Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kings Will Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enabled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:47am
Get a grip of the big picture. There are thousands of horses treated and released everyday by vets.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Enabled Enabled wrote:

Get a grip of the big picture. There are thousands of horses treated and released everyday by vets.

Seems rather mean spirited.

It was a useful update of a popular and talented racehorse on a racing forum.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:13am

I know who you are now. That gave it away.
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

I know who you are now. That gave it away.

Og good !  Enable has a stalker !LOLThumbs Up
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:58pm
Enabled is an ex member , a banned member.
I’ve figured him out now.
IT'S OKAY TO SAY NO.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 6:58pm
Thought as muchThumbs Up
animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:09pm
Hope not. After going thru all that he has and earning the money that he has, let the poor bugger retire and lead a quiet life somewhere. These horses don’t come back near as good and reoccurrence is likely
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:51am
I agree with Sister Dot.  
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:03am
How does insurance go in such a case.

Is it nothing if it lives and a pay out if put down ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:09am
Yep
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:13am
Which doesn’t bode well for the future of many insured horses
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Hope not. After going thru all that he has and earning the money that he has, let the poor bugger retire and lead a quiet life somewhere. These horses don’t come back near as good and reoccurrence is likely

We don't know the extent of his injury but from my reading there's no reason he couldn't come back after a long rest and recovery. 

I'm interested in reading any reference you might have in regard to recurrence and post recovery performance. So far all that I can find is limited studies and commentary that horses can and do race on successfully. The only reference to recurrence was this from an online vet: https://thehorse.com/19035/equine-pelvic-fracture-prognosis/
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

We don't know the extent of his injury but from my reading there's no reason he couldn't come back after a long rest and recovery. 

I'm interested in reading any reference you might have in regard to recurrence and post recovery performance. So far all that I can find is limited studies and commentary that horses can and do race on successfully. The only reference to recurrence was this from an online vet: https://thehorse.com/19035/equine-pelvic-fracture-prognosis/

Just read the article, it did sound like it was regarding a racemare. I’m basing my comments on personal experience with horses in general, and many years of watching racehorses. And basically, what I would do if he were mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic