Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.
Punters, click here for everything about betting: Villagebet - Community of punters.

Longines QEII - WFA Championship of Sydney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Longines QEII - WFA Championship of Sydney
    Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:29pm
Hopefully the track will recover and it will be a ding dong battle over the last 200m.

Race 9 - 4:35PM LONGINES QUEEN ELIZABETH STAKES (2000 METRES)
Of $4,000,000.1st $2,400,000, 2nd $750,000, 3rd $350,000, 4th $175,000, 5th $100,000, 6th $75,000, 7th $75,000, 8th $75,000 GROUP 1
Standard Weight for Age, Three-Years-Old and Upwards, Apprentices cannot claim.

Field Limit: 14 + 4 EM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
1131x18x111CONTRIBUTER (IRE)John O'SheaJames McDonald1359kg116
23722753x32CRITERION (NZ)David Hayes & Tom DabernigCraig Williams459kg113
320561x6230HAPPY TRAILSPaul BesharaDamien Oliver959kg113
4x60x4726x5RED CADEAUX (GB)Ed Dunlop359kg112
5x22221x806FIVEANDAHALFSTARAnthony CummingsBlake Shinn759kg110
61x42x80053BEATEN UP (GB)Chris WallerGlyn Schofield159kg109
7247844x541SPILLWAY (GB)David Hayes & Tom DabernigMichael Walker659kg109
827x1080x57AOMEN (IRE)Anthony CummingsGlen Boss259kg100
91x2122131xADELAIDE (IRE)Chris WallerRyan Moore1258.5kg114
10125x20x2x2TO THE WORLD (JPN)Yasutoshi Ikee558.5kg114
111x00x781x2TOSEN STARDOM (JPN)Yasutoshi IkeeTommy Berry1158.5kg112
12x22220x743ROYAL DESCENTChris WallerJoao Moreira1057kg111
1316130x4937LUCIA VALENTINA (NZ)Kris LeesHugh Bowman857kg110

Edited by Mayor - 07 Apr 2015 at 9:28pm
Sponsored Links

breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:34pm
To the World will be very hard to beat after his last blow out
Newtown Old Boy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:49pm
Would like to have seen a 3 year old in this. 
Didn't have one last year either - trainers probably don't like the autumn weight scale.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 12:58pm
Big ask for Adelaide first up. They do it in Europe but we ain't Europe
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 1:27pm
I have a feeling Waller hasn't trained Adelaide at all, probably just been faxed what Coolmore want the horse to do exercise wise and just use Waller to house and feed the horse..

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Newtown Old Boy Newtown Old Boy wrote:

Would like to have seen a 3 year old in this. 
Didn't have one last year either - trainers probably don't like the autumn weight scale.

One week after Derby and that's in a dry week. A derby 3yo will never win the race unless they fix that. Maybe a Doncaster 3yo. You couldn't have stopped TJ or Bart running Kermadec if they trained but times have changed.
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 1:43pm
Maybe if the Doncaster had been on Saturday.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:08pm
Brilliant race, would be a shame to see Red Cad race here and not Sydney Cup.
Huge test for my boy Contributer, hes had charmed barriers and runs each start this prep, but will have to do some work this time, or go right back. Makes for an intriguing race.
I feel really sorry for Nick Hall losing the ride. I have no idea why he got bagged for the ride last start. People have a go at him for leaving his run too late, but he had to go before Hartnell or get left behind. If the horse was half as good as everyone said pre-race, he would have won that race. Hartnell was just better than him. He gets his chance in this from the perfect gate and back to 2000.
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:13pm
To The World eased up, I am expecting the kind of improvement we saw from Mongolian Khan on the weekend from his last run.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Brilliant race,

Critereon
Spillway
happy trails
Fiveandahalfstar

surely you jest..??

breeding_above_all View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breeding_above_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Brilliant race,

Critereon
Spillway
happy trails
Fiveandahalfstar

surely you jest..??

All horses you mentioned have quite a good CV.. Fiveandahalfstar the only one who hasn't produced lately.. 
MelbourneRacing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelbourneRacing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:24pm

I have a feeling Waller hasn't trained Adelaide at all, probably just been faxed what Coolmore want the horse to do exercise wise and just use Waller to house and feed the horse..

Faxed? The horse is doomed.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by MelbourneRacing MelbourneRacing wrote:

Faxed? The horse is doomed.

yeah right, like Coolmore have no clue what they are doing with millions of dollars worth of horse flesh..

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:31pm
Handy field ... if this was a Cox Plate field, the experts would be raving about it being the best in years!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:31pm

Brilliant race,

Critereon
Spillway
happy trails
Fiveandahalfstar

surely you jest..??

Wow, nice cut and paste. There are others in the race Mr positive.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Group 1 Selections Group 1 Selections wrote:

To The World eased up, I am expecting the kind of improvement we saw from Mongolian Khan on the weekend from his last run.

Not saying Purton isn't a significantly better booking, but did you have much of a problem with Nick Halls ride?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:38pm
Had no problem with the ride. The horse cruised up them under a hold and then his condition gave out and he was out stayed by a superior stayer with a fitness edge. The drop to 2000m with a genuine tempo suits now. But having one of the best jockeys in the world on instead of one that would probably would not rate in the top 50 is certainly no hindrance either.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 2:59pm
Looks a 3 horse race to me - To The World on top, then Contributor and Criterion.
Muss View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 4:08pm
Like most of the Jap horses the only wet TTW has seen is the stuff they hose him down with. There is further rain forecast. I couldn't label him a moral based on that but who knows, he could be a swimmer. I guess you stump up & find out.
Keyboard Warrior
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 4:20pm
Real Impact went pretty good on a very heavy track yesterday having everything covered but the winner after a tough trip. Hanna's Goal won a Group 1 on the heavy. Agree the wet form is underexposed but not sure we can say they all don't handle it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 4:46pm
Track will be a 7 at worst. If I had to put money on it I'd say a 5.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:14pm
It's going to take some fancy riding for Contributer to win. 2000m not a great barrier to be drawn wide. Jockey would nearly have to ride him way back wouldn't he?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

It's going to take some fancy riding for Contributer to win. 2000m not a great barrier to be drawn wide. Jockey would nearly have to ride him way back wouldn't he?

I am thinking the opposite. There is very little pace in the race. I expect him to go forward and sit outside Aomen.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:23pm
To The World needs it to be a heavy or soft 7 to be any real chance, he nèeds it to be a fair dinkum stamina test.

On a firm surface he will be found wanting in a sit and sprint event.

reductio ad absurdum

Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:25pm
Agree with Subastral about them being positive early, but just confused about which or both of Cummings' horses will go forward from the outset.
honi soit qui mal y pense
racinglover View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racinglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:32pm
Forecast looks ok but I guess that can change.

Fiveandahalfstar surely leads them & usually does so at a good clip. If he had not missed his run in the BMW I would very confident they would let him roll at a serious tempo.

As it is I think he will lead them at a slightly slower gallop but I cannot remember a race he has run in where everything has not had its chance & I doubt Saturday will be different.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:56pm
Not sure why anyone thinks there will be a lack of pace here, a few go forward here including the other Japanese runner.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:57pm
5.5* will be up there ensuring a strong tempo.

It will be a genuinely run 2000m and any horses incapable of running out a strong 10 furlongs need not apply.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:58pm

Real Impact went pretty good on a very heavy track yesterday having everything covered but the winner after a tough trip. Hanna's Goal won a Group 1 on the heavy. Agree the wet form is underexposed but not sure we can say they all don't handle it.
Hana's Goal was a real wet track type, I was confident she'd handle it.

Real Impact was the opposite.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 5:59pm

Not saying Purton isn't a significantly better booking, but did you have much of a problem with Nick Halls ride?
I had a huge problem with the ride unless it was just a warm up run and they didn't care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic