm
Deserves a thread. Unique looker and incredibly quick. Instant cult status achieved.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:11pm
That was a very impressive win at Ballarat today.
4 white socks and a big beautiful white face.
Broke their hearts lead all the way and smashed them.
57.31 for the 1000
9 trials and won them all, never been beaten in any of her work and trainer thinks she is the best horse he has ever had

Big watch for the future.

Will find a photo of her and post it.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:11pm
9 MISS VISTA
3 year old bay filly (26-8-2012) Sire: Show a Heart Dam: Cape Tycoon (Cape Cross (IRE)) View Pedigree Report
Breeder: Karreman Racing Pty Ltd
Owners: Karreman Racing Pty Ltd {Mgr:D Karreman}
Colours: White, Royal Blue Band And Cap, White Pom Pom
Gear Changes: Tongue Tie FIRST TIME

Trainer: George Osborne (Kyneton)     Jockey: Ben Allen 56kg (a1.5)      Barrier:8

Phew Shocked this one certainly deserves her own thread. Coloured like a Clydesdale but a flying machine to the extent she's smashed the B'rat 1000m record eased down Big smile
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:12pm
You read my mind Gay!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:12pm
Ha. 3 threads in a minute!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:15pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:16pm
She must be special for 3 of us to start identically named threads at exactly 3.11pm Thumbs Up

Edited by Gay3 - 22 Mar 2016 at 3:16pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:18pm
She reminds me of the great Apache Cat. Even if she is half as good as him she is pretty special.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:24pm
Absolutely killed them. Interesting George said he hadn't slept for 2 days because he knew how talented she was and he was nervous to get her to the races. 
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
I'M SAYING NO TO GAY MARRIAGE...ARE YOU?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:27pm
And yet opened $21, before being backed in to $7.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:29pm
I had $20 on at $11 just on looks from the MYard
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
MadalenMiss View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadalenMiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 3:40pm
I also posted about this on on the Tuesday thread... was a pretty awesome run!
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 4:08pm
Nice. Hope she does well for them. Keep the sunscreen up. Presumably that's a class record not a track record? Doesn't sound quick enough.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 4:15pm
She missed the track record. Think the track record was 55 or 56. But still a very good time for a 3yo filly in start 1
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Nice. Hope she does well for them. Keep the sunscreen up. Presumably that's a class record not a track record? Doesn't sound quick enough.

They said her white face turns pink after track work, and it definitely did it after the race today.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 5:08pm
Dick Karreman of Seachange/Divan ownership
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 5:13pm
He owns Miss Vista's dam.

Interestingly, the older full brother couldn't go a yard.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

He owns Miss Vista's dam.

Interestingly, the older full brother couldn't go a yard.
No rules sometimes
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 6:11pm
That's got to be one of the ugliest horses I've seen!

Great win tho.
2016 stable stars:WINX, OCEAN EMBERS, WHO SHOT THEBARMAN, HAURAKI, HE'S OUR ROKKII, GALLANTE, BLACK HEART BART, AWESOME ROCK, OMEI SWORD, SPIETH, GALLANTE, BONDI BEACH, JAMEKA, IRISH SEA & BON AURUM
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 6:44pm
Featured on Ch9 news in Melbourne.
Fast horse and cult status established even faster.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 6:48pm
Stewards report Channel 7, the self-proclaimed home of racing was extremely slow out of the gates.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 7:38pm
will be something to catch when she jumps then
doubledown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote doubledown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 7:41pm
Just watched the replay, some win!!

Always liked the trainer, hope this is 'that' horse for him.

@underthewhip
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 8:24pm
rhinks View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 8:38pm
That's a horse I'd like shares in. Plenty of sprint races around , jumps gets to the front and keeps rolling. If it can keep that up it will break a lot of horses a long way from home. Great win!!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 8:56pm
shame the 955 series is ending this week, she could of gone to one of those and won a car for gorgeous georgie.
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 8:58pm
I saw her in the flesh, she instantly caught my eye, she was still $15 so quickly had a bet. Never in doubt as soon as she hit the front. very talented girl, don't want to go the early crow, but you don't come out and toy with them like that without a bit of talent.

Fascinating seeing her after the race she went all pink like she was blushing.
Proud shareholder of Tiberian
Melbourne Cup runner 2017
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 9:33pm
How was it such a big price if stable had such a big opinion? Won't be getting that price anytime soon!
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 10:28pm
George was telling anyone who would listen how talented she was but the bookies still went up big odds
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2016 at 10:30pm
An Apache Cat lookalike, the George Osborne-trained Miss Vista ($7) was always going to be talked about on her debut at the racetrack - let alone after her performance on it.

Miss Vista was well-clear of her rivals in running in the Hygain Maiden Plate (1000m), and they didn't get near the Show A Heart filly in the straight either as she cantered to a 5.5-length victory.

The three-year-old has a competitiveness Osborne hasn't seen in one of his gallopers before.

"I can't even canter her with another horse, she wants to beat it," Osborne said.

"I was nervous as I've ever been before a horse race ... fantastic."

She clocked 57.31 seconds for the five furlongs, 87-hundredths of a second off the course record.

Perhaps Miss Vista's rivals were scared off by her appearance, with Osborne claiming her white face turns pink after a run.

"I see her walking down my lane in the dark and I look the other way," he said.

Osborne gave his charge several jumpouts before her debut, and Tuesday's run vindicated his plan.

"She's always shown to be a blistering speedster, and I'm a bit apprehensive to get them to the races a bit early when they need to learn how to settle a little bit," he said.

"She was a little bit shin sore early on, she goes off her tucker a little bit, but now she's matured into a really nice horse.

"I've given her three jumpouts per prep, I had her really ready today.

"I expected what I saw, but you just hope you're going to see what you think you're going to see."

Young apprentice Ben Allen said Miss Vista will even appreciate firmer ground, with Ballarat racing at a Good 4.

"She's got a real high cruising speed," Allen said.

"I think she's going to like it if I cuddled her a bit longer, I wasn't sure how much she'd have left but she found more.

"She's definitely going to be better on top of the ground."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic