Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kementari

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:24pm
Brained them
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:24pm
That acceleration stamps him as a WFA horse in waiting. Schofield Had a lapful at the 250m mark
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:25pm
Sex on legs, this horse.

Lonhro-like acceleration.
Sunline...simply supreme
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:28pm
If Winx goes OS, this will be a good Cox Plate horse
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:29pm
The next Hartnell
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 4:35pm
Love him!
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:16am
Nice horse, runner up no mug either, just got held up while fave had momentum
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Sex on legs, this horse.

Wow, to many years stuck in a TAB learning to talk the lango, absolute rubbish!!!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 8:06am
Kementari improved so much since last spring. Used to get into position to ping but only a small ping, now BOOM. Very adaptable too- you can shoot him out of the barriers or sit midfield- which will make him hard to beat in anything.

mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Paul Hogan Paul Hogan wrote:

Sex on legs, this horse.

Wow, to many years stuck in a TAB learning to talk the lango, absolute rubbish!!!

Will be a star
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:07am
Referring to the quote only, not the horses ability.

Beastiality
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:16pm
Happy to be wrong about this guy getting a mile. The way he won, I see no issue with Godolphin taking the Rosehill Guineas route then dropping back to the Doncaster mile. None of his competition yesterday can beat him over a further 400m after what we saw yesterday.

Godolphin won't be game enough to go to the Doncaster without another run, and they won't be game enough to run him against Winx which leaves the Rosehill Guineas as the most sensible option.

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:29pm
I see no issue with this colt racing Winx in the George Ryder. It's the right lead up to the Donnie and I'm sure he'll acquit himself well.

There will be no shame as a stallion prospect running 2nd to the champ at WFA, and it will set him him up perfectly to plummet in weight into the Donnie.

Conversely I think he could be beaten in the Rosehill Guineas which would be a blemish. I doubt he can extend his brilliance to 2000m, so you'd be hoping he has as much stamina as some of these others like Ace High. Could stuff the horse.
Sunline...simply supreme
Rusty101 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:43pm
[QUOTE=Nobody]Happy to be wrong about this guy getting a mile. The way he won, I see no issue with Godolphin taking the Rosehill Guineas route then dropping back to the Doncaster mile. None of his competition yesterday can beat him over a further 400m after what we saw yesterday.

Godolphin won't be game enough to go to the Doncaster without another run, and they won't be game enough to run him against Winx which leaves the Rosehill Guineas as the most sensible option.

[/QUOT

Reckon it might be the other way round.... Winx camp be crapping bricks that he runs, if she spots him  her usual head start she won't be running him down.

Godolphin will love that on his resume Sunnie LOL
Rusty
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:29am
Originally posted by Rusty101 Rusty101 wrote:

[QUOTE=Nobody]Happy to be wrong about this guy getting a mile. The way he won, I see no issue with Godolphin taking the Rosehill Guineas route then dropping back to the Doncaster mile. None of his competition yesterday can beat him over a further 400m after what we saw yesterday.

[/QUOT

Reckon it might be the other way round.... Winx camp be crapping bricks that he runs, if she spots him  her usual head start she won't be running him down.

Godolphin will love that on his resume Sunnie LOL

If I was in Winx camp Kementari is the horse I would least like to see in ryder. In fact he's head and shoulders above any other threat. If he doesn't run in Ryder who would be the strongest opposition for Winx?
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 7:53am
star - most improved horse in Australia
Keep serving up the overs please
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Manny G Manny G wrote:

star - most improved horse in Australia

100%
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:19pm
Gods Own was a brilliant 3yo before he ran into Makybe Diva.

I think Kemantari could have his confidence smashed by running into the freak mare. I think they should be avoiding her myself.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by mikey mikey wrote:

Gods Own was a brilliant 3yo before he ran into Makybe Diva.

I think Kemantari could have his confidence smashed by running into the freak mare. I think they should be avoiding her myself.

Running 3yos who can't stay in the Cox Plate is different to running them in a Ryder. I doubt facing MD had any effect on God's Own- he wasn't that good, before or after the Cox Plate.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:36am
Has been beaten before not unlike he is unbeaten. Getting beaten by lengths from the chanp won't make a difference.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:40am
Horses are not that smart- the old heart broken by getting clobbered theory is anthromorphism.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 10:51am
His last sectionals and performance would put him right in the Ryder.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:21am
I am one who subscribes to the broken heart theory. But I can't see a problem with running Kementari in the Ryder.

It is by far the best lead run into the Doncaster and is proven so. Perfect for 3yos. Racing To Win and Kermadec both did it in recent memory. He doesn't have to have a gut buster, they can just let him find his feet in his comfort zone as they've done all prep, then let him dash and run 2nd to the champ.

He has been well handled and looked after all prep, and done it easy each time. Now he's rock hard fit so no reason to think he gets the stuffing knocked out of him.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:27am
How long have you wanted to have Sex with KEMENTARI Sunline?
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:45am

I am one who subscribes to the broken heart theory. But I can't see a problem with running Kementari in the Ryder.

It is by far the best lead run into the Doncaster and is proven so. Perfect for 3yos. Racing To Win and Kermadec both did it in recent memory. He doesn't have to have a gut buster, they can just let him find his feet in his comfort zone as they've done all prep, then let him dash and run 2nd to the champ.

He has been well handled and looked after all prep, and done it easy each time. Now he's rock hard fit so no reason to think he gets the stuffing knocked out of him.
     " Breaking their heart " is a poetic way of putting it. I prefer " teaching them to lose". Asking a young horse still learning their craft to do the impossible is never a good idea.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 8:00am
He had plenty of time to learn how to lose last spring, when was beaten all 4 times he ran- must be a slow learner.Big smile
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

He had plenty of time to learn how to lose last spring, when was beaten all 4 times he ran- must be a slow learner.Big smile
Last campaign this colt didn't have the foggiest idea what he was supposed to be doing . He does now. When the jockey says go he's supposed to run past the other horses. Simple concept but a big difference in results once the penny drops. Ask Winx!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

" Breaking their heart " is a poetic way of putting it. I prefer " teaching them to lose". Asking a young horse still learning their craft to do the impossible is never a good idea.

He should know his craft by now.

reductio ad absurdum
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 9:03pm
Headed to the George Ryder. 

Kudos to Goldolphin for not being scared but he needs to improve by another 4 lengths. Upside is that this campaign we haven't seen the bottom of the well with him, so does have atleast another 4L improvement in him?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 9:21pm
Why 4l Nobody? If he runs the time and sectionals he did in the Guineas I reckon he's a middling chance of an upset - even though the 3YOs have yet to do anything at WFA from memory (Showtime in the Futurity, can't think of any others). Only getting 1kg from Winx is the problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>