Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Laying Favourites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Layking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Laying Favourites
    Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:55pm
Wondering if anyone finds any long jeopardy in laying favs, it is clear that favs dont always win. 

My lays for the rest of the day at W'Bool

Race 5: New York Monty: $23 First up with no wet track form, wide gate, 2kg ap.

Race 6: Maxey Campo: $4 hard to win coming from a maiden to a class one and from the syntho to the heavy this looks a hot field as well .

Race 7: Holbien Prince $6.5 Horse better suited in a 58 rider is simply no good, well under the odds.  

Race 8: Deep Sea Lady: $3.8 Wide gate and the form out of the first up run was average happy to risk. 
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Layking View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Layking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:58pm
Handy day on the 'Fair'
With all these getting rolled. 
ARDTOWIN View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ARDTOWIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:08am
Hi LK,!,
Thanks for posting .I continue to lay 3rd fav with only a few worrying moments in the last 2 mths.Nice to have another layer here!
Layking View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Layking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 2:51pm
Wangaratta:

Race 3: Little Miss Toffee: $3.2 Trials good but first up for a long time, wide gate and trials on wet track.  Result:

Race 4: Room to Rhyme: $22, Good third on debut at 101/1 very hard to see it backing up here, from a wide gate.                                                                                                                                                                                            Result:

Race 5: Zoffany Rose: $11, Very wide gate (17) only fair last time                                                                                          Result:

Race 6: Kipe: $16: Wide gate, first up Apprentice race.
Result:

Race 7: Tudor Rule: $5.5 Wide gate in an App race, that’s a recipe for disaster. Speed looks on.
Result:

Race 8: Vega De Lago: $5 No real second up form to get excited about. And the gate at Wang I just can’t have a wide gate.
Result:

Race 9: Sinatra: $6: Finding it hard to win up in grade with an over rated apprentice on.
Result:

Race 10: Red Inca $8.5: Hard to tip a horse struggling to win. From a wide gate with a jumps jockey on. 
ARDTOWIN View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ARDTOWIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Layking Layking wrote:

Wangaratta:

Race 7: Tudor Rule: $5.5 Wide gate in an App race, that’s a recipe for disaster. Speed looks on.
Result:

Race 8: Vega De Lago: $5 No real second up form to get excited about. And the gate at Wang I just can’t have a wide gate.
Result:

Race 9: Sinatra: $6: Finding it hard to win up in grade with an over rated apprentice on.
Result:

Race 10: Red Inca $8.5: Hard to tip a horse struggling to win. From a wide gate with a jumps jockey on. 
This is where i came in ..thanks for posting lov to lay!.ClapClapClap
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 7:29pm
I'm clearly missing something here.

One easing favourite, and seven extremely rough chances, so it must cost a fortune to lay this lot for a very slim return.  Ok a winning day, but should just one roughie gets up...

ARDTOWIN View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARDTOWIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 12:07pm
I like laying up to 20/1..you either love laying or you dont.Always going to be a gamble!.

When RISK,CHANCE AND UNCERTAINTY is involved. 
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 3:23pm
Some call me the Chicken, i like to LAY
ARDTOWIN View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARDTOWIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2017 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by spinner spinner wrote:

Some call me the Chicken, i like to LAY
ClapClapLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic