Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Marconi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marconi
    Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 8:27pm
This horse, one time favourite for the Caulfield Guineas, trialled at Cranbourne yesterday.

I remember Nathan was a big fan of this horse - we all thought he had gone to Hong Kong, but he is still with Mick Price.

While the form out of that first trial (which he won by 12 lengths) hasn't been overly impressive, it was the manner in which he smashed them which was the most exciting aspect.

He won yesterday, by only 2.5 lengths, but it will be interesting to see how he trialled.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 11:18am
Thanks for that Andy. I think it was a wet track that he trialed on yesterday wasn't it? that would explain the slow time. Still got a big wrap on him and i'm very excited about him, he's a gelding so they have plenty of time. 
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 9:45pm
Your boy is finally getting to the track, Nathan.

Friday @ Stony Creek.
The Globe View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Globe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 9:56pm
beleive he has very ordinary legs, maybe they can tie roller skates to his hooves to get him around the turn and up the hill at the creek?

Won a jumpout recently at Caulfield by 10 and will go around $1.10 in this! Geek
Sir Tristram-Zabeel-Octagonal-Lonhro-Denman??
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by The Globe The Globe wrote:

beleive he has very ordinary legs, maybe they can tie roller skates to his hooves to get him around the turn and up the hill at the creek?

Won a jumpout recently at Caulfield by 10 and will go around $1.10 in this! Geek

I'd take $1.10.

For anyone who missed this thread before LOL
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2009 at 11:14pm
What a let down it would be if he didn't get up. Hard to see him not though, his trial form is strong, he was running very quick times, and with Newitt on board (his olny ride) you would think Price isn't taking any gambles and just wants a soft hitout with maybe an eye towards the Autumn?
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 1:13am
Too easy!!!!!
Mr_Willy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 1:16am
Loaded up.... went around at $1.40 and $1.20....
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 1:18am
$1.70 top at Betfair!
Charliehorse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 1:21am
How come every time i search for a horse/subject to see if it has been done before so i dont have
to bother writing it up, it never comes up with anything... then more often than not someone else
comes up with one that has allready been done? I must be doing something wrong in my search...

Regardless of making profit on this one, good to see what looks like a very good one with a bright
future. 8 lengths and not even used, not beating much but what time did it run?

Good job Nath/andy pointing us onto another good find.

andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 1:27am
It's all Nathan Charlie, I've just jumped on the bandwagon.

At least you got on too.

And the thing is - because you brought it up beforehand, you can claim him as your boy too :D
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 1:42am
6.0 lengths sorry, and he has run 58.76 on the Good track.

Race record is 58.50 by 'Black Parade'. Not sure how that compares but he

wasn't going for broke or anything... not bad at all.
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 5:23am
Looks like a nice horse, there is some excitement about him.
vontastic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vontastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 6:58am
Originally posted by Nathan Nathan wrote:

Looks like a nice horse, there is some excitement about him.
_popupControl();
looks the goods Nathan should step up easily to city class nice find
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2009 at 7:05am
Marconi was a big tip on the wireless this morning.  Big smile
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:29pm
Thoughts on its step up to Saturday City class in the first tomorrow? Versus Cinecitta coming off
a strong form race. And another talented one on debut 'Arnoux' by testa rossa looks good also.
I think Marconi could be a good one. Will press on and sit outside the leaders from the 6 but 
expect it to be too good in the end. Thats my prediction anyway.

$2.70 Fixed over Cinecitta at $2 and Arnoux at $7.

Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 11:38pm
I won't be backing against him.
Greg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:29am
Not keen on it tomorrow.
Marconi got its own way in front (soft lead) last time won by big space but I predict the form from that race maybe very weak, 4th horse (the closest finisher to Marconi to have started since) was beaten 20 lengths next start. It won't get to lead on its own tomorrow and Cinecitta IMO will win stakes races. The weight scale is massively in Cinecitta's favour should be giving Marconi 8kg but there is only 0.5Kg.
Cinecitta wins with a leg in the air,
Miss Rubenstein the Exacta horse, excellent 1st up, dwelt at the start last time and never really travelling at the Valley. Go off her 1st start. 
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:32am
To me, it is a no bet race.

Cinecitta and Marconi both look impressive types, and the form behind Cinecitta is undoubtedly much much stronger than Marconi.

That said, Marconi hasn't been tested.

I can't bet with any confidence in the race.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:46am
Haha, i think i will be the mug that takes Marconi for that very fact, "hasn't been tested". Ill only
base it on a 'gut feeling'... as you would expect Cinecitta to "win with a leg in the air" based
on form in strong races, and also tough weights for the the 1 starters. Something about Marconi
has me hooked though. And thats disregarding 'Arnoux', a talented debut winner by Testa Rossa
who won in good time, who if trained by a top city trainer would be high in the betting as well.

Marconi for me. On a whim.

Greg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 2:55am
Arnoux is in at Valley and hasn't been Scratched as yet may be going there.
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 3:04am
you guys go with Marconi, but Cinecitta won it's maiden by 6 lengths as well! and the run up the straight was unbelievable when the other two had the sit off the pace.

Price always hypes them on the radio, but I think Kav plays his cards a bit closer to his chest. I'm with kav's horse on this one.
Greg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 6:12am
The Miss Rubenstein form in the shape of Fast Talker, looks a good chance in the next at Moonee Valley
Greg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 6:14am
False Alarm Late Scratching
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:57pm
That horse looks very smart. Forget kav's horse went around. Burst through the barriers and then bombed the start.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Charliehorse Charliehorse wrote:

Haha, i think i will be the mug that takes Marconi for that very fact, "hasn't been tested". Ill only
base it on a 'gut feeling'... as you would expect Cinecitta to "win with a leg in the air" based
on form in strong races, and also tough weights for the the 1 starters. Something about Marconi
has me hooked though. And thats disregarding 'Arnoux', a talented debut winner by Testa Rossa
who won in good time, who if trained by a top city trainer would be high in the betting as well.

Marconi for me. On a whim.

And the whim gets it. Was he racing at Stony Creek or Caulfield today? ...i cant remember
because both races looked the same to meTongue ... another 5.5 length demolition. 

And Cinecitta couldn't even place. Ouch. Broke through the barriers, but still... pretty ordinary.
Was being stoked up to come after Marconi, while newitt was still cuddling him most of the straight.

Wasn't much of a match race in the end, but its all looking good for Marconi in the future.

Tristram View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tristram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:51am

Wow ran 56.79 as a 3 yr old carrying 58kg!!! That is seriously good. As they said on TVN it doesn't look like he is going that fast. Does it easily.

andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:55am
Welcome Tristram.
Definitely a good horse, last 200m 11.37.
It is the time of a group horse.
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 5:28am
Great win but still not much competition. Good time and i loved the way he had to be pushed a tad at the start, yet then settled so well and just controlled the tempo with ease yet did so at a reasonable pace. He still eased away in the straight and was only going further away at the post. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a very strong 1400m - 1600m but that is a long way away just yet. 
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 5:37am
Price has predicted group wins with this boy. That's pleasing to here. He'll either head for a spell or return at Flemington down the straight in a couple of weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic