Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Meadow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meadow
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:45am
Meadow, great name, hope she runs for you furious.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:57am
She has a win but never measured up Carioca. Of to stud hopefully as a nice pedigree there.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 12:07pm
That time of the year - most of these mares had their last start prior to June, guessing all went off to stud.
furious, who would you send Meadow to?

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:42pm
I'll tell you after work.  Still doing afternoon run!  Waiting for a download.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:24pm
He's not obvious but I'd pick Flying Artie.  Meadow was a bit light in build and obviously didn't strengthen up.  So here we have the Sadler's Well's/Danehill, Sadler's Wells/Fairy King, Fairy Bridge 5m x 5m.  Now we get the Noholme blood in Flying Artie (probably the closest you can find) and his Todman blood through Ruby in Rubiton to go with another line of Noholme through Top Polish.  I also have a feeling that Better Boy blood wouldn't go astray and Flying Artie has the two lines through his dam.  Just looks good on paper but he is a first season sire so who knows.

Anything with Kris is interesting and he crops up in High Chaparral and that blood crosses well with Redoute's Choice so you have horses like Dundeel, Monaco Consul, So You Think, Toronado and Alpine Eagle to look into.  I am Invincible also has him but is probably too dear for this mare but it comes through Invincible Spirit so you have Brazen Beau,  Cable Bay, Ajaya, Shalaa, Super One, Territories there to look at.

Those are the ones I'd look at first anyway.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:16pm
Really like Brazen Beau for her.  And Hallowed Crown if you can cop Danehill 3f x 3m.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:30pm
Update:

furiousRedoute's ChoiceStrawberry Field $  180,000.00 Meadow7-1-0-2Retired  $        20,400.00  
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:37pm
Thanks Gay. LOL  And I guess since I asked the question I will have to keep an eye out for the serving stallion! Below is Meadow as a yearling.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 1:47pm
She's owned by Basil Nolan, chairman of Thoroughbred Breeders Australiaand owner of Raheen Stud, so she may visit Golden Archer..
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:17pm
Yep nothing wrong with Hallowed Crown mating except maybe the close Danehill.  Who knows it might strengthen her up.  Spirit of Boom looks ok also.  He'd offer a bit of strength and along with extra Bletchingly has another line of Noholme.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:20pm
But at the back of my mind there is a question which only Better Boy seems to fill.  Bit like Stratum and Better Boy - I loved that cross and it got plenty of his black type winners.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:19pm
Thanks Dizzy for the pic, I wonder if that clubby OF restricted reaching her potential Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:21pm
Jeez you must have a good eye Gay.  
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:53pm
Well I don't know anything about legs so anything could be wrong.  Anyway I remember Luskin Star had a club foot.  If there good enough they can run with them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:59pm
Our old girl Duty With Honour had a "clubby" foot.  Never a problem with two wins and five placings in town and only twice worse than 5th in 17 city starts.  And her foals have all been sound.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:08pm
Farrier ability rates from 1 - 10 these days, with the larger percentage below 5. Club feet need very astute management, if any sort of racing longevity is aspired to Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 6:14pm
Agree Gay.

Some of us, farriers often included, don't understand the difference between clubby and turned in feet.  Nor how to deal with them.

One certainty is that the sole must remain flat-as whatever else might be attempted to assist the horse in question.  Just imo.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 9:43am
Served by Sebring
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 2:51pm
Not a bad mating for her.  Has the Rolls cross and a very faint cross of Better Boy.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 3:06pm
Had a half-sister to a 3yo stakes-winner (the dam's first foal) knocked back by Inglis for their yearling sales.  Lovely bodied but toed-in, however not as bad as city winner and stakes producer Duty With Honour (see above).

Gives you the absolute tom t1ts, particularly as really bad legged types nearly always get accepted if they're by the better sires or are offered by major clients.  Ouch

So will have her broken-in/educated and then race her ourselves, probably offering leasehold shares to TBV members, a goodly number of whom had a heap of fun racing her city-winning mother.  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic