Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kate Goodrich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by anabel anabel wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

A salient reminder that grog and ignorance are bad bedfellows. 

RV's response has been disgraceful. Then again they've been headless chooks for far too long.

A boat without a rudder in a lot of ways imo, they have lost me.

It just seems like a massive gravy train dominated by self interest and incompetence.

That seems about right.......what about accountability, who the hell are they accountable to? The Cobalt ballsup, the HD farce, the Aquanita joke, and poor Kate, who in all reality should take them through the courts, the courts where they don't have any protection......in today's day and age a persons livelihood and mental health should not be compromised, especially when a ruling in the plaintiffs favour has already been proved!
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:36am
why has she not gone to the courts?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Underground Underground wrote:

why has she not gone to the courts?

She has, but you must have some idea how long the court process takes...
to the victor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 11:55am
i have no idea, enlighten me. is there anywhere to read up on what has happened?
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:11pm
It's right under your nose Underground. Or try google.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:39pm
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:44am

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Kate Goodrich ‏@kategoodrich  8m

My response to support of @melfyfe article in Weekend; I am willing to comment.

http://www.smh.com.au/good-weekend/the-lone-ranger-terry-baileys-battle-to-clean-up-racing-20160201-gmiqmw.html  

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Sep 2018 at 12:40pm
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 12:52pm
I can't find any articles frm after 2017 nor on what is happening with her taking RV to court. I am genuinely curious and if anyone can help without the snark that would be appreciated 
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 6:45pm
While I empathise with what has happened to Kate, she doesn't do herself any good either. Harps on anything and everything to do with the stewards etc, and brings up what has happened ALL the time. Sure, she is entitled to be bitter towards it, but its not helping her mental state.
If she has it with the courts, she just needs to somehow move on with things and wait for that to come through, and remove the massive chip on her shoulder.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

While I empathise with what has happened to Kate, she doesn't do herself any good either. Harps on anything and everything to do with the stewards etc, and brings up what has happened ALL the time. Sure, she is entitled to be bitter towards it, but its not helping her mental state.
If she has it with the courts, she just needs to somehow move on with things and wait for that to come through, and remove the massive chip on her shoulder.

Why would you attack this lady? chip? she's scarred for life, the industry let her down, her trainers association should have stood shoulder to shoulder with Kate, Lawyers are more than expensive, her case is a no brainer, Bailey failed her, he did not do what he was employed to do, the interests of racing suffered, in some cases like Kate's, the effected persons self harmed, some fatally, and it was only at the Coroners court did the truth come out....the cruel truth, Kate God bless her did not and has not weakened to that extent, as she has a strong support base, but RVL and it's employees have shown that there should be a Royal Commission into VIC racing, only then will Kate and people like her receive justice and those responsible for malpractice be held accountable.
skippy123 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

While I empathise with what has happened to Kate, she doesn't do herself any good either. Harps on anything and everything to do with the stewards etc, and brings up what has happened ALL the time. Sure, she is entitled to be bitter towards it, but its not helping her mental state. <div abp="1410">If she has it with the courts, she just needs to somehow move on with things and wait for that to come through, and remove the massive chip on her shoulder.

Why would you attack this lady? chip? she's scarred for life, the industry let her down, her trainers association should have stood shoulder to shoulder with Kate, Lawyers are more than expensive, her case is a no brainer, Bailey failed her, he did not do what he was employed to do, the interests of racing suffered, in some cases like Kate's, the effected persons self harmed, some fatally, and it was only at the Coroners court did the truth come out....the cruel truth, Kate God bless her did not and has not weakened to that extent, as she has a strong support base, but RVL and it's employees have shown that there should be a Royal Commission into VIC racing, only then will Kate and people like her receive justice and those responsible for malpractice be held accountable.

Not often I agree with Bonjour but spot on
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 2:51pm

I was tending to agree to a certain extent with this until that little belt on the chin at the end.

On the one hand she is entitled to be bitter about and on the other she has a chip on her shoulder.

It was a reasonable argument up till that.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 11:16pm
What I meant by the chip is, she needs to remove it to be able to live again, and whilst for sure that wont be able to be 100% done without closure against them in the courts or whatever, but she needs to take her mind off it somehow and not sit there stewing about it, otherwise she will end up a very very sick person, and may be beyond help.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 6:35am
That's better.....agree in principle, however it's easy for us to say that, living through what Kate went through, until they at RVL are taken to task though, I fear Kate will have no closure.....she lost a lot of owners, and to grow your business you need positive publicity, not negative......the press also should have assisted Kate once they learnt of the ruling in her favour.....they. are sycophants not journos.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic