Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by filling out the web form on our Home Page. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Miranda so Devine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miranda so Devine
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 8:40pm
l'd like to ring in just so l can say Miranda Devine  it sounds lovely Smile
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 9:02pm
What's her real name? ... has to be her nom de plume, surely!!! ... love itHeart
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:06pm
No it's true ! After some very extensive and exhaustive research l've come accross an undeniable fact which is that her father a journalist himself, has the name Frank Devine.

So she's a born and bred journo Thumbs Up and speaks very well on radio too has a very relaxed measured tone with a deceptive gravity to what she says. A No-nonsense type lady Smile

Only listen to bits and pieces and last night she had Mark Latham on who gave a very good dissertation ? it's good for practise anyway Wink of the current Labor party and a few other things political - it was good value if you have the time to indulge.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:25pm
I do recall the name Frank Devine as newspaper journo, many years ago. 

With that name, I guess it was either follow into the family business, or become a stripper.

"... and now presenting the magnificent Miss Miranda Devine!!!" ... great stripper name!!!LOL
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:36pm
Devine is not a journalist.
STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:50pm
we have no journalist ... we only need twitter, and the former journalists are pooping their nappies and trying to reinvent themselves accordingly.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:05pm
Pretty sure he was with the OZ, Doc E, had a real snout on the abc fwiw.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:11pm
Heard her for 5 mins this evening.

berating the left 'elite' (lmao) for using identity politics to "divide and conquer".

tbh, she made a decent point about the left and its obsession with identity politics. but the divide and conquer bit was flat out moronic miranda. As was calling lefties 'elites'.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 10:31pm
Frank was a Kiwi born, and was a columnist and editor of The Australian - passed away 2009 age 77 (glad I didn't have him on my list).

I've seen Miranda on Sky a few times, she is a no apologies conservative, but she does seem well researched on what she comments on. 

Cabo, morally elite is almost always worse than materially elite ... 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Heard her for 5 mins this evening.

berating the left 'elite' (lmao) for using identity politics to "divide and conquer".

tbh, she made a decent point about the left and its obsession with identity politics. but the divide and conquer bit was flat out moronic miranda. As was calling lefties 'elites'.

Well we can't agree with everything someone says but one thing that can't be denied is that - she is quite Divine Wink
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Frank was a Kiwi born, and was a columnist and editor of The Australian - passed away 2009 age 77 (glad I didn't have him on my list).

I've seen Miranda on Sky a few times, she is a no apologies conservative, but she does seem well researched on what she comments on. 

Cabo, morally elite is almost always worse than materially elite ... 

yes yes. she was very well researched when she called david pocock a lollipop for using "jazz hands" after scoring a try. pocock later explained it was sign language (clapping) for a friend of his.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:12pm
Well researched cabo!Thumbs Up ... an impressive get!Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 1:04pm
Haha sarcasm Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 1:08pm
..... meanwhile not sure if this is the last week in which we can enjoy the Divine work of Miranda on the radio Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic