Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kyrgios...??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:28pm
He needs Anger management. Pronto.   
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:33pm
They need to start suspending these clowns for numbers of months rather than piddling fines they dont feel.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:38pm
Miscreants - lol.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

Whale and Dr stop the rubbish

Thanks horlicks - I trust you noted who starts this juvenile stuff ... Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:41pm
Just as well Kyrgios doesn’t play Rugby in Australia. He would have been hung , drawn & quartered by now. ☹️
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 3:46pm
It's the tennis culture and the money oneone - a couple of good results and a decent ranking and they can make ridiculous money thereafter being failures ... and they do as they like because their "team" is just a bunch of parasitic sycophantic enablers. Most of them wouldn't know what "team" meant.Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:02pm
Kyrgios is a much better style of person than Folau. Doesn’t go around telling people “they are going to Hell” for starters - doesn’t get much worse than. Not much harm in a bit of verbal abuse & spitting at umpires - on a regular basis. Deary me !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:24pm
Why don’t Tennis Australia just boot the bloke ? Don’t they have a Code of Conduct in their contracts ? Why don’t the long suffering sponsors do a Joycey & come out & say something ? He is offensive & destroys the brand.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Kyrgios is a much better style of person than Folau. Doesn’t go around telling people “they are going to Hell” for starters - doesn’t get much worse than. Not much harm in a bit of verbal abuse & spitting at umpires - on a regular basis. Deary me !
LOL
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:47pm

Why don’t Tennis Australia just boot the bloke ? Don’t they have a Code of Conduct in their contracts ? Why don’t the long suffering sponsors do a Joycey & come out & say something ? He is offensive & destroys the brand.

It’s an individual sport. What do you propose that Tennis Australia might do? Tournaments are overseen by the ATP and at grand slams, the ITF. They have fined him and suspended him previously and will possibly happen again. I would suggest that it the more extreme behaviour continued unabated then yes, he might very well be booted permanently.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:17pm
That's right E&E ... TA's only action would be to make a statement and ban him from future representative teams ... which nobody would argue against - he has "earned" that.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

It’s an individual sport. What do you propose that Tennis Australia might do? Tournaments are overseen by the ATP and at grand slams, the ITF. They have fined him and suspended him previously and will possibly happen again. I would suggest that it the more extreme behaviour continued unabated then yes, he might very well be booted permanently.
"continued unabated" - your kidding right ? This 7 page thread was started in August 2015. Maybe he should just tell someone they they are going to hell - that should sort it !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:32pm
It could be worse for Kyrios though - at least he wasn't caught out cheating
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:44pm
Can be brilliant on the rare occasion but too often carries on with so much absolute bullsh1t.

You might well say he's the Dr E of international tennis.  Big smile

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:49pm
Thats one of the problems - too many people making excuses for the bloke. Not only is he a serial pest - he is an under achiever. Pretty sure he will carry that tag forever.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:55pm
When Kyrgios is on court I become a New Zealander.  

He is a deckhead.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:57pm

Thats one of the problems - too many people making excuses for the bloke. Not only is he a serial pest - he is an under achiever. Pretty sure he will carry that tag forever.

Are you referring to Kyrgios or Dr E?  Tongue
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 9:54pm
Sc you are doing a good job masquerading as whale.
You need to read the piece about the 60 yo women who were charged and had a judgement passed on their posting.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:06pm

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

"continued unabated" - your kidding right ? This 7 page thread was started in August 2015. Maybe he should just tell someone they they are going to hell - that should sort it !

I’m referring to behaviour like the spitting, when he threw a chair and when he mentioned another player pounding Stan Warwrikas girlfriend. Those do not happen every second week. The blow ups etc are not worthy of any serious punishments generally as unnecessary as they are.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Sc you are doing a good job masquerading as whale.
You need to read the piece about the 60 yo women who were charged and had a judgement passed on their posting.

Confused   And this relates to Kyrigos how ???? 
animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 9:01am
Nick is just misunderstood
EAD
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
You peaked last week SC ... give up, you're not very clever, and it's all downhill from here ...Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:43am
Bit like the Morrison Government you reckon?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:49am
But there won’t be a ban coming his way — no way. The sport can’t afford to lose him.

Tennis needs Nick a lot more than he needs tennis.

Behind Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal, the Aussie is the ATP’s biggest commodity. It won’t be giving him up any time soon.

We have seen everything from Nick this year. Epic tantrums, chair throwing, bottle tossing, umpire abuse, crowd abuse and even the odd title win, and, despite the negative attention he courts, fans continue to come to see him in droves.

We have written about his behaviour for so long now, it sometimes feels like Groundhog Day. We have long debated what can be done to “fix things”. But ultimately, Nick’s not going to change and the powers that be in tennis don’t want him to.

Put him on the outer courts in Italy, the court is full. Put him on Melbourne Arena at the Australian Open, every seat is taken and the fans are lining up outside the building. Like it or not, Nick is the sport’s biggest drawcard.

If I buy a ticket to a tournament and Rafa or Roger are not there, I’m buying it to see Nick. Fans want to see him win or have a meltdown — either way they have guaranteed entertainment.

Tell me anyone else in tennis who is delivering that.

He is taking the sport to a much wider audience. Why on earth would it ban him?

Add to that the blowback the ATP would get from tournaments if it said Kyrgios was no longer available.

Sport is a business. Why is Geelong not going to get a home final? Because the AFL can sell 50,000 more tickets at the MCG. Same with Nick, he sells tickets in volumes others don’t. Remove him from a tournament and that’s your biggest drawcard gone.

If I’m a director in Beijing and the ATP tells me it is suspending Nick and he could have sold me 100,000 tickets, then I’m annoyed.

The WTA has done similar with Serena Williams. She’s no stranger to on-court outbursts but it needs her for the sport to thrive. Many called for her to be banned after she threatened a lineswoman at the US Open back in 2009 and also last year after her on-court meltdown in the final against Naomi Osaka.

Fines yes, but no bans. It’s business.

What’s dangerous is the precedent the ATP is potentially setting. Is it endorsing bad behaviour or rewarding it? It needs him, so is Nick getting away with stuff others wouldn’t?

I’d be intrigued to see if another player got the same treatment as Nick. Would they be fined as heavily? Would they be banned because they don’t do as much for the sport?

What we do know is there will be a next time.

Sam Groth..ex Australian tennis player

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Bit like the Morrison Government you reckon?

You could be right SC!Shocked ... but I'm not concerned, since that WOULD be the first time.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

But there won’t be a ban coming his way — no way. The sport can’t afford to lose him.

Tennis needs Nick a lot more than he needs tennis.

Behind Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal, the Aussie is the ATP’s biggest commodity. It won’t be giving him up any time soon.

We have seen everything from Nick this year. Epic tantrums, chair throwing, bottle tossing, umpire abuse, crowd abuse and even the odd title win, and, despite the negative attention he courts, fans continue to come to see him in droves.

We have written about his behaviour for so long now, it sometimes feels like Groundhog Day. We have long debated what can be done to “fix things”. But ultimately, Nick’s not going to change and the powers that be in tennis don’t want him to.

Put him on the outer courts in Italy, the court is full. Put him on Melbourne Arena at the Australian Open, every seat is taken and the fans are lining up outside the building. Like it or not, Nick is the sport’s biggest drawcard.

If I buy a ticket to a tournament and Rafa or Roger are not there, I’m buying it to see Nick. Fans want to see him win or have a meltdown — either way they have guaranteed entertainment.

Tell me anyone else in tennis who is delivering that.

He is taking the sport to a much wider audience. Why on earth would it ban him?

Add to that the blowback the ATP would get from tournaments if it said Kyrgios was no longer available.

Sport is a business. Why is Geelong not going to get a home final? Because the AFL can sell 50,000 more tickets at the MCG. Same with Nick, he sells tickets in volumes others don’t. Remove him from a tournament and that’s your biggest drawcard gone.

If I’m a director in Beijing and the ATP tells me it is suspending Nick and he could have sold me 100,000 tickets, then I’m annoyed.

The WTA has done similar with Serena Williams. She’s no stranger to on-court outbursts but it needs her for the sport to thrive. Many called for her to be banned after she threatened a lineswoman at the US Open back in 2009 and also last year after her on-court meltdown in the final against Naomi Osaka.

Fines yes, but no bans. It’s business.

What’s dangerous is the precedent the ATP is potentially setting. Is it endorsing bad behaviour or rewarding it? It needs him, so is Nick getting away with stuff others wouldn’t?

I’d be intrigued to see if another player got the same treatment as Nick. Would they be fined as heavily? Would they be banned because they don’t do as much for the sport?

What we do know is there will be a next time.

Sam Groth..ex Australian tennis player

Safe to say that Sam has a jaundiced view of this ... a bit too close to it all.

Nick has virtually destroyed all of the goodwill that Ash Barty had brought back to the game in one day ... the casual observer of the game has better things to do than waste their time watching tennis brats embarrassing the nation.

That's what the WWF is for.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 11:57am
McEnroe used to blow up over line calls. Nothing else that I can remember. What the hell is there to complain about now with Hawk-Eye in use?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 1:31am
Nick is a dangerous & dearranged man .

U Tube shows him throwing a spinning racquet at the crowd on one occasion.

It landed on the walkway behind the main crowd ...   Would kill a child if it hit the right spot.

Tennis doesn't need his type.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:46pm
Is this seriously the only thread on this bloke ?

Pleads guilty to assault.

No conviction.

I have no issues with this.
reductio ad absurdum
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:49pm
 not even a fine?

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>