Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Longest Price I've Seen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Longest Price I've Seen
    Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 10:54pm
Snaparazzi 500s into 400s. E/W would get you 100s in a 10 horse field.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 11:42pm
What about Pablo's Pulse? Won the 1987 Warwick Stakes at 500-1!
Jim Pike View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Pike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2011 at 11:49pm
I had 999/1 about Maluckyday in the Melbourne cup for $50! the blood is still running down my cheeks!
Hay List View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hay List Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

What about Pablo's Pulse? Won the 1987 Warwick Stakes at 500-1!

There was 660-1 available , my mate went to have $2 each way on it with a Bookie ... who said win only so he had $4 the win . Big smile
Formerly known as Crash       
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 1:03am
And didn't the owners get Brilliant Light for 400/1 each way in thye Doncaster last year.

I think bookies should take these longshots on more.

I have him at 10000/1, I have Chasm, King Pulse and Crytsal Lily all at 100/1

And on the day I have And Rock and Star Of Couruese at $101

Pellizotti @ $101, Isopach @ $101, Roadtrain @ $126, Willow Creek @ $101, Royal Bender @ $251
Irridescent $126, Cest Le Guerre @ $101, Lord Pyrus @ $151, Mr Charlie @ $501, Roman Emperor @ $501, Grand Ducal @ $151, Gold In Dubai @ $121 Miles Above @ $121, From The Terrace @ $121 and Fairfield Flame @501.

Now I know that I am not really a bookmaker but in the Newmarket if you have nearlly 90% of all bets on the fav, you have had a feild day on the pre race markets with Hay List, Whitefriars and others who could have gone there not turning up then surely you could have half the field at $101.

And I see no bookie has the balls to take on ILTC so there will be no $3 available.

If Bill Waterhouse was still going full pelt and he was winning I can guarantee you he would be lining up handing money to the punters asking them to take the $3.

As soon as a horse wins well or puts two or 3 together you have to wait nearly 2 years before you get a decent price again.

Say what you like a bout Bill but at least he had the spine to take on the favs, not to mention the longshots.

I mean seriously what is the harm for these bookies who have won on the newmarket even if Black Caviar wins becuase no Hay List, no More Joyous, no Catapulkted no Whitefirars, taking some for Crystal Lily.

Talk about weak.

This should be the bookies goldmine for the year.

At least some are offering double the prices but that is still a way short of good service.    
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Hay List View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hay List Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 1:08am
George Henry trained by Brain Firth in 1983 or 1984... Mid week at Canterbury 1000-1

The winner crossed the winning post and George Henry was just turning for home Offically beaten 99.9 lengths .
Formerly known as Crash       
Morgan Dollar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2011 at 11:25am
pretty sure Dulcify won his first ever race at 500/1
Go The Dollar..!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic