Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Ladbrokes new 'Odds Boost' feature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 8:40pm
They sure aren't only banning winners 'cos mine's gone too. I blame you, that bet sent them broke LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 7:40am
Mine was unavailable yesterday during the day but was there last night
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 9:17am
Mine is back too. HOORAY!
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 12:02pm
Just got a text from Ladbrokes offering me an additional odds boost for today. It didn't say come in spinner

I'd prefer it next Saturday
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 3:23pm
I got the text too - they must want some of their money back!LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 3:26pm
Ladbrokes aren't very happy with me, they keep texting/emailing me offers but I hardly bet with them. I think they think I owe them something... possibly because I had $100 the win on Prince of Penzance in the cup last spring. They are still hurting it looks like
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 8:03am
That text from ladbrokes about new boosts in your accounts was a mistake. 
vosmak View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vosmak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 2:30pm
Does it matter if it's a horse they think will run poorly? You've backed it and you're getting better odds about it. That doesn't add up to a scam.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

That text from ladbrokes about new boosts in your accounts was a mistake. 

I got them and wasted them.

?
reductio ad absurdum
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 2:39pm
Maybe it was just me, when I contacted them to use it they said that the message was sent to me by mistake.
HoraceThe Wiz View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoraceThe Wiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:43pm
Ladbrokes not worth a bumper.
Vintedge was good to me!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by HoraceThe Wiz HoraceThe Wiz wrote:

Ladbrokes not worth a bumper.

Can I ask why do you say that ?

I use them for my Australian thoroughbred betting mainly best of 3 totes starting price and so on.

Who do you rate and why ?

I am looking for a new mob.

reductio ad absurdum
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:55pm
What's with the Gary Sweet ads? Do they think we won't realise they're not Australian if they replace those annoying poms in their old ads with annoying Aussies? Peter Moody is an 'ambassador'. I suppose that means he will be in an ad soon?
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:32am
I have 9 accounts. 2 I'm not using atm WH& crown

I bet mainly the place. My biggest outlays on gallops place bets. I also bet substantial on in play nrl (half time) and a bit of afl

I look for the best odds. I've found I am using Ladbrokes far less than I was before the boost. I think their odds have become less competitive. I rate their app the easiest and quickest to use

Unibet (not Ubet) used to attract about 2% of my outlays have gone to my highest for win bets. They all off a sudden are betting good odds

B365 by far offer the best place odds on gallops 80% of my pkace betting is in that account also they are also competitive with in play footy bets

For betting on fixed odds just before jump time Betfair are definitely the most competitive but it is tricky with the limits etc
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 10:21am
They have just put up "enhanced odds" for the 10 000....$50 max bet but might be value for anyone looking

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 11:24am
I see they now have Jockey for nearly every horse adding a comment for their mount.

Interesting..........
reductio ad absurdum
gogos View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 12:58pm
Odds boost only offered on some races and only 1 horse per race
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 1:37pm
Normally only 1 horse/bet per day Confused
gogos View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 1:51pm
Yeah i think so but if you bet early on thursday for sat you can then bet on another race on friday and then again on sat.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 2:02pm
yes 1 per 24hr period is my understanding.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 12:58pm
Tricky lads at Ladbrokes. Wasn't logged in but browsing yesterday and boosted a horse to see what they were giving. Not bad I thought so logged in and hey presto they cut my boost by two points. Have since checked a few against my experience of what was "normal" and against their $50 limit boost which always reflected the normal boost available and sure enough they've limited my boost. Pathetic, esp as they are regularly unders in many  markets on horses I'm interested in.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:08pm
Surprised it lasted so long!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:09pm
Odds Boost extra is available race 2 Geelong for those of us not in the special winners category LOL 
reductio ad absurdum
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Tricky lads at Ladbrokes. Wasn't logged in but browsing yesterday and boosted a horse to see what they were giving. Not bad I thought so logged in and hey presto they cut my boost by two points. Have since checked a few against my experience of what was "normal" and against their $50 limit boost which always reflected the normal boost available and sure enough they've limited my boost. Pathetic, esp as they are regularly unders in many  markets on horses I'm interested in.

I have 9 accounts. Since they have added odds boost I m certain their odds have become less competitive. At one stage I was betting more with them than anyone. Now my volume of bets with them has dropped to 6th

They have the most efficient AP. You can place a bet quicker with them than you can with anyone else
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Banjo Banjo wrote:

They have the most efficient AP. You can place a bet quicker with them than you can with anyone else

Couldn't agree more Banjo Thumbs Up
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 2:58pm
I like Lab and SB websites but will concentrate on SB from now on. Two things with Lad and Bet365 that annoy me no end - acceptance of partial stake only on what I classify as not particularly big liability bets, and cut off times. 
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 3:20pm
I actually find they are more competitive with odds these days. While I've lost boost I still find I'm often betting with them. They do sometimes take time to consider accepting the bet and have halved it a few times but I have few complaints to be fair.
Sunline...simply supreme
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 6:20pm
The odds boost variances have halved in the last week. Has anyone noticed ?

Today I applied the boost to a  $4.50 and it went to $4.80

Sportsbet's powerplay (new this week) same as Ladbrokes boost went from  $4.50 to  $5.50
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 8:08pm
In case some aren't aware, the Boost is operating on several Sat city races now. I came across at least 3 extra ones in Melb alone today Clap
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 6:29pm
Ladbrokes also has "Enhanced" odds.

This is mightily annoying.
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>