Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Karmichael Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:01pm
apparently he was mobbed outside the court, plenty of mindless, hero worshiping , social media bogans around.

I wonder if JBE was there
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

He earns more in a year than most in a lifetime,he deserves to lose everything if convicted

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:15pm
slapped with a feather and no conviction...mind boggling really..
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:35pm
Wow. No wonder these players keep getting into trouble when they don't have to deal with consequences of their behaviour. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

slapped with a feather and no conviction...mind boggling really..

Send our Judicial System to Indonesia.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Sounds like a ripping bloke. Made plenty of cash, so buys expensive drugs for his mates. Wish I had a mate like that!!
Subby...I must pick you up on your inconsistent approach in this are. You always make light of drug use in the community ( this thread & the Huegill thread as examples)...you also argued against the new alcohol lockout laws suggesting they were not needed. Then you carry on a treat about how domestic violence is horrendous & going on unchecked. Do you not see that the amount of drug & alcohol use in the community might be a strong contributing factor ? Cake & eat it approach me thinks !
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 5:57pm
$2,500 fine and no conviction.
I have to wonder how much it cost for the Qld police to investigate and charge Hunt. And why they targeted him.

Cheaper to let the plick go. The courts are a disgrace.

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 6:12pm
He like all the footballers were picked up in an investigation into a drug distribution network They were mostly picked up on phone taps. None were targeted, they were just customers 
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 6:25pm
the customer is NOT always right ..
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Sounds like a ripping bloke. Made plenty of cash, so buys expensive drugs for his mates. Wish I had a mate like that!!
Subby...I must pick you up on your inconsistent approach in this are. You always make light of drug use in the community ( this thread & the Huegill thread as examples)...you also argued against the new alcohol lockout laws suggesting they were not needed. Then you carry on a treat about how domestic violence is horrendous & going on unchecked. Do you not see that the amount of drug & alcohol use in the community might be a strong contributing factor ? Cake & eat it approach me thinks !

Absolutely not. That is a cop out to blame alcohol or drugs for domestic violence issues. The issue is always with the person doing the abuse. It really is that simple. Drugs and booze just provide a convenient way out from taking responsibility for their actions. I drink and I have taken drugs, and I don't commit violent acts
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 6:29pm
Not in this case, it seems

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 6:51pm

As Batman told Robin, beware of strong stimulants. I might add, they dull the mind and take you further from the Lord. ( I mention this for fiddle's benefit)

Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 6:53pm
His texts to his supplier were none too subtle. If someone was tracking them it left no doubt what he was after
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:04pm

Absolutely not. That is a cop out to blame alcohol or drugs for domestic violence issues. The issue is always with the person doing the abuse. It really is that simple. Drugs and booze just provide a convenient way out from taking responsibility for their actions. I drink and I have taken drugs, and I don't commit violent acts
C'mon Subby...get fair dinkum. You seriously cannot be saying that drugs & alcohol are not a major pre-cursor to domestic violence. Forget about all that taking responsibility hogwash...less alcohol & drugs = less domestic violence...full stop. Yet here you are fanning both their use...dirty on anyone trying to limit their abuse. Obtuse to say the least. By the way the new alcohol laws (that you spoke against)are being touted as a howling success in decreasing violence...& hopefully to be expanded.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:10pm
Isnt that one of the problems with society? People forget about taking personal responsibility. 
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:10pm
Do some research Oneone, there is no research out there that connects alcohol and violence. There are numerous alcoholics that don't attack their partners and numerous non drinkers that do attack. Of course sometimes alcohol is present in the situation, but it isn't the reason for the violence. that is simply inaccurate.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/Controversies/1090863351.html#.VPgq5MIcSM8

There are hundreds of papers like this.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:12pm
Harmichael should have got 12 months. AND a candle lit vigil.
The queue of victims , choking on their methadone wouldn't see things in the same light as most of you lot.

Don't I love the dingbats our Politicians look as Indonesia tell the whole world what children we are.
Get as long as they can of free , worldwide media coverage belittling Australia's judicial System.     Postpone the Cracker night for another month.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:15pm

Do some research Oneone, there is no research out there that connects alcohol and violence. There are numerous alcoholics that don't attack their partners and numerous non drinkers that do attack. Of course sometimes alcohol is present in the situation, but it isn't the reason for the violence. that is simply inaccurate.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/Controversies/1090863351.html#.VPgq5MIcSM8

There are hundreds of papers like this.

That is a rubbish Post Sub.
Haven't you heard of acute brain syndrome , caused by alcohol abuse.
Women are abused regularly.
Men Suicide to get away from women regularly ,   so its TIT for Tat.   

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:17pm
"Do some research Oneone, there is no research out there that connects alcohol and violence"
Are you John Clark, or Brian Dawe, subby ? That is the bloody silliest thing I have read for years, anyone with half a brain knows that "blues" erupt when the hops have been flowing too freely, I have seen it innumerable times, but if the "study" says not, who am I to disagree ! Tongue
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:28pm
Oh dear, here we go. Those people have a natural disposition to violence, there can be numerous triggers to them turning violent. If its not booze, it might be from gambling, or any number of things. Blaming booze is wrong and isn't tackling the issue at all.
If alcohol was the cause, we would all be violent and that simply isn't the case.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:36pm
If people really think domestic violence is all about alcohol and drugs, then we really do have a long way to go in understanding a far more complex issue.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:38pm
Sub...   You should work in an emergency admission area in the Hospital System to change your mind real quick.
Especially in the period that some Dikhead decided the mad drunks were sick, so they took them to Hospital instead of the Police cells.
It was a free for all when closing time of Pubs came along .   Night after night.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:39pm
Oh I see Subby...so when you see a blue outside a pub at closing time....that had nothing to do with alcohol (or maybe drugs)....it would have happened anyhow. Are you really suggesting that ? And when a bloke comes home full of soup & bashes his missus that would also have happened if he was sober ? Mate on this one you really are off the planet
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:39pm
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Domestic_violence_why_men_abuse_women

If this link doesn't work, can someone please embed it.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:45pm
It is how the perpetrator sees himself and his rights that lead to the violence. If a man abuses his family and also tends to have difficulty in controlling his alcohol consumption, then he needs to recognise that he has 2 separate problems.

- bang on paragraph from that link.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:46pm
Alcohol, and some drugs, are disinhibitors, they cause people to react in ways tney would not when sober, if only because when sober they realise better what the consequences could be, for the "wrong" behaviour.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:48pm
Most of us know why many women are battered.
Between the Chemical intake and the promiscuous habits , increasing with " opportunity ",   more each generation . Bound to show in the stats.
No fault divorce was a gem when you look back.
Another brain wave of that parasite Whitlam.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:49pm

Oh I see Subby...so when you see a blue outside a pub at closing time....that had nothing to do with alcohol (or maybe drugs)....it would have happened anyhow. Are you really suggesting that ? And when a bloke comes home full of soup & bashes his missus that would also have happened if he was sober ? Mate on this one you really are off the planet

No, I am not. Your views are totally outdated on this. A guy that comes home and beats up his missus and you are blaming the booze??? You don't think there are much larger issues at play here? Anyone capable of beating up someone drunk is capable of doing it sober in another situation.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:51pm
Domestic violence is about coercive control. Alcohol and drug use appear to be co-morbidity issues, rather than driving factors.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 7:52pm

No, I am not. Your views are totally outdated on this. A guy that comes home and beats up his missus and you are blaming the booze??? You don't think there are much larger issues at play here? Anyone capable of beating up someone drunk is capable of doing it sober in another situation.
That is true, but the booze increases the likelihood of a blow-up (not one of macca's) happening. A million women who dreaded the old man coming home drunk can attest to that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic