Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Lloyd Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 12:14am
hmm, thought he might have gone off St Leger plodders.  I think I heard Mourayan was his favourite horse, so maybe he wants a replacement. Heart
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 12:17am
Has he bought from O'Brien before, I can't remember terrible memory...??
Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 12:29am
At First Sight would be one.
reductio ad absurdum
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:13am
Seville
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:47am
So they're just turned 3 yo by actual age, interesting to see how many runs this time in Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:48am
Nah, 4.

Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:49am
it's 2014 now. Wink

I knew I'd manage to stuff it up Embarrassed Wink. Moral? Don't trust a female with figures LOL

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Feb 2014 at 10:03am
TBV - where it is the Silly Season all year round.
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:54am
The United States, Pedigree Query info.  Makes it sound like he's one of you convicts. LOL

Owner: Michael Tabor, Mrs John Magnier & Derrick Smith
    Breeder: Beauty Is Truth Syndicate
  Winnings: 4 Starts: 3 - 0 - 0, £50,759 in Ire

At 3: 1st Enterprise Stakes (IRE-G3,10fT,Leo)

Sent to Australia 2014 
Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 9:58am
A bit of speed on the dam side.  Should make The United States interesting there.  Not really one for the Melbourne Cup?  Or maybe that is the bit of zip that is required??

Geraldo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 11:28am
oops, should have mentioned this earlier.

The United States is distantly related to Last Tycoon, as Mill Princess is the dam of Last Tycoon, and 4th dam of The United States.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/the+united+states

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 5:46pm
Nice horse that FOUNDRY...remember him at York, he took my eye there and went into the BB...

so nice when these progressive euro's come here and they are in the right races..

giddy up.

Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 7:12pm
Was he in the right race today ?

What the difference in profile between Foundry and Michelangelo ?
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Was he in the right race today ?

What the difference in profile between Foundry and Michelangelo ?

he won didn't he...he has won at the distance before fresh...don't you read form anymore..????

and the difference between him and plodangelo is Foundry can sprint..he has turn of foot..
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 7:19pm
Djebel what is this...scotch mist..?

Video 04Nov12   Leo 7Sft 2y 9K 9-5 1/12 (5½L Tonabrocky 9-5) 9/2 Seamie Heffernan * *

Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 7:59pm
2yo heavy track ?
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 8:13pm
you're exhausting you really are...ff$..the horse won, what do you want to argue about..????

Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 8:19pm
That they have similar profiles.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

That they have similar profiles.

I disagree, Michaelangelo was far more exposed and was proven to be one paced..FOUNDRY was progressive and unexposed...has turn of foot too..

they are 2 different horses in many ways..
Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 8:24pm
He had 2 more starts.

Our handicapper decided Michelangelo deserved 2.5 kgs more than Foundry on arrival.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 8:26pm
I wonder if Lloyd will put Foundry away now, or perhaps give him a run in the Blamey then put away...

Nevis was okay too..plodded a bit but looked dead to me..
Panspermia.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 7:23am
I reckon Lloyd will either go Blamey or put him away from here, and in the spring he will run in the second tier races, perhaps 4 starts or maybe 5 leading into a race like the David Jones Cup on Caulfield Cup, or the Bendigo Cup, he'll then have another light autumn and be set on a 2015 Melbourne Cup campaign... After Lloyd won the MC with Green Moon he commented that these imports go best after they've had some time to settle in, so I suspect he'll take the softly softly approach here, the horse is only young as well, no need to squeeze him dry in 6 months...
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I reckon Lloyd will either go Blamey or put him away from here, and in the spring he will run in the second tier races, perhaps 4 starts or maybe 5 leading into a race like the David Jones Cup on Caulfield Cup Day, or the Bendigo Cup, he'll then have another light autumn and be set on a 2015 Melbourne Cup campaign... After Lloyd won the MC with Green Moon he commented that these imports go best after they've had some time to settle in, so I suspect he'll take the softly softly approach here, the horse is only young as well, no need to squeeze him dry in 6 months...
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 8:25am
A big difference I think is the rider. Stevie Arnold is legless. Negative quiet rider, but when Craig Williams jumps on it's a different story.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 10:44am
Where is Nicholas Hall ?
reductio ad absurdum
princerubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote princerubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 11:27am
hip surgery
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:51am
Is this the only Lloyd Williams thread we have on the forum ?

Libation a 5yo gelding is an interesting first starter for the Williams colours. Over 1800m.

Peter Moody has a couple of interesting ones as well.

reductio ad absurdum
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:57am
I have backed the 1st starter today, heard some positives.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:58am
Libation is an interesting runner. He makes his debute in the Williams colours as a geriatric 5yo gelding over 1800m in the 3rd at Sandown today.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:59am
Well that was quick Gay, Thanks. Beer

When searching, use the Topic Title only NOT Message Body Smile

Edited by Gay3 - 25 Feb 2015 at 10:33am
reductio ad absurdum
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 10:06am
I was wondering what happened there.... I posted in the other thread:

Interesting. Libation is with 14 other horses listed in the Inglis 2015 March Thoroughbred sale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>