Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Karmichael Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Glossatorius Glossatorius wrote:

Is it just me or does this guy's name look like an obscenity every time you read it?

Absolutely Glossatorius...not unlike that other thread "Their Tentacles Are All Over Us" that has a habit of turning up !
Thought this needed revisiting !
Second in the 2017 TBV Dead Pool Competition
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm
Hmmm....I wonder if he will complete the circuit and come back to league before he retires.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Hmmm....I wonder if he will complete the circuit and come back to league before he retires.

I hope so Max . >>   he was good value our Harmichael
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 1:20pm
Charged again with drug possession after a night out in Brisbane's Fortitude Valley.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:15pm
http://ww.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-31/karmichael-hunt-devastated-stands-down-rugby-amid-drug-charge/9295394

Karmichael Hunt devastated as he stands down from rugby obligations amid drug charges

Posted 9 minutes ago

Wallabies star and Queensland Reds player Karmichael Hunt has stood down voluntarily from all contractual rugby obligations after being charged with drug possession in Brisbane.

Hunt was arrested in the city's Fortitude Valley early on Saturday morning after police allegedly caught the 31-year-old with what was believed to be cocaine.

His lawyer Adam Magill said Hunt was devastated and was "not in a good way emotionally".

He said the penny was starting to drop and Hunt was just coming to terms with the gravity of the situation.

Mr Magill said he could not give his client any advice as he had not yet seen a police summary of the facts.

In March 2015, Hunt was fined $2,500 after pleading guilty to four counts of cocaine possession and also fined $30,000 by rugby officials and suspended for six weeks.

Hunt was among seven Gold Coast Titans players charged over an alleged drugs ring uncovered by Queensland's Crime and Corruption Commission.

Hunt is required to appear in Brisbane's Magistrates Court on January 29.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:20pm
    Another victim of Government failings.        >   Harmichael is finished this time.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:30pm
Fortitude Valley again. Will he never learn?
It was in the Valley he was accused of some indiscretion in a toilet cubicle? But being a Broncos player the woman suddenly decided to not chase the case or was paid off by the club. The NRL accepted the Broncos investigation as I recall, which was another big mistake. iirc.

When a young player gets away with crime because of his worth as a player the future can only turn bad for him, in either code of the game. And it sends a very poor message to up and coming stars of the game. They should be hit harder than usual to send a clear message.

But the circus continues.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:31pm
karma michael! 
after tipping in all his cocaine mates on a bargain deal the dirtbag has just got what he fully deserves. Good riddance
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:33pm
In March 2015, Hunt was fined $2,500 after pleading guilty to four counts of cocaine possession and also fined $30,000 by rugby officials and suspended for six weeks.

6 weeks suspension?
32,500 in fines?

He was probably due for a holiday anyway and would have to be a millionaire a few times over by now.
Flogged with a feather.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:39pm
He is old enough to know better, now. That is the thing that strikes me about it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:46pm
Do you know any addicts max?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:56pm
Not as many as you, PT, probably. My point is he ought to have learnt to be better at avoiding detection, if indeed he is "good" for it, this time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:00pm
I have seen banter on the web that a very prominent rugby league player is a big cocaine user, not such a shock perhaps, if it were true, but would not fit well with his "clean" image.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Do you know any addicts max?

Very sad ...      Giving up smoking is hard enough so one has to feel for these victims.
When will we start knocking drugs on the head at the start.    One pill and your off the Streets at age 14 if necessary.
The big boys can't sell it if the customers face " time out " in a tough rehab in the early stages.

Think yr right Scamanda =    He's R.S now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:09pm
Most addicts I know are addicted to the "demon" drink. Some even brew their own, and avoid the poverty trap that is most addiction. I was talking to a bloke yesterday who has given up his pack-a-day smokes habit, can't afford it. Compared himself to another reformed smoker he knows, who has gone "cold turkey" with his $500 a week smokes addiction. The govt are the worst "dealer".
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:20pm

Most addicts I know are addicted to the "demon" drink. Some even brew their own, and avoid the poverty trap that is most addiction. I was talking to a bloke yesterday who has given up his pack-a-day smokes habit, can't afford it. Compared himself to another reformed smoker he knows, who has gone "cold turkey" with his $500 a week smokes addiction. The govt are the worst "dealer".

I've been 9 months on 24th.    Off the smokes and the urge never leaves .

( I loved a smoke ) especially with a beer or a coffee.

Very much overstated the war on Cigs but of course it's not good for anyone.        > Alcohol is the big one and F.A being done.
With the flood of grapes these days you can buy wine a lot cheaper than WATER ...    About $3 a bottle =   CRAZY.
What about the idiot full of legal opiates who killed a family over Xmas.On the road.   
Physeptone ( Methedone )Programme .     Paid for by the taxpayer and administered at Chemists usually .    Injecting Rooms ...   taxpayer funded.
    We need civil war like Iran has festering ATM.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:26pm

$500 a week is quite staggering but I suppose a chain smoker would be getting through a couple of packs a day and before you know it you’re at that kind of figure. I can not fathom spending $25k per year on cigarettes. Mind boggling. But then I have never had one in my life I suppose.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 2:46pm
Smoking addiction is generally easier to buck today, than yesteryear, you typically don't have people smoking around you in public, work or entertainment venues. I'm sure many only started, and could not stop, because of the proximity of others smoking. Very difficult if living in the same house as a smoker, and trying to quit. I doubt many are inspired to start drinking again from the "fumes" of another drinker, but the smoke is like the aroma of an appetising, but fattening meal, for someone trying to limit over-eating.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 3:13pm
A smoker that has really quit, however, is probably more repelled by the stink of a smoker, than someone who never smoked. I have noticed at the beach, that someone smoking 200 meters away, is easily detectable, if the wind direction is favourable. Even at that distance, annoying.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 3:33pm

A smoker that has really quit, however, is probably more repelled by the stink of a smoker, than someone who never smoked. I have noticed at the beach, that someone smoking 200 meters away, is easily detectable, if the wind direction is favourable. Even at that distance, annoying.

This is true. Both my mother and her sister were smokers when I was a child. Both have subsequently given up and regularly say exactly that. Can not stand the smell.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 3:48pm
Mum and dad both smokers Dad got lung cancer in 1989 and died a year later Mum gave up with him when diagnosed and never smoked again Years later she always she said she hated the smell of other people smoking because it made her crave a smoke,
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 3:51pm
My parents both smoked, can't believe the parties and gatherings in our house, well over 50 % were smoking ashtrays all over the place.

Both parents stopped in their 60's, father cold turkey, mother after a couple of attempts

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:54pm
Dad smoked all the time.  Mum suffered from passive smoking. 
Dad had lung cancer, and all the terrible stuff attached to it.  Blood clots,,,leg amputated,,,colonsotomy bag,,,
Mum suffered emphysemphia,,,, ( cant spell it  )  never smoked a day in her life. 

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 11:31pm
So many causes of lung problems ( COPD ) , smoking the accepted as main cause, however any irritant inhaled does the same damage .
Sprays like paint , inhaling irritants ie= sawdust , filings etc.
Living on busy traffic ways doesnn't help the breather either.

The Government hits the tobacco Industry very hard , and has had an effect.        . Seems odd they fail the Public with worse damage from alcohol and the illegal drug trade .

And Yes , AA your Mum would have spent so much time in a room , car etc . full of smoke that she paid a price too.

Smoking is now one of the biggest house hold costs for some families.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 11:37pm
The product may have affected Hunt's judgement, has way too much to lose by being caught in possession, these sporting codes are keen to promote themselves as "clean", and just as ready to cut adrift anyone that threatens that image, whether it is accurate or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic