Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Katelyn Mallyon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 2:48pm
I have had Encosta Delight blackbooked to be backed when a stronger jockey is employed, He is in my opinion a winner waiting to happen.

The trainer and owners are certainly patient.
reductio ad absurdum
Morgan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 2:50pm
She cant push them out as simple as that, if you bet on her rides your betting that the horse can win untouched. May as well have a manikin on the horse.
I hope that when I die, people say about me, "Boy, that guy sure owed me a lot of money."
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 2:54pm
Thats harsh Morgan, how about a bit of encouragemnt for a kid whos having a go, she'll only get stronger the more she rides, why try and shoot her down?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 2:58pm
I am all for encouragement but when you are putting your hard earned on you are entitled to be honest with yourself at least.

I think she has wonderful balance and a wonderful future, but this horse needs a slightly stronger jockey right at this moment.
reductio ad absurdum
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 3:05pm
I'm not saying she shouldn't get constructive critisism, but some encouragement also doesn't go astray. Shes a great kid and a lovely little rider and one thing this industry is pretty short on is track riders and country jock's.
what you're saying is probably right on the mark djebel.
Muppet Central View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muppet Central Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 3:05pm
runto - if she's riding in the professional races then she's going to have to put up with praise and criticism

plain and simple she's not very strong and although the horse hangs etc she still battles to punch them out hands and heels with any real strength at all

the horse seems a very consistent beast but you'd have to think its record would have been better with a stronger rider on board....
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Muppet Central Muppet Central wrote:

runto - if she's riding in the professional races then she's going to have to put up with praise and criticism

plain and simple she's not very strong and although the horse hangs etc she still battles to punch them out hands and heels with any real strength at all

the horse seems a very consistent beast but you'd have to think its record would have been better with a stronger rider on board....
how many winners have you rode today??
she has rode the horse 5 times for a win an two 2nds..for a jockey that can't ride them out she is having alot of luck then ain't she DeadConfusedConfused you  goose
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 3:08pm
Surely though it's the owner and trainers right to put her on if they wish to do so and as a punter it's your choice to back the horse with a 4 claimer on? Knowing that the strength of this rider is nowhere near that of a senior jock? You know the horse has a tendancy to lay when you put your hard earned on it......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muppet Central Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 3:14pm

thanks for your input Mowie....LOLWacko

runto - I agree 100% with your comments....
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 3:23pm
If her main issue is physical strength, then that seems the easiest one to fix. More work, time in the gym etc.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 3:28pm

does your pocket get a sore mouth?? you talk out of it so much ApproveNuke 

atleast runto has a clue Clap 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 3:34pm
Good trainer, good horse, good jockey = good bet.

Good trainer, good horse, average jockey = poor bet.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 4:13pm
  I  doubt if a stronger rider would have won on it  ,    she looked good on it to me ,   it looked to be doing its best and was comfortably beaten.     A  stronger rider carrying 4kg more ,not for me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muppet Central Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 6:37am
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

sorry Mowie I missed the email to everyone explaining that your opinion is always correct and that you in fact know everything, as for talking thru my pocket as if I'd back that horse yesterday with her on it....last thing I'd do....

but for your reference please accept my apologies for having something to say and it not being what you believe is correct

I'll keep this in mind for any future posts or any thoughts I have in life from here on in

muppet Dead
Morgan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 7:38am
Originally posted by runtowin runtowin wrote:

Thats harsh Morgan, how about a bit of encouragemnt for a kid whos having a go, she'll only get stronger the more she rides, why try and shoot her down?

Just saying it how it is, dont know why they are putting her on large strong horses cause she cant ride them.

I can only see her worth having aboard on horses that are a jump and run type of horse where she can use her claim to the full advantage and isnt needed to push them out as much.

Not saying she wont be a good rider in years to come but at the moment she isnt strong enough to ride the big lope horses she has been given to ride.
I hope that when I die, people say about me, "Boy, that guy sure owed me a lot of money."
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 8:52am

sorry Mowie I missed the email to everyone explaining that your opinion is always correct and that you in fact know everything, as for talking thru my pocket as if I'd back that horse yesterday with her on it....last thing I'd do....

but for your reference please accept my apologies for having something to say and it not being what you believe is correct

I'll keep this in mind for any future posts or any thoughts I have in life from here on in

muppet Dead
good to see Wink
i no the chick an she don't need clowns like you picking her ride apart when you seem to pot every jockey going around .. clown
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muppet Central Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 12:02pm

[
good to see Wink
i no the chick an she don't need clowns like you picking her ride apart when you seem to pot every jockey going around .. clown

now there's a suprise....you know her....obviously that wouldn't affect your honest assessment of her current ability nor strengths and weaknesses....it wouldnt would it....Star

mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 1:00pm

[
good to see Wink

now there's a suprise....you know her....obviously that wouldn't affect your honest assessment of her current ability nor strengths and weaknesses....it wouldnt would it....Star

nope..i see you said maluckyday would of won the cup with a better jockey..seems to me you have form on pottin jocks..just take it easy on a kid starting up Dead
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 1:09pm
Where are the "Knockers" now....Great tuff gutsy ride on Goodtimesbadtimes by Katelyn today!!!!
He's Not Heavy,It's My Brother
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muppet Central Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 1:13pm

rode that one very well, I'll be the first to put the hand up

good on her and she spoke very well after the race too

she seemed to pull the whip out and give the horse one when needed rather than just hands and heels which helped big time

to get a horse to win who hadnt in its previous 40 odd starts is a top job

well done KM
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 2:11pm
 what bad a ride!!! should of won by atleast 10L   Clown     

eat up muppet eat all your humble pie mr!!!!
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by crystal ball crystal ball wrote:

K.Mallyon probably should have done a season at the picnics and is probably 12 months away.

Jeepers, she'd have about 15kg of saddle at the pic's!  Katelyn's a good little rider, IMO, and I'd be happy to have her on the right horse.  As for those who criticise her strength in a finish, I think for her age and experience she's damn good in a finish.  She'll strengthen up.  She's got good balance, good rhythm, and a bit of courage.  Thumbs up from me.
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 1:41pm
Onya Katelyn 1st Leg of Quaddie In  Clap
He's Not Heavy,It's My Brother
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 4:02pm
Encosta Delight, an unplaced favourite, at Swan Hill, in a field of 8 with Matt Pumpa aboard.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 5:02pm
Yep, I went all out with him on board, Either the horse has had enough or is a very weak individual, He can not stay 975m.
reductio ad absurdum
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 11:22am
katelyn rode her 8th winner at Kerang yesterday, pretty good effort from her first 90 rides, puts her 10th in the apprentices premiership, pretty big acheivement in my opinion!!
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 3:43pm
Just won the last at Stoney Creek with a super ride! Yes I am unashamably a big fan!!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 3:14pm
Good win there in the last for the youngster.  Clap
reductio ad absurdum
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:52pm
Yep, winner at Burrumbeet Sat, followed up by a $14 winner in the last at Cranbourne!!!
Fine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 11:12am
Katelyn rode a double yesterday. She's going very well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>