Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Linda Meech

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:57pm
Oops, Richo said she was A-ok on the racing.com broadcast
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:18pm
As Richo was saying that you could see her walking to the ambulance, holding her arm with the ‘green whistle’ in her mouth.
Didn’t look Okay to me
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 3:26pm
Victoria’s leading jockey Linda Meech is expected to miss a month of riding after suffering injuries in a race fall at Geelong on Wednesday.

Meech partnered La Lova in a benchmark 70 handicap and was unseated at the start of the 1100-metre contest when her mount knuckled upon exiting the barriers.

The 38-year-old was taken to hospital where scans revealed she sustained a fractured collarbone in the incident. Medical advice suggests that no surgery will be required.

Meech has enjoyed one of her best seasons, riding 116 winners during 2018/19. She's ridden 127 winners during each of the past two seasons and may still pass that mark before the end of July.

Meech also leads this season's Victorian jockeys’ premiership with 114 wins and her strike rate of 17.8 per cent is the highest of all top-20 riders across the state. She is positioned 11th in the Melbourne jockeys’ premiership with 20 victories registered since August.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 8:31pm
This thread has the most posts out of the many & seems I've struck lucky in terms of recent replies Big smile

I loved her non too subtle dig at connections of Reykjavik & Killavally re. their dumping of her after last start wins on each. Karma can be a ba@#@d can't it? 😅
Interview after winning the last for Ellerton/Zahra.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:02pm
I love Linda.
Not afraid to tell you what she thinks.

Should be getting more opportunities.
Give me her over Williams anyday.
This space has been intentionally left blank
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:04pm
Her record stands for itself.Go Linda.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 3:33pm
Coming up on 8 weeks since the end of her suspension... where is she?

I would've thought that this is the right time of year for a dual license operator to be hitting their straps, although I notice she's only got the one runner to her name.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 3:37pm
I think it was mentioned she was excluding herself from riding with the COVID situation, another male jockey was mentioned similarly/
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 4:16pm
Harry Coffey
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 4:16pm
She’s been busy helping her partner Mark out who is also training a few
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:04pm
For anyone wondering why Linda hasn’t ridden since April, she has today announced that she is expecting her first baby in January with partner Mark Pegus. She plans to return to riding mid next year
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 6:13pm
Thanks Shawy.  The lockdown strikes again!
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 8:13pm
Eddie Betts & wife had first 4 via IVF. No.5 arrives at Xmas thanks to lockdown
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 5:34pm
Seems like horses aren't the only thing Linda has been riding. LOL
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 12:06pm

Linda Meech back riding at Horsham jumpouts after birth of her son

Linda Meech was back riding at the jumpouts since the birth of her some but her return to the racing circuit is less certain.

Popular Victorian jockey Linda Meech was back riding at the jumpouts on Monday but punters might need to wait a while longer to see Meech back at the races.

Meech has not ridden since April last year after taking time off for the birth of her son.

Meech also holds a trainer’s licence.

She rode one of her charges at Monday’s Horsham jumpouts and another two-year-old for her partner Mark Pegus.

“I’ve got one in work so I just trialled him,” Meech said.

“It was my first jumpout and I did one for Mark Pegus as well.

“They were just little babies having look around the track.”

Meech has ridden more than 1700 winners but the 40-year-old was unsure when, or if, she would return to the races.

She said she had been building fitness riding trackwork in recent weeks but had no concrete plans.

“I don’t really know what I’m doing. I won’t be doing anything exciting and see what happens,” Meech said.

“I’ve been back riding work for about a month or maybe more so I was fit enough (to ride in jumpouts).

“I’m not sure if I’ll go back race riding or not. I might ride one here or there but I’m not in a big rush.”

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 3:39pm

Star jockey Linda Meech looks set to return to race riding on Saturday.

Meech, who hasn't ridden since April 12, 2020, has been booked to ride Costa Maya at Warracknabeal for partner Mark Pegus.

After telling Racing.com in September last year that she had planned to return to the saddle at some stage in 2021, Meech and Pegus welcomed a son, Anthony Wilbur Pegus, on January 19.

Meech, who also holds a trainer's licence, was spotted back in the saddle at Horsham on May 3, where she was riding at the jumpouts for herself and Pegus.

A multiple Group 1 winner, Meech became the first female to win the Victorian Jockeys' Premiership in 2019.

Pegus, himself a G1-winning jockey, trains a small team from the pair's Stawell base.

Costa Maya has drawn barrier 10 in Race 5 for Meech.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 2:00pm

New mother Linda Meech admits she's enjoying being back in the saddle, but don't expect her to be back riding as many as she used to.

The Group 1-winning hoop rode her first winner back at Edenhope aboard Last Week in the Apsley Cup on Sunday, almost five months after giving birth to son Anthony.

It didn't take Meech long to score a winner, saluting at just her sixth race ride since returning. Her first ride was for her partner, Anthony's dad Mark Pegus.

The 40-year-old said she is enjoying motherhood.

"He's a good little baby, so we are a bit lucky," Meech told RSN927.

"He's pretty good (sleeping), most of the time he sleeps well, he might wake up once or twice during that night but that's it. Sometimes he will sleep right through, which is pretty good."

Meech said while she's back riding, she won't be hunting for a full book any time soon.

"I won't be getting anywhere near as busy as I was before I had the baby," she said.

"I will just see how it works."

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 7:12pm
How good is this rider?  Mature age, has a child and about 18 months off, riding as good as ever with two wins today including a Stakes success to match another one just last Saturday.  Star
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 7:15pm
Hasn’t lost it, love to see it.
Continually gets the job done
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123