Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Ladbrokes new 'Odds Boost' feature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 10:50am
Anybody now what this is and how it is calculated ?

EPIC ODDS

Best Odds on the Tulloch Stakes!

It’s set to be an action-packed day of racing at Rosehill and we’re kicking things off with an EPIC special! We’re offering epic odds on every single runner in Race 5, the Tulloch Stakes, which means if you’re first past the post you’ll win big. Max bet $50.

TERMS & CONDITIONSSHOW / HIDE

• The maximum bet for this promotion is $50.
  • This offer is only available for the Tulloch Stakes at Rosehill Racecourse on March 26.
  • The bonus is applied only to the winnings and the stake is excluded.
  • This offer applies to win bets only and does not apply to place bets or exotics.
  • Bets must be placed in the promotional market.
  • This offer applies to the first bet in the race only.
  • This offer is available for recreational punters only and clients not participating in the spirit of the promotion will be excluded.
  • Bets placed using bonus bets are not eligible for this promotion.
  • This promotion is limited to one bet per person, per household.
reductio ad absurdum
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 11:43am
I've resurrected an old dormant account (only used once to extract some cash from a sign up bonus bet) as an experiment to see how long it will take them to cut me off if ONLY making bet boost and bet blast bets. No other bets allowed. Haven't made any on the races yet but have made about 8 or 9 of the bet blast bets on sports. Good strike rate so far. Will be interested to see how long they let me do this for.
HoraceThe Wiz View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoraceThe Wiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 2:48pm
They cut me off all fixed odds bets and promos even before my first bet was resulted!  I asked why, they said because I had a bookmaker.com account (which I hardly use and didnt know they were connected, apparently owned by the same mob).  So not much of an experience at Laddies with me!
Vintedge was good to me!
Dillwar View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dillwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 11:09pm
Has anyone else had their odds boost with ladbrokes no longer work?

Had one good punting day on first day of championships.Overall a losing autumn with ladbrokes. No odds boost since Sunday 3rd April.  Lost $350 with them last weekend, still no odds boost.

Weak as piss if I've had it taken off my account, especially with no email to say my account has been limited.  Won over a grand with ubet on Saturday so overall a good day but still a loss with ladbrokes and no odds boost joy at all.

As a losing punter with them I should not have my account limited, unless the corps share info then I might as well just bet on the fair alone.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 11:15pm
Why not use the online live chat and ask them? I had a couple of problems with their system involving odds boost and managed to get bets cancelled.
Dillwar View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dillwar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Why not use the online live chat and ask them? I had a couple of problems with their system involving odds boost and managed to get bets cancelled.

thanks mate, will give it a go
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 8:49am
they have removed it from a lot of people (without notice)... mine lasted 6 days
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 8:49am
Mine worked yesterday and still there this morning though haven't tried to place a bet today yet.
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 9:04pm
I am still in front with them, and no signs of any restrictions from them. Been winning a few of the BOOST BETS recently too.
(TOUCH WOOD).
Allan.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 9:06pm
My bookmaker of choice these days as well. I have only used the boost a couple of times and maybe I need to be smarter with it like some here use a boost every day. But as a whole I have no drama with them.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 10:09pm
My observation - their (horse) prices are often not the best and boost might only get you to the market rate. Certainly a handy one off option though.
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 9:46am
quite often the fav might be $3-00 with just about all the other bookies and Ladbrokes has it at just $2-80 with the odds boost it will go to $3-30, so becomes the best price of them all. Biggest issue is you only get one a day!!.

allan
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 9:51am
Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

they have removed it from a lot of people (without notice)... mine lasted 6 days

Is this because you managed to nail the winner with the horse you decided to use the booster on ?

Those who use Ladbrokes, when do you use "the booster" simply on your best bet or some other strategy ?

reductio ad absurdum
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 9:55am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I've resurrected an old dormant account (only used once to extract some cash from a sign up bonus bet) as an experiment to see how long it will take them to cut me off if ONLY making bet boost and bet blast bets. No other bets allowed. Haven't made any on the races yet but have made about 8 or 9 of the bet blast bets on sports. Good strike rate so far. Will be interested to see how long they let me do this for.

Update to this and still going strong with this. Perhaps it's because I've had a few losers with it but who knows. In any event I have been taking almost every "bet blast" promotion they have had for about the last 6 or 7 weeks for the maximum amount without having placed a single regular bet anywhere on the site.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 10:13am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Is this because you managed to nail the winner with the horse you decided to use the booster on ?

Those who use Ladbrokes, when do you use "the booster" simply on your best bet or some other strategy ?

Had a few winners with the boost but also lost on a few too... I boosted horses who I already thought were 'overs' for a mega boost
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 10:16am
Gotta say I find the whole thing very gimmicky....bit like standing on a pokie during a feature waiting to see what the "machine" wants to give you. Obvious ploy to get new sign ups....& already some are saying the offer has been withdrawn. Assuming it is successful, we will see "like me" offers from others....probably more & more obtuse. Just like the pathetic sign up offers that only about 10% of Australians are entitled to when you go to do it....or the other countless poxy offers that are severely limited & require you to jump through hoops. Cheap enticements like these should be banned....let them compete on genuine price, options & service....& throw in Rewards programs by all means.
Refer ALP Election Promises
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 10:18am

I use it on the best percentage increase on the days bets.
eg. bet 1..... 4-00 to $4-60
     bet 2...... 4-50 to $5-25
     bet 3...... 5-00 to 6-00

so in this example I would have taken the boost from $5-00 to $6-00!!!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 10:35am
Further to my post above, I find The Corporates advertising quite offensive. Does a very good job reinforcing the general communities attitude that punters are mugs. So on one hand we have the industry trying to attract new interest into the game (eg the Championships) whilst Corporate Bookies spend a fortune showing bogans in underpants taking a cash out, punters in TABs being shown as freaks, & some goose walking into a Pub like a rock star because he backed a winner....the Industry (if not govt) need to pull this lot into line....embarrassing & counterproductive imo !
Refer ALP Election Promises
bigal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 10:59am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Further to my post above, I find The Corporates advertising quite offensive. Does a very good job reinforcing the general communities attitude that punters are mugs. So on one hand we have the industry trying to attract new interest into the game (eg the Championships) whilst Corporate Bookies spend a fortune showing bogans in underpants taking a cash out, punters in TABs being shown as freaks, & some goose walking into a Pub like a rock star because he backed a winner....the Industry (if not govt) need to pull this lot into line....embarrassing & counterproductive imo !

I hate the fact that Bookies are free to advertise during things like the nightly news!!!!! my 11 year old Grand daughter loves the news and current affairs type shows, but she is subjected to nonstop advertising of betting products!!................

why is this allowed!!AngryAngryAngry

allan
Banjo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 12:26pm
The boost is good in that it allows you to pick the race instead of having a special boost or incentive on a race of their choice

What has changed since the boost was introduced is that Ladbrokes do not have their daily cash back or bonus bet races for 2nd place or 2nd & 3rd place

They used to have one for each racing code every day

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 1:29am
Race 6 Newmarket tonight

Ladbrokes UK has Point Of View priced at 14/1

Ladbrokes Aus has Point Of View priced at 10/1 booster gives you 13/1.

Thumbs Down
reductio ad absurdum
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 6:53am

Race 6 Newmarket tonight

Ladbrokes UK has Point Of View priced at 14/1

Ladbrokes Aus has Point Of View priced at 10/1 booster gives you 13/1.

Thumbs Down

If it was 14-1 at ladbrokes it was probably closer to 20-1 on Betfair and guess which of those bookmakers won't ban you.
poczynek View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poczynek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 8:06am
To be honest, i think it's probably the best thing introduced by the Corps so far.  Their prices overall have not at all come down since it came out.  And i know some have been banned for it - SYT's lasted less than week which is sh1thouse! - but if you've got it then great.

And if you catch something overs - e.g. Music Magnate yesterday at 7.5 - then you can boost that so it becomes even better into 9s.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 8:10am
Ok guys, for those who like Press Statement on Saturday this is where you'll get a great advantage over other corps... Ladbrokes are currently offering the best price ($3.6)... so if you boost it you'll get $4.2 which is a lot better than anywhere else is offering.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 12:31pm
The real problem I find is knowing whether your boost is worth it (given the daily limit) ie the age old firmer V easer issue - esp given Ladbrokes is often marginally unders already. 

MM obviously was as he appeared likely to shorten from his $7.50 opening price, other selections might give you a tiny margin over later prices and you'll have lost your boost.

The one a day limit also encourages you (me) to bet earlier, something I get wrong far more often than not. No doubt in my mind Ladbrokes is well aware of these things as well as the psychology of getting "overs".

Still, don't look a gift horse in the mouth as they say.
poczynek View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote poczynek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 12:43pm
I think it depends on the situation with Ladbrokes.

Yesterday one of the reasons they were hammered because of Music Magnate is because they were the first to market for that race.  Anyone first to the market can get things wrong.  Tab are almost always first to the market and can give great overs if you're quick - i got Speak Fondly at 11s yesterday but that was gone in 2 mins.  

Bet365 are just plain weird.  They just dump all their markets at once on Wednesday - BANG! - and say 'take me on if you have an active account!' and if you have an active account then there are some silly overs.  And yesterday they forgot to put their markets up for Caulfield!  And then when they were in this morning they were rubbish because everyone else was out already.

In relation to Ladbrokes though their markets are mostly consistent with everyone else's for prices.  I know you said 'often' they are unders but i don't see that at all.  You can check via www.punters.com.au or www.bestodds.com.au and you will see that their odds are pretty close to everyone elses.  So the Boost offer is a good one most times especially on longer priced horses where the boost is more.

The one thing i am good at is finding prices quickly and studying markets - i am nowhere near a form student and use you guys on here to help me with that!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 12:50pm
I have the punters.com.au comparison open all the time poczynec and from my obervations (on the races I'm interested in) they are regularly unders.  Undoubtedly they also have a few overs as well, esp with the boost
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 12:52pm
Would be nice to bet with them but I have been locked by Ladbrokes since Christmas. They didn't like me using all my bonuses and winning with them
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 12:57pm
When you say close - yes I'd agree, but a $6 chance at $5 for example is a significant gap imo. Don't expect them to be market leaders or matchers across the board of course. Swings and roundabouts with all of them.
poczynek View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poczynek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

I have the punters.com.au comparison open all the time poczynec and from my obervations (on the races I'm interested in) they are regularly unders.  Undoubtedly they also have a few overs as well, esp with the boost

Yes fair enough - i just don't see the regular unders there!  Most corps the day after the market settles are so similar it is ridiculous.

I just scoured Saturday's meeting on bestodds.com.au for Randwick and looked at all faves and their prices compared to others and I didn't see any regular unders.  In fact, quite a few races had them as best price.  But yes i guess can be horses for courses (pardon the pun).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>