Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

John Allen Gone Missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Allen Gone Missing
    Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
Does Australia have an extradition treaty with Ireland?

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Feb 2019 at 9:29am
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 8:09pm
Did Johnny run away?
to the victor
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:02pm
?????

reductio ad absurdum

Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 10:39pm
LOLShocked
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:49am
LOLThumbs Up
animals before people.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:11am
Didn’t he get suspended for careless riding a few weeks ago? Not sure when suspension ends?

Will be interesting if he continues to get metropolitan flat rides into the future after DKW’s demise.

Jumps season kicks of mid-March, so I’m sure he’ll still get plenty of rides there.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:18am
Windmill cancer survivor.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:21am
Windmill cancer survivor.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:28am

'Nothing to worry about': Allen defends Mackinnon ride

By Adam Pengilly
John Allen vehemently denies changing his riding action during Trap For Fools' controversial Mackinnon Stakes win and will welcome any questions from stewards about the race, claiming he has "nothing to answer for".

The former Irish jumps jockey expressed "shock" at the raids on the stables of his biggest supporter Darren Weir and a subsequent four-year disqualification for the trainer after three jiggers were found in the master bedroom of his Ballarat property.

There has been no suggestion Weir used the electronic shock apparatuses on any horses, but the police and stewards probes are ongoing.

Social media users have engaged in baseless speculation that Allen might have made contact with the the neck of Trap For Fools, trained by Weir's Warrnambool-based assistant Jarrod McLean, during the Mackinnon Stakes.

McLean is facing his own charge of possessing a jigger on his Yangery property, but will fight the allegation stressing the implement was kept to move cattle on his property.

Asked about his ride on Trap For Fools in the Mackinnon Stakes, Allen told the Herald: "I've heard the rumours, but unfortunately that's just the way I ride. I don't think I changed my style particularly. I think they're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I've got nothing to worry about. They can ask me questions, but I don't believe I've got anything to answer for

John Allen

"I've got nothing to worry about. They  can ask me questions, but I don't believe I've got anything to answer for."

Trap For Fools staved off all challengers in the $2 million race, leading from start to finish to cap a remarkable Melbourne Cup carnival for Allen. He also won the Victoria Derby on the Weir-trained Extra Brut.

Racing Victoria refuse to confirm if they are looking into any races involving Weir or McLean horses from the spring carnival or prior to that, but the Herald revealed last week that the Grand National Hurdle was of high interest to investigators.

The well-backed McLean-trained Cougar Express downed the two favourites, which included a drifting Weir runner ridden by Allen. Stewards questioned the tactics Allen used in the race after the event.

Allen has enjoyed a stunning rise thanks to his union with Weir, who has previously lavished praise on the jockey as "one of the best horsemen" he has known. Allen has racked up four group 1 wins since reducing his weight to ride as a professional flat jockey.

But he faces his biggest challenge to continue his career without Weir's backing, with horses trained by the five-time Melbourne premiership winner and ridden by Allen amassing almost $5 million in prizemoney this season.

Allen has already had 360 rides for Weir in 2018-19. Dan O'Sullivan has been Allen's next biggest supporter with just seven mounts.

"I obviously rode a lot for Darren, but I'll just have to get myself out there a bit more," said Allen, who will miss Saturday's Orr Stakes meeting and return from a careless riding suspension next week.

"I've got good connections with owners through my association with Darren, and I'm hoping they stick by me. I probably just have to get myself around a bit more and keep working hard."

Trap For Fools will have his first start since finishing midfield in Perth's Kingston Town Classic when he contests the Carlyon Cup at Caulfield.

The horse was a lightning rod for controversy during the spring carnival. He was withdrawn from the group 3 Coongy Cup on Caulfield Cup day over concerns as to where the gelding had been stabled in the lead-up to the race.

He was then excluded from the Cox Plate by the Moonee Valley Racing Club committee on the basis that his form wasn't worthy of a spot in the elite field. He then ran second in the Moonee Valley  Cup before winning the Mackinnon Stakes on the final day of the  Flemington carnival.

Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:08am
No wonder they make Irish jokes .. poor count is delusional
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:10am
He is suspended. Nothing more, nothing less.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:04am
Back riding tomorrow, now working for Maher

Will ride Ringerdingding for Waller on Sat
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
Welcome back to the winners stall Johnny
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 3:59pm
Allen will surely miss the Weir support .   Good Rider.

A Boo Boo, The MV club balloting Trap For Fools out of the Cox Plate .
The Horse had set a very fast pace in the Turnbull to Winx and beaten less than 2 L.
He has a Win % of almost 40% and would have assured a truly run race .

Could have Saved Waller using D'Argento as pacemaker.

He has made their decision look ordinary since.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic