Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kellstorm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kellstorm
    Posted: 19 Sep 2017 at 11:02pm
I think this horse has snuck well & truly under the radar!

A full brother to Order of St George, trained by Darren Weir. Has won his last three starts in Adelaide with ridiculous ease carrying decent weights.

Listed for the favourite for this Saturdays Colin Stephen Handicap in Sydney which I assume is to get him into The Metropolitan?

I have had a nibble at the $2500 available on Ubet for the Caulfield/Melbourne Cups double.

Not the most stupid bet in the world given he is weighted down at or near the minimum imho.
MorphettvilleMauler View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MorphettvilleMauler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 2:39pm
has run well on soft tracks in adelaide with decent weight. has been well placed.
Not running in Sydney, staying in Radelaide at Morphy Parks over 2400m - L.Riordan to ride
nominated for metropolitan and as you say caulfield/melb cups.
fine looking animal
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 5:06pm
$51 in the CC seems well over
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 5:10pm
Beating walkers in Adelaide is not really CC form IMO
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:59am
Ah, but the way he's doing it Shawy is what I like. Totally untouched
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 4:24pm
I was expecting to see him line up in Sydney this weekend in the Colin Stephen Quality. He was listed as favourite for that race earlier in the week. Instead I see he is lining up as an odds on favourite again in Adelaide. Still being kept safe in Metropolitan markets - does anyone know if they still intend sending him there? I would have thought Sydney this week would have been preferable for the quick back up?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 5:02pm
Was trainers decision apparently , thought the SA race suited more
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 3:46pm
Wins again
This space has been intentionally left blank
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 3:50pm
What was that?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 5:02pm
Darren Weir.
reductio ad absurdum
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 8:56pm
I didn't see it but the horse has had 5 starts on Good tracks in his career and failed each time.  2 from 4 on Soft tracks and 3 from 4 on Heavy tracks.  

Could explain it, maybe. 

Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:03pm
definitely needs it wet
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:12pm
Forgive run - Worst ride of the decade.

Don't want to bag the kid, but if it were a senior rider you would be going over the betting ledgers with a fine tooth comb ... horse had no hope, wide no cover, pushed forward, went back, took off again ... I was on the 3rd placed horse, so it was probably worse than I thought too!Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:05am
How in gods name do you go from being in the one one to 4 wide like he didLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:09am
the kid has never ridden a winner in town and I am fairly sure this was his first ride at Morphettville , bad error by the stable for putting someone inexperienced on.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 11:17am
The ride did not sound good but he is just a lad and will no doubt improve. 

According to R&S Liam had 55 wins from 546 rides before Saturday virtually all in Victoria. Saturday was his first engagement in South Australia. I don't know who he is apprenticed to but he has ridden 15 of his 40 winners for the Corstens.   He had ridden 2 winners from 41 rides for Weir before Saturday.  He started riding just last season. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

I didn't see it but the horse has had 5 starts on Good tracks in his career and failed each time.  2 from 4 on Soft tracks and 3 from 4 on Heavy tracks.  

Could explain it, maybe. 

I bet around him for that reason, the fact Vic seniors have a hard enough time against the locals, let alone a 3kgs kid who'd never ridden there,  long odds on he was always going to be watched closely & staying horses rarely keep winning streaks intact forever.
The stop/start tactics were awful to watch too which didn't help the kid or horse get into a rhythm.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 12:11pm
He is apprenticed to Leon & Troy Corstens, but recently has been working at the trials for Weir.
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 7:57am
Much improved run yesterday despite the leap in class. A full brother to Order of St George, I am stunned that Darren Weir hasn't given him more opportunity to qualify for the major Cups.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:23am
He is entered for the Melb Cup & did pass the first ballot clause yesterday. But that still only takes him to the mid-70's in the order of entry.

But he's been campaigning since May & not likely up to the class required for Spring Cups.

Would make a great Adelaide Cup prospect for 2018.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:33am
Off to the Lexus
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:02am
Weir put the last start failure down to jockey error.
Could either go to Geelong or the Lexus
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:19am
I had $20 on him @ $2501 for the CC/MC Double! Wanted him qualified for the CC :'(
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:35am
I'm on the CC as well
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by mikey mikey wrote:

I had $20 on him @ $2501 for the CC/MC Double! Wanted him qualified for the CC :'(

Good luck Mikey! But I think you took massive unders....there should be another digit on the end of your payout 😁

DK Weir did win the Melb Cup with a 100/1 shot in Prince of Penzance, so anything can happen.
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 2:39pm
He has completely done his dash for the CC though hasn't he? I think he is still rated down around 100 or something? Should have been set for more qualifying races, he was fav for The Metropolitan in the week leading up to that race - he would have been very competitive if they took that route.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 6:37pm
Looks like he is on the Puissance De Lune strategy.

Get him through his grades one spring, and have a good lash at the cups the next year.

The only thing with a preparation like that is he needs to race right through the next twelve months, no spell, just space his races accordingly, which if his next start is the Lexus would be reasonable.

The Queen Elizabeth would be the better option this spring however as he showed good form yesterday, if he is a wet tracker!

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 2:21am
He is down to the last 36 paid up for the Caulfield Cup. Any chance he might scrape in?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 6:44am
Top run yesterday but thought it was a poor ride. looks unlikely to get into the cup field.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 3:52pm
He'll win the Lexus the when the rain come the $200 on offer will be massive overs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>