Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Mating advice Tikhii Don

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mating advice Tikhii Don
    Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 3:40pm
Hi all,

I have been offered Tikhii Don and I was wondering what your thoughts are on her and A possible mating match.

She seems like a sweet mare
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 4:19pm
what price range , horseland?
Nostradamus II View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nostradamus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 8:00pm
just a quick look.

Tikhii Don by Pretty Polly 14c family member Sholokhov out of 14c Pretty Polly member Danira by Danehill out of Sephira by 14c member Luthier (Klairon) out of Satu by Primera out of Creation by Donatello II's son Crepello. Northern Dancer's sire Nearctic also 14c as is Donatello II.

Nearctic and Luthier are through Pretty Polly's daughter Molly Desmond, Donatello II through Dutch Mary. Danira and Sholokhov descend via Polly Flinders and down through Gadabout.

Another line worth pursuing is the 1w female line, here seen through Klairon 6x4, My Babu and also twice through Turn-To in the sire. In fact, Klairon and My Babu are significant genetic relatives, Klairon by a son of Djebel out of Kalmia, daughter of Sweet Lavender. My Babu is by Djebel out of Perfume II, granddaughter of Sweet Lavender.

Both Klairon and My Babu bring together Karabe by Chouberski out of Kizil Sou and Ksar by a son of Chouberski out of Kizil Kourgan, full sister to Kizil Sou.

What influences might work with this lot?

Ambiorix is an influence that works brilliantly with My Babu and Klairon. Ambiorix is by Djebel's sire Tourbillon out of Lavendula II, granddam of My Babu.

Perhaps Twig Moss by Luthier (by Klairon) out of Top Twig by High Perch. High Perch is by Alycidon, a son of Donatello II out of Aurora, a daughter of Rose Red, full sister to Sweet Lavender.

Something to start with anyway.
horseland View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 11:27pm
$10k stud few no more. But what do u think about her breeding?
songline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote songline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 11:44pm
Twig Moss is found in Mossman (out of your price range) or his son Love Conquers all - is LCA still standing at Eliza Park Qld?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 5:54pm
I like Sharkbite for her , some nice crosses there, $5500 quite reasonably priced ,maybe a bit of a gamble if you are to sell , but breed to race looks great to me.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 5:57pm
Her breeding is interesting but relatively not a lot to look at with recent runners, makes it a bit hard , had to go a way back to see what worked for her family , certainly 16c would be good for her.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic