Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kings Will Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enabled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:47am
Get a grip of the big picture. There are thousands of horses treated and released everyday by vets.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Enabled Enabled wrote:

Get a grip of the big picture. There are thousands of horses treated and released everyday by vets.

Seems rather mean spirited.

It was a useful update of a popular and talented racehorse on a racing forum.

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 11:13am

I know who you are now. That gave it away.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

I know who you are now. That gave it away.

Og good !  Enable has a stalker !LOLThumbs Up
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 3:58pm
Enabled is an ex member , a banned member.
I’ve figured him out now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 6:58pm
Thought as muchThumbs Up
animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 10:09pm
Hope not. After going thru all that he has and earning the money that he has, let the poor bugger retire and lead a quiet life somewhere. These horses don’t come back near as good and reoccurrence is likely
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 12:51am
I agree with Sister Dot.  
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:03am
How does insurance go in such a case.

Is it nothing if it lives and a pay out if put down ?
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:09am
Yep
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:13am
Which doesn’t bode well for the future of many insured horses
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Hope not. After going thru all that he has and earning the money that he has, let the poor bugger retire and lead a quiet life somewhere. These horses don’t come back near as good and reoccurrence is likely

We don't know the extent of his injury but from my reading there's no reason he couldn't come back after a long rest and recovery. 

I'm interested in reading any reference you might have in regard to recurrence and post recovery performance. So far all that I can find is limited studies and commentary that horses can and do race on successfully. The only reference to recurrence was this from an online vet: https://thehorse.com/19035/equine-pelvic-fracture-prognosis/
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

We don't know the extent of his injury but from my reading there's no reason he couldn't come back after a long rest and recovery. 

I'm interested in reading any reference you might have in regard to recurrence and post recovery performance. So far all that I can find is limited studies and commentary that horses can and do race on successfully. The only reference to recurrence was this from an online vet: https://thehorse.com/19035/equine-pelvic-fracture-prognosis/

Just read the article, it did sound like it was regarding a racemare. I’m basing my comments on personal experience with horses in general, and many years of watching racehorses. And basically, what I would do if he were mine.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 2:37pm
Kings Will Dream: "It is highly likely that he'll go to Chris Waller. He couldn't actually be in better condition and we're very confident of getting him back 100 per cent in the spring
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 10:14am
Kings Will Dream has recovered from a fractured pelvis suffered in the Cox Plate and has been given the all clear to resume full work.

Sent out favourite when sixth in the Caulfield Cup, the Irish import was injured in last years Cox Plate, won by Winx.

It was touch and go whether he survived. Managing owner Brad Spicer said his heart sank as he feared the gelding wouldn’t make it. We were very lucky the artery he ruptured under the pelvis bone clotted, because if he didn’t it was likely he would die.

Formerly trained by DK Weir, Kings Will Dream will now head to Sydney to be trained by Chris Waller.

Spicer said the reason they chose Walker was because the tracks in Sydney tend to be more forgiving. If it’s too wet, he can be sent to Melbourne which is the beauty of having a horse with Chris.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:26pm
Does anyone find out the success rate of racing horses again after they sustain major structural injuries? 😕
Sometimes I think people regard them like they would a motorbike,
But they are a fantastic animal and I think we owe them more than that.
Venus View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:31pm

Does anyone find out the success rate of racing horses again after they sustain major structural injuries? 😕
Sometimes I think people regard them like they would a motorbike,
But they are a fantastic animal and I think we owe them more than that.

I agree, the horse nearly died from a racetrack breakdown, should be retired to a nice paddock,
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:39pm
Nothing's better than getting a sick or injured racehorse back on track to peak fitness , better than wasting away in the paddock moreso if the have youth on their side, having said that I wish I was 21 again compared to now.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Nothing's better than getting a sick or injured racehorse back on track to peak fitness , better than wasting away in the paddock moreso if the have youth on their side, having said that I wish I was 21 again compared to now.

Racing is the realm of supreme fit athletes, and is extremely taxing on their bodies. There are many other pursuits a horse can take part in that won’t have the same effect.
I wish them luck, but Inwish the horse more.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Racing is the realm of supreme fit athletes, and is extremely taxing on their bodies. There are many other pursuits a horse can take part in that won’t have the same effect.
I wish them luck, but Inwish the horse more.

I'm in sync. with you there Sister Dot fwiw.
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:05am
Its called greed...they wont be happy until they kill him...he could have a fantastic life away from racing but no these greedy bastards want to wring every drop out of him, and it will only end in tears...JMO
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Its called greed...they wont be happy until they kill him...he could have a fantastic life away from racing but no these greedy bastards want to wring every drop out of him, and it will only end in tears...JMO

Can you expand on your intimate knowledge of the injury to KWD?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 9:45am
He has been signed off by the Vets Department
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 4:50pm
Trialled the other day
Races in two weeks
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 11:40am
Greedy bastards...the horse should be retired...you talk about horses with tendons...this is much worse...feel sorry for the horse.Unhappy
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 12:40pm
If he is perfectly fit and healthy then why should he be retired.
The vets have signed off on him racing again.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:32pm
Nominated for the Winx Stakes in Sydney on Sat
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 5:47pm
Great return run with not much luck
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 8:19pm
Looked terrific to me!
Loved the way he stretched out to the line - didn't look like he was in pain or 'saving himself' at all.
Fingers crossed he stays safe and sound.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 8:21pm
My thoughts exactly.
In good hands with Waller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>