Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kingston Town Classic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 4:47pm
Agree with Bonfield. The horses TAS beat in the CG were in turn well beaten (though not as far) in the Carbine and Sandown Guineas. He’s no doubt the best colt in the land but that performance by AQ clearly superior, imo.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

No knock TAS, just feel AQ has done more.

I’m not claiming that he beat worse horses, but he went against his pattern, 3 wide without cover on the pace and won effortlessly, I just can’t see what else he physically could have done, the jockey only let him go at the top of the straight.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

I’m not claiming that he beat worse horses, but he went against his pattern, 3 wide without cover on the pace and won effortlessly, I just can’t see what else he physically could have done, the jockey only let him go at the top of the straight.

Better horses**
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:57pm

Hopefully, like all true topliners The Autumn Sun and Arcadia Queen do not have set in stone racing patterns.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Hopefully, like all true topliners The Autumn Sun and Arcadia Queen do not have set in stone racing patterns.

Clearly he doesn't or he wouldn't have won - however like all horses in general he has a pattern he likes most. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic