Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LOOP MUSIC - Event Date: 18 Jun 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: LOOP MUSIC
    Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 8:42am
The VOICE competition was won last night by some clown who sounded more like cats in a fight than musical .   He was the betting fav so might be that I haven't got used to the new world that = "Roots anything that breathes" and makes weird noises and calls it music "

Bye bye Voice = I'd rather watch replays of ALLO ALLO for the tenth time .
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:35am
The ads are hard to escape so I've got glimpses. I can't imagine anyone with any talent going on it. The winner is decided by the votes of 12 year old girls isn't it?

When I saw "loop music" I thought you meant Eno or Fripp. I can guarantee you won't get loop music on The Voice.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:40am

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:47am
Taz Yours is as bad ..
I realise The Voice doesn't have a lot to offer with the likes of Boy George and that Used car , That's done millions of miles on the judging panel.
Total failure and so is Britain's Got Talent now days.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Taz Yours is as bad ..
I realise The Voice doesn't have a lot to offer with the likes of Boy George and that Used car , That's done millions of miles on the judging panel.
Total failure and so is Britain's Got Talent now days.

Mine will be good for your morning nap.Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The VOICE competition was won last night by some clown who sounded more like cats in a fight than musical .   He was the betting fav so might be that I haven't got used to the new world that = "Roots anything that breathes" and makes weird noises and calls it music "

Bye bye Voice = I'd rather watch replays of ALLO ALLO for the tenth time .

Maybe Fiddles should have entered maxie. Wink
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:56am
And i only watched The Voice, for the first time, to listen to Sam Perry. i found it fascinating.

Something different. Singers? dime a dozenLOL

Adele?boring. Ed sheeran, cant see the point. music today, on the commercial stations? all sounds the same.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

The ads are hard to escape so I've got glimpses. I can't imagine anyone with any talent going on it. The winner is decided by the votes of 12 year old girls isn't it?

When I saw "loop music" I thought you meant Eno or Fripp. I can guarantee you won't get loop music on The Voice.

dont buy a car from TLOL
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:00pm
These shows are not my cup of tea at all. Total garbage. But there can be no argument that the thinking behind them is brilliant. The winner is decided by the viewers and therefore they are certain to sell a reasonable amount of records. The record may well be a pile of gelati and they may never release anything else but for that initial production they are virtually guaranteed of making some money (they guys producing it anyway, the “artist” may not get much I have no idea).
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:02pm
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hF6_8CagXs

Published on Jan 27, 2014
Sam Perry incredible live performance at TEDxPerth 2013. He creates amazing sonic landscapes using only his voice, some effects and a loop station. http://www.samperrymusic.com/

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:04pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:04pm

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 12:11pm
that video sums it all up, beautifully, and the audience reactions, as well.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

that video sums it all up, beautifully, and the audience reactions, as well.

I hope his anti psychotics kick in soon.
   Bluddy Rubbish
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 7:28pm
BGT still has it's moments. And you don't have to watch a sicko violent rapist being a "mentor" (/groomer) for the kids.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 7:38pm
Delta?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 7:43pm
Yep that's funny.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 7:46pm
Why not just tell the story, instead of leaving people hanging?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 7:50pm
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 9:00pm
I called Sam the winner the first time I saw him ... there were no deaf dumb or blind contestants to take the sympathy vote, and the only guy who could sing was an opera singer, so he had no hope.

I actually liked most of the stuff he did - and he is an entertainer.

The "Voice" is one of the great misnomers of all time ... it's only the voice until they see them ... old fat ugly contestants who can sing might turn a chair, but winners are as common as good ALP policy ...Ouch
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 11:41pm
The runner up last night is the one with the future.

Most lack the presentation to be entertainers.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 12:15am
Shows what I know Big smile I thought the gay boy had to best voice of the lot.
animals before people.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 1:12am
LOL. I knew what you meant Stayer. Glad I missed every episode.
 Post Reply Post Reply