Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Miranda so Devine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miranda so Devine
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:40pm
l'd like to ring in just so l can say Miranda Devine  it sounds lovely Smile
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:02pm
What's her real name? ... has to be her nom de plume, surely!!! ... love itHeart
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:06pm
No it's true ! After some very extensive and exhaustive research l've come accross an undeniable fact which is that her father a journalist himself, has the name Frank Devine.

So she's a born and bred journo Thumbs Up and speaks very well on radio too has a very relaxed measured tone with a deceptive gravity to what she says. A No-nonsense type lady Smile

Only listen to bits and pieces and last night she had Mark Latham on who gave a very good dissertation ? it's good for practise anyway Wink of the current Labor party and a few other things political - it was good value if you have the time to indulge.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:25pm
I do recall the name Frank Devine as newspaper journo, many years ago. 

With that name, I guess it was either follow into the family business, or become a stripper.

"... and now presenting the magnificent Miss Miranda Devine!!!" ... great stripper name!!!LOL
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:36pm
Devine is not a journalist.
STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 7:50pm
we have no journalist ... we only need twitter, and the former journalists are pooping their nappies and trying to reinvent themselves accordingly.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:05pm
Pretty sure he was with the OZ, Doc E, had a real snout on the abc fwiw.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:11pm
Heard her for 5 mins this evening.

berating the left 'elite' (lmao) for using identity politics to "divide and conquer".

tbh, she made a decent point about the left and its obsession with identity politics. but the divide and conquer bit was flat out moronic miranda. As was calling lefties 'elites'.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 8:31pm
Frank was a Kiwi born, and was a columnist and editor of The Australian - passed away 2009 age 77 (glad I didn't have him on my list).

I've seen Miranda on Sky a few times, she is a no apologies conservative, but she does seem well researched on what she comments on. 

Cabo, morally elite is almost always worse than materially elite ... 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Heard her for 5 mins this evening.

berating the left 'elite' (lmao) for using identity politics to "divide and conquer".

tbh, she made a decent point about the left and its obsession with identity politics. but the divide and conquer bit was flat out moronic miranda. As was calling lefties 'elites'.

Well we can't agree with everything someone says but one thing that can't be denied is that - she is quite Divine Wink
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Frank was a Kiwi born, and was a columnist and editor of The Australian - passed away 2009 age 77 (glad I didn't have him on my list).

I've seen Miranda on Sky a few times, she is a no apologies conservative, but she does seem well researched on what she comments on. 

Cabo, morally elite is almost always worse than materially elite ... 

yes yes. she was very well researched when she called david pocock a lollipop for using "jazz hands" after scoring a try. pocock later explained it was sign language (clapping) for a friend of his.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:12pm
Well researched cabo!Thumbs Up ... an impressive get!Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 11:04am
Haha sarcasm Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 11:08am
..... meanwhile not sure if this is the last week in which we can enjoy the Divine work of Miranda on the radio Smile
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 6:56pm
Completely disagree with her political views but I have a new found respect for her, gutsy lady who is not intimidated easily.

Is standing in for Price at nights, Bolt the  guest was spouting his usual obsessed rubbish about Turnbull.  Devine kept challenging his inconsistent views, Andrew did not like that, so different from the obseqious Price. Bolta accused her of not letting him speak and threatened to hang up and not return to the programme, a real hissy fit. LOL  Bolt cannot stand being contradicted, reminds me of someone in American politics.

Go Miranda Thumbs Up
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 7:01pm

Saw Miranda was on radio again not had time to catch it tonight so the podcast Smile

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 9:34am

'For Christ's sake, Miranda': Andrew Bolt threatens to hang up on Miranda Devine during heated radio clash

Ebony Bowden 
Published: February 7, 2017 - 10:44AM

Fellow conservatives Miranda Devine and Andrew Bolt have exchanged patronising barbs during a heated political debate on talkback stations 3AW and 2GB.

The pair, both stars of the News Corp stable, were discussing Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull's chance of re-election when Devine challenged her colleague's political views.

Bolt threatened to hang up on Devine for repeatedly interrupting him, calling their discussion "a living hell".

Devine, a Daily Telegraph columnist, is currently filling in for Steve Price on 3AW's Nights while he is in South Africa for the Channel Ten show I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!

The right-leaning pair  crossed swords on Monday night when Devine accused Bolt of only believing polls when they spelt doom for Turnbull.

"So you're saying," Devine told Bolt, "on the one hand you don't believe the polls when they came to Tony Abbott, but you do believe the polls now when it comes to Malcolm Turnbull?"

"Miranda, this is so frustrating. You ascribe to me a view that I don't hold, then when I correct it, instead of listening and accepting it, you once again say the same thing," retorted Bolt.

"Oh Andrew, we're not getting anywhere here."

The pair continued debating polls before Bolt threatened to hang up on Devine and complained she was impossible to work with.

Devine and Bolt were also in disagreement over whose radio show they were on.

"Andrew this is fruitless," Devine said.

"I know," Bolt replied. "For Christ's sake, Miranda, listen to what I'm saying. If you give me a question, I'll answer it and if you keep interrupting me, I'm afraid I'm going to hang up."

"Oh Andrew, don't do this. We've got five weeks. We have to get on."

"Miranda, in that case you're describing a living hell for me."

"Well Andrew, this is my show so you don't dictate to me what I do."

"No, it's our show," Bolt retorted. "If it's your show, how about you do it without me?"

"If that's what you want to do."

"I think it is, if you're going to go on like this," Bolt threatened, before accusing Devine of being the problem.

"Funnily enough, I managed to do very nicely with every other fill-in except you," he said.

< allowtransparency="allowtransparency" border="0" height="300" scrolling="no" ="http://s.audioboom.com/posts/5577385-andrew-bolt-and-miranda-devine-clash-over-malcolm-turnbull//v4?eid=AQAAAAX5mFipGlUA" title="audioBoom p" width="100%" style="display: block; max-width: 700px;">

The 10-minute exchange worked listeners into a lather, with Twitter users calling it "both infuriating and compelling listening".

"Bolt vs Miranda Devine on 2GB is interesting radio," wrote another person. "The frustration from both of them is amusing."

Others called it a refreshing change and the best radio they'd heard in years.

"So refreshing to have Miranda Devine not being a sycophant to Bolt like what Steve Price is to him. Bolt's flustered!"

But a number of people said they'd tune out until Steve Price returned, accusing them of having "derangement syndrome".

The pair are set to return to the airwaves at 8pm on Tuesday night.

Miranda Devine and Andrew Bolt on Radio 2GB last night provided some of the best radio I've heard in years, looking forward to tonight.

Currently listening to last night's Miranda Devine podcast. Guest is Andrew Bolt. Man oh man do they hate each other!

5 weeks of this Miranda Devine Abbott/Bolt Derangement syndrome means I'll tune out of this show for the weeks @2gb

is story was found at: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/for-christs-sake-miranda-andrew-bolt-threatens-to-hang-up-on-miranda-devine-during-heated-radio-clash-20170207-gu6y47.html
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:32pm
they are at it again Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:36pm
Are ratings that bad?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:43pm
The beauty of the conservative side of politics, is that they can have a different opinion, state it, prosecute it, and remain respectful and united ... plenty of room in the tent!Thumbs Up

Not so with the Sycophants and Parasites of the left ...Angry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:45pm
Cory
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 6:48pm

The beauty of the conservative side of politics, is that they can have a different opinion, state it, prosecute it, and remain respectful and united ... plenty of room in the tent!Thumbs Up

respectful , Andrew was nearly soling his panties, no respect there just a tantrum LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Cory
who?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2017 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

respectful , Andrew was nearly soling his panties, no respect there just a tantrum LOL

No assaults, no vandalism, no burning effigies ... clear difference to lefties trying to express themselves ... 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 7:41pm
Bolt posted a link to the exchange on his blog before they made up on air, and the comments were as balanced and reasonable as you would expect:

“Miranda is in danger of becoming another one of those shouty women.”

“Miranda Divine just another screeching leftie. I know all and you cannot have a say or opinion if it does not support my view 100%. I listened last night and there was nothing Divine about Devine. I will give it a listen tonight if she does not improve that’s me gone as a listener, I like most, like to be informed / listen to a logical reasoned debate not be lectured by some leftie with their personal agenda.”

“I know Steve Price is incommunicado in the jungle, but does he have any idea what Devine has done to his show? It was atrocious! I stopped listening to Miranda when she hopped aboard the Turnbull train,  and the last thing I want to do is hear her hosting a whole show! Andrew: if you truly have to endure 5 weeks more of this, I wish you strength! I wont be back until Miranda is gone. If its another 5 weeks, who knows whether I will return to 2GB at all.  Please let us know when she’s gone.”

“Miranda sounded like on very spoiled brat with her ‘Its my show’,just imagine wrangling her when she was at school and she is yet to grow up.”

“Hi when you go back on STEVE PRICES show tonight l would not be the fist to say sorry these bloody women who want to be equal let her say sorry first l am sick of all this agenda bullsit mostly all thisfemale stuff thinking they have the right ,that they are right and what ever they do or say is right ,Stay stro g Andrew and dont give away your right or soul .Go hard mate thanks wendie AKA Hada Nuff”

“Little wonder that MGTOW [Men Going Their Own Way, a men’s separatist movement] is now so rife in the West – its pointless to even risk these interactions (and especially under the same, shared roof, with such monotonous regularity nowadays). These increasingly likely interactions are just so draining for the average bloke who is increasingly choosing to avoid them altogether. Mens clubs, the trades, the forces and the maths/science/engineering professions used to be ways of avoiding/escaping these episodes (or mind-f@#ks) in the workplace and socially… but not anymore. Still, at least there is fishing, dirt-biking and 4WD camping without loos as occasional respite – until they become targeted for banning or a clamp-down.”

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 8:44pm
Miranda still going strong with Andrew Bolts help Smile

Gave a great account tonight of the rubbish people go on about re the Stolen Generation.

Good to get the real facts about these things and the guest Keith Windschuttle lends some good insights on the subject as well.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2017 at 9:24pm
... have to get the podcast up sometime ....

For example in Mirandas opening comments tonight she says … we will fact check the closing the gap speech today in which Shorten is demanding Commonwealth reparation for the so called stolen generation .. Fat lot of good that will do ….  she then says emphatically and goes on to explain why.

.... love her style Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:29pm
Nice work by Miranda Devine again last night even got the ear of the Prime Minister Malcom Turnbull.  And she did very well with her understatedly intelligent style.

Got the P.M. to open up about what he's on about not the usually dry and slow repore we always hear in politcs Clap

And exposed the Stan Grant poison waterholes killed my people rubbish which he uses to con his poor sons with as well as any others a little too dumb to write their own speeches please refer above Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 5:44pm
Did she get an economic plan out of him? Nobody else can
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 6:07pm
She's a Murdoch drone.......
The Dude Abides
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic