Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Karmichael Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 11:38am
I blame the people blaming the blamers.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 12:06pm
Reports have said he was dealing and not using?
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by MichaelM MichaelM wrote:

Reports have said he was dealing and not using?

Hunt and two men and a woman were last night issued their notices to appear in court, with the CCC alleging they “arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 12:13pm
Yes; he is a naughty boy but so are half the sportsmen in Australia and the jockeys too.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 12:45pm
But never you, JB ??    You are always the golden haired boy ??Cry
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 1:17pm
What a waste
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

As if.

There are two types of people; those who have been caught and those who haven't.

Of those who haven't been caught; there are then two types of people - those who go "there but for the Grace of God go I" or those who are Self-Righteous Hypocrites.

I had a very very good sporting career when I was young. Could have made it to the top. Before I did my knee. I still know all those guys that I went through the system with at 16,17,18 and 19.

There are a lot of them now that think Charlie is just what you do on Saturday nights.

There are also a lot of people at the top end of town; your top executives; even your top cops who think it is nothing to have some recreational fun.

Even your housewives who get together on a Saturday night at kids parties pass round their little power of fun.

It is what it is!

That is your Australia!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by James Bond Esq James Bond Esq wrote:

It is the drug of choice for top sportsmen because unlike alcohol they can go out and get high and wind down and be okay to train again the next day.

How long does it take to get out of the system ?

Rugby? Sadly for some it's a lifetime affliction. That's where I'm a firm believer in harm minimisation. These poor people need support, not persecution.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:52pm
Sounds like a ripping bloke. Made plenty of cash, so buys expensive drugs for his mates. Wish I had a mate like that!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 3:56pm
He actually is a very genuine guy.

Just like Ccke.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 4:01pm

As if.

There are two types of people; those who have been caught and those who haven't.

Of those who haven't been caught; there are then two types of people - those who go "there but for the Grace of God go I" or those who are Self-Righteous Hypocrites.

I had a very very good sporting career when I was young. Could have made it to the top. Before I did my knee. I still know all those guys that I went through the system with at 16,17,18 and 19.

There are a lot of them now that think Charlie is just what you do on Saturday nights.

There are also a lot of people at the top end of town; your top executives; even your top cops who think it is nothing to have some recreational fun.

Even your housewives who get together on a Saturday night at kids parties pass round their little power of fun.

It is what it is!

That is your Australia!

LOL LOL LOL
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 4:07pm
Yeah, me too.  Was a very good sprinter in my day.  Bugga that knee tho !
animals before people.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:06pm
Karmichael Hunt. Isn't he one of the guys ( Sam Thaiday the other?) that got off the rape charge in the toilets at a nightclub when Bennett ran Qld rugby league?

Didn't learn did he?

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:09pm
Yes he is. They are reporting a heap more NRL and AFL players are facing cocaine charges from this same police operation
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

Yes he is. They are reporting a heap more NRL and AFL players are facing cocaine charges from this same police operation

Gee, I hope Jesinta has kept her man at home......
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:12pm
All Gold Coast players
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 7:53pm

• Queensland Reds player Karmichael Hunt. Picture: Peter Wallis

Queensland Reds player Karmichael Hunt. Picture: Peter Wallis

TWO Gold Coast Titans players have been charged alongside Queensland Reds Karmichael Hunt for supplying cocaine.

Both players, aged 24 and 27, were yesterday issued with a notice to appear in court on multiple drug charges.

The 24-year-old man from Burleigh Heads has been charged with seven counts of possessing a dangerous drug and two counts of supply dangerous drug, while the 27-year-old Mermaid Waters man has been charged with four counts of supplying a dangerous drug.

A 22-year-old woman has also been charged with two counts of supplying a dangerous drug.

They are all due to appear in Southport Magistrates Court on March 5.

The Titans are currently in Cairns preparing for a pre-season trial match against the Cowboys tomorrow night.

It was announced earlier today that sports star Karmichael Hunt had been charged for supplying cocaine, after a sting involving the state’s Crime and Corruption Commission.

The Queensland Reds fullback and vice-captain, 28, met with detectives last night where he was issued a notice to appear in court over four counts of supplying the drug.

Hunt’s charges follows that of former rugby league stars Jason Smith and Matt Seers who police and CCC allege were part of a multimillion-dollar cocaine cartel.

The CCC this morning released a statement that said the charges stemmed from an investigation into a cocaine trafficking syndicate in southeast Queensland.

Hunt, the Titans players and female were last night issued notices to appear in court, with the CCC alleging he and the co-accused “arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between June and December last year”.

Hunt has been listed in the start up side against the Western Force at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow.

Highly-decorated and known for his successful “code-hopping”, he previously played for AFL team Gold Coast Suns and rugby league team Brisbane Broncos.

He won the Dally M Rookie of the year for the Broncos in 2004, later playing in the Queensland and Australian league teams.

Smith, also a former Queensland and Australian league representative, was charged with trafficking cocaine in Toowoomba between June and December last year after the six-month CCC investigation.

Seers, who played league for NSW, is also charged with trafficking and supplying the drug on the Gold Coast and Toowoomba last year and has been banned from contacting Smith.

Two years ago Hunt said the AFL and NRL’s drug testing policies were similar and thorough.

“Mate, they are pretty much the same,” he said at the time.

“All I know is I get tested a lot and always have. Ever since my second year in league, I couldn’t count how many times I’ve had to do it.”

Hunt is due to appear in the Southport Magistrates Court on March 5.

From the Gold Coat Bulletin

parisaffair View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parisaffair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 8:06pm
    Hunt, along with Gold Coast NRL players Beau Falloon and Jamie Dowling, have all been charged and will appear in a Gold Coast court next month following a six-month operation by Queensland's Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC).
    harness racing...a bit of action after dark
    cabosanlucas View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 9:32pm
    Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

the names im hearing are big. with one in particular.

if true of course
    BlackKnight View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 6:03pm
    According to the Fairfax press, Greg Bird and Dave Taylor have now been served with notices to appear, along with Khalifa Faifai Loa. The Titans won't have a team to put out on the field at this rate.
    3blindmice View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 6:10pm

As if.

It is what it is!

That is your Australia!

All of them complicit in the whole drug scene, although invariably they'd argue that they were "different" from the despised drug suppliers and mules. Hypocrisy much?
    LR80 View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 10:18pm
    Greg Bird. How many lives has this cat used up?
    maccamax View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 9:02am
    YES,    Sporting groups have a drug problem but what causes you most worry.
    That it is endemic right across society or it may lead to "fixed" sporting matches   OR that one of the estimated 10 per cent of truck drivers "using", will clean up , all or some of your loved ones.
       Or that a massive number of affected people are responsible for most crimes.
    Or that your Doctor or Nurse may be high when your having brain surgery.
    Or that Your taxes are paying for most of these drugs by way of Welfare.
       It's a worry , I need a smoke and a few Vodkas to settle me down.
    TIGER View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 10:52am
    He earns more in a year than most in a lifetime,he deserves to lose everything if convicted
    Hidden In Hollywood
    max manewer View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 10:56am
    His name causes broadcasters and commentators to be careful saying it. I think Ray Warren got caught.
    Headmaster View Drop Down
    Yearling
    Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 2:32pm
    $2500 fine and no conviction after pleading guilty to poccession. Soft sentence because of Bali 9 execution?
    max manewer View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 2:41pm
    Lucky Hunt !
    Browndog View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 4:01pm
    Fined $2,500 and no conviction recorded after pleading guilty
    Browndog View Drop Down
    Moderator Group
    Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 4:49pm
    6 week suspension and $30k fine from the ARU & QRU

Keeps his contract
    maccamax View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 4:55pm
    Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Lucky Hunt !

Yes Mr Manewer ,    Our Harmichael was Lucky
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
      Share Topic