Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Karmichael Hunt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

But you are a gambler yourself one-one. How close you you consider yourself to the mother who locks her kids in the car to play the pokies? What do you consider the essential difference to be?

self-control and common sense...

Perhaps. But that's easier said than done and surely applies to alcohol and drugs as well. I've indulged in quite a few vices in my time. Maybe I've been lucky, but none of them have ever got a hold of me. I'd like to think I was smarter than those who succumbed but I'd be kidding myself.

There are people with biological predelictions to certain things, there are people who stumble across the wrong thing at the wrong time, and there are people who never had a chance from the start. Vice has always been with us and always will. 

But what I think a thread like this highlights is that people judge things through the prism of what they like or don't like. Railing against one whilst simultaneously indulging in another. I like gambling, and I can control it....bollocks to that.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

WTF are you drinking macca..that's about the 5th stupid joke you've posted tonight...

It was a true reflection of what has been put forward as enough to be termed .. Domestic Violence.    No joke.

I find you the most stupid joke on here.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

i dont think i missed the point at all.
pokie players  are a breed apart .  
no one who plays pokies goes for a happy half hour.
they go to hammer them , and hammer them, until they spend every last cent they have.
and who cares where the kids are ??

well, I often go for a social half-hour...so does my mum and my sister...

know a lot of others at the local club who play bingo in the morning, have a quick play on the pokies....then go home... they pay their bills and just have an outing at the club...

yes, there are hardened players who put their whole paypacket in...but there are a lot of lonely people who just go for the social outing...especially the older brigade...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

WTF are you drinking macca..that's about the 5th stupid joke you've posted tonight...

It was a true reflection of what has been put forward as enough to be termed .. Domestic Violence.    No joke.

macca he is not on here anymore Shocked
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 9:40pm

ditto..

Clap
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

macca he is not on here anymore Shocked

consider yourself lucky not to be in Surfers with him...

Ouch
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 9:43pm
that's not nice jujuno Shocked
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:43pm
Anyone following the Nick Stevens (ex AFL player) domestic violence case against his ex girlfriend? Just disgraceful......and nothing to do with any booze or drugs....just control....
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Anyone following the Nick Stevens (ex AFL player) domestic violence case against his ex girlfriend? Just disgraceful......and nothing to do with any booze or drugs....just control....
yes..& very likely to be exaggerated after a night on the turps !
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:50pm

sub doing a hatch, using one example to prove a general point.

come on, you are much smarter than that
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:55pm
Pretty fair to say all relationships...not only marital..have some level of "control". So the term "control" in itself is not the issue...its the type & amount    
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

sub doing a hatch, using one example to prove a general point.

come on, you are much smarter than that

No, I am not......
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:10pm
I think Karmichael Hunt is getting a lot more than he deserves...14 bloody pages
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:16pm
He's Special K !
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

He's Special K !

A lucky one too.
Rugby League has a lot to lose if they get this wrong.
THOUSANDS of kids will be steered away if the NRL don't wipe this lot OUT.
Bird is a great player but A NO GOOD.
He has to go. LIfe.

Watch the crowds dwindle .

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:30pm

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

He's Special K !

A lucky one too.
Rugby League has a lot to lose if they get this wrong.
THOUSANDS of kids will be steered away if the NRL don't wipe this lot OUT.
Bird is a great player but A NO GOOD.
He has to go. LIfe.

Watch the crowds dwindle .
Agree Macca...bad smell about it !
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 9:42pm
Crowds??? Arent we talking rugby league??? The sport where 10000 is considered a good crowd??
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 10:23pm

Crowds??? Arent we talking rugby league??? The sport where 10000 is considered a good crowd??

Maybe because it is full of drug trafficking criminals who send the kids to Soccer or needle work.
The Ozzie rules is home to a few " sniffers " too.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 9:24am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Pretty fair to say all relationships...not only marital..have some level of "control". So the term "control" in itself is not the issue...its the type & amount    

Thumbs Up  those clever enough know you can control anyone ( spouse, kids, dogs, whatever ),  in a nice non violent way if you just use your brain a bit.
control isnt always bad.  its just what type is used, and how its applied, thats the problem.
animals before people.
Glossatorius View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glossatorius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 9:23pm
Is it just me or does this guy's name look like an obscenity every time you read it?

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Glossatorius Glossatorius wrote:

Is it just me or does this guy's name look like an obscenity every time you read it?

Absolutely Glossatorius...not unlike that other thread "Their Tentacles Are All Over Us" that has a habit of turning up !
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 6:46pm
^bawstuds
parisaffair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parisaffair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 7:13pm
his younger brother is Mike
harness racing...a bit of action after dark
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by parisaffair parisaffair wrote:

his younger brother is Mike

BaaawhaaawLOLCryClapLOL
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 8:28pm
Oh , and  , who calls a kid Karmichael ???
He was doomed from the start with a name like that .
His parents should be hauled over the coals for dropping a name like that on a liddle kid.

animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 8:32pm

His parents should be hauled over the coals for dropping a name like that on a liddle kid.

Doesn't the manager or someone high up in the QRU have the same name ?

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 8:38pm

what would you have named him then...??

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 9:04pm
Dumb Arse ???
animals before people.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 9:12pm
lucky you never had kids then isn't it...deary me.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 9:15pm
Yeah, very lucky I was not pressured into having kids to please my family . Or having one by mistake.
I chose not to have kids.   
Obviously you stuffed up and one came along.

animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic