Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Michelle Payne's voice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VaDiM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 9:08am
i did have a few lol :) anyway she looked fantastic!
R.I.P Whobegotyou my little mate
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Bottom Line View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bottom Line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:14am
Sorry to say I have to agree. Her voice is hard on the ear. Comes across as someone who knows her stuff as I am sure she does. But just like some people have a head for radio. Michelle alas has the face but not the voice for TV.
Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:22am
I think they should get Linda Meech to do it .
kingoath View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingoath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Crash Crash wrote:

I think they should get Linda Meech to do it .

LOL
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:24am
Maybe  she just needs a bit of practice and tuition ,  how would we all go starting up something new like that ? maybe not much better  ,  maybe much ,much worse.
Cookie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:29am
There is nothing wrong with her presentation or vocabulary, it's just the pitch of her voice. It sounds like Bruce and Shane crossing to Alvin and the Chipmunks.

She is a very talented rider and she is a very pretty girl, but her voice just doesn't cut it for a presenter IMHO.
wooburrhale View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wooburrhale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 10:41am
her voice sounds good when she comes back to scale on my horse after she just made a mess of the field, ahh im looking at her now up on my wall on top of my filly 4.5L clear of the field at the winning post, she is sweet very attractive and a good hoop, thats the main thing   Thumbs Up
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 11:24am
Andy123 sounds like her on his calls. Nothing against Ms Payne but jockeys usually leave school at around 14, so they don't get to mature in the way they communicate and can go through life talking like 12 year olds. Beautiful girl though.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 4:15pm
 Her looks are good ,  knowledge good , a bit of practice and voice training ,   she would improve rapidly .
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:36am
as bart said "she's a pretty little thing"
Cookie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 1:42am
She is also a very good singer, here is her rendition of 'The Christmas Song':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnrosVyamY

jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 2:14am

I nominate this thread for stupidest, most mundane, space-wasting thread of the century.

Istidaad kicking strongly, he's 2 lengths clear, Crawl gets out from a well back and old Mustard is grinding home... Hang on, Treasury Notes gets out from the back and she'll blouse them all!
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 2:19am
I never found her voice to be a serious problem.

I think she did a fantastic job.

Is she a professional TV presenter?
bachi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:24am
Cant believe people are commenting on this.  Give the girl a break, shes doing something out of her comfort zone and good on her, geez as long as she knows what shes talking about who cares what she looks/sounds like.
You should never be in a hurry unless your 50 metres from the post and you're in front!
Ninski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 3:42am
Could not agree more with Bachi. I found Michelle's comments well-informed, frankly I'm tired of reading these sorts of comments based on female commentator's looks. There are many many women involved in and passionate about racing, give them a break. We're watching the racing channel not MTV.
Pius View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 6:41am
Some of you guys cannot be serious. Michelle, Emma and Caroline are not only beautiful they are great at their jobs.
Remember Ray McKigney, the hand model who could've had any woman in the world but none could match the beauty of his own hand.
I think there are a few Ray McKigney's on Thoroughbred Village.
Here is a happy snap of Emma Freedman for your enjoyment – she's gorgeous
Cookie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:15am
No dramas about Emma's looks, it's the fact she talks like she's related to Kath and Kim that is the problem. 

Ever since Big Brother brought bogans stardom, it seems a generation of them have found their way to the screen. 

I'm just waiting for Ruby Rose (cringe) to be made the Ambassador for the Spring Racing Carnival.
Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Cookie Cookie wrote:

No dramas about Emma's looks, it's the fact she talks like she's related to Kath and Kim that is the problem. 

Ever since Big Brother brought bogans stardom, it seems a generation of them have found their way to the screen. 

I'm just waiting for Ruby Rose (cringe) to be made the Ambassador for the Spring Racing Carnival.

Originally posted by jazzman jazzman wrote:

I nominate this thread for stupidest, most mundane, space-wasting thread of the century.

Agree jazzman and the stupidity continues
well_rated View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote well_rated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Ninski Ninski wrote:

Could not agree more with Bachi. I found Michelle's comments well-informed, frankly I'm tired of reading these sorts of comments based on female commentator's looks. There are many many women involved in and passionate about racing, give them a break. We're watching the racing channel not MTV.

The pre-race comments about Rostova were spot on.
Looked the best in the yard, the pace will go on, will run home very well and you cannot leave it out of your place bets.

She is a very good judge, a very good jockey and most people in racing her know her all say that she almost as good as Patrick its just she doesn't "ark up" for rides and if a guy takes a ride of her she thinks its just part of the game.

Bart summed her up great in the spring, "pretty little thing who rides well" very good at working out tracks via walking. She was bred into racing, her father was one of the all time great judges & teachers of jockeys and she is one of the nicest people you'll meet in racing like the rest of her family. BTW Stevie is the little champ of the family.
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:27am
Any of these girls would be an improvement on Tara Madgwick and Searcy with their robotic vomit of useless facts when they are going through the horses.
Pius View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:33am
Gee Cookie we disagree again. Ruby Rose would be a perfect fit as ambassador for the spring carnival. Sure to drag more people through the gates than, say, Colleen McCullough reading extracts from her latest novel on the punters podium LOL
Cookie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Pius Pius wrote:

Gee Cookie we disagree again. Ruby Rose would be a perfect fit as ambassador for the spring carnival. Sure to drag more people through the gates than, say, Colleen McCullough reading extracts from her latest novel on the punters podium LOL

You've got to be joking

Ruby Rose is the most over exposed person in the entertainment industry. She only gets attention for the party pashes which are always conveniently picked up by the media (she has a great PR person) and the fact she is a high profile and surprisingly hot dyke.

If the VRC were ever that desperate for publicity they could bring in Lady Gaga....now she is high profile trash.

Colleen McCullough....sheesh thanks the visual recall of her will keep me from sleeping tonight.

I'm not saying we need to go back to the 1940's but surely there are some classy well spoken women about.

Giaan Rooney is a class act and does a good job on Wide World of Sports. I'd prefer her over the likes of Freedman or KD Lang any day of the week. 
Cookie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Crash Crash wrote:

Agree jazzman and the stupidity continues

But despite this you keep tuning in for more Confused
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:33am
Sadly I can't understand Michelle,a problem with my hearing.Deeper voices are O.K. so I would suggest Jean Purcell as a good choice when Michelles'  time is up.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2010 at 9:38am
Originally posted by early4lunch early4lunch wrote:

Sadly I can't understand Michelle,a problem with my hearing.Deeper voices are O.K. so I would suggest Jean Purcell as a good choice when Michelles'  time is up.

Turn on your subtitlesSmile
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 10:35am
How annoying was Sam Hyland's voice? Looked terrible, overweight, outfit was a shocker and between you and me I've seen bigger tits on a surfboard. 
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 6:06pm
I  think you are being unfair there VPI,   i  think he did well .
abyssinian View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abyssinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 5:34am
VPI please explain the surfboard comment?
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 6:40am
I was being sardonic. If you've read the whole thread you'll see there was a lot of judging Michelle because she was female, just wondering why there wasn't the same for Sam.
msbcooper View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbcooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 6:52am
Originally posted by jazzman jazzman wrote:

ClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic