Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Jason Maskiell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 9:21pm
I think riding is what you were looking for.  
Overdue View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overdue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 9:25pm
Was corrected above your post Michael m
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 9:33pm
No you corrected yourself with the incorrect spelling, but anyway I was only mucking around.
Overdue View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Overdue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 9:40pm
On iPad,it's a crap
Racingfan111 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racingfan111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 9:56am
Regardless of the results of Jason's sample or subsequent inquiry I believe it is worth noting that Jason is one of the best blokes I have ever met or had the privilege to ride against.
I also don't believe it is fair that people who sit behind keyboards on racing forums are entitled to sledge any young man or woman, regardless of ability or fame, especially when it's relating to something as personal as Jason's long and documented battle with drugs and alcohol.

With a heart of gold and all the ability in the world as a rider, I believe Jason will overcome any penalties imposed by RVL stewards and should not concern himself with bottom feeders who aren't brave enough to come out and speak their opinions publicly - or even sign their names to a post.

Jason should not be judged or written off for a few stupid decisions he has made, but rather on his traits as a person and accomplishments as a rider.

As a fellow jockey I wish nothing but the best, and good luck to Maskiell.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Racingfan111 Racingfan111 wrote:

Regardless of the results of Jason's sample or subsequent inquiry I believe it is worth noting that Jason is one of the best blokes I have ever met or had the privilege to ride against.
I also don't believe it is fair that people who sit behind keyboards on racing forums are entitled to sledge any young man or woman, regardless of ability or fame, especially when it's relating to something as personal as Jason's long and documented battle with drugs and alcohol.

With a heart of gold and all the ability in the world as a rider, I believe Jason will overcome any penalties imposed by RVL stewards and should not concern himself with bottom feeders who aren't brave enough to come out and speak their opinions publicly - or even sign their names to a post.

Jason should not be judged or written off for a few stupid decisions he has made, but rather on his traits as a person and accomplishments as a rider.

Lovely sentiment but if he cannot learn by his mistakes then he shouldn't be trying to circumvent the system.I feel sorry for the lad but he cant keep flaunting the rules . As far as the keyboard warrior aspect please this is a forum for discussion. I don't see a jockey riding with the name Racingfan111 so please ease up on the hypocrisy
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 2:36pm

Gotta love the hypocrisy in this post.

I also think most people are judging him on his personal traits.

I think we all hope this has a happy ending, but we all fear for the worst, especially when we take into consideration the guys history and the circumstances he know finds himself him.

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 2:37pm
now
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 3:01pm

Would you be saying the same if he turned up to the track on raceday off his face and causes an accident midrace which costs him his life or worse somebody elses.....not to mention the welfare of the horses.

If he can't get off the persian rugs he has no place as a professional jockey....has had plenty of chances to get himself right. More opportunities than any regular joe in the street will ever get in life.

Keep giving him free passes because he is a nice bloke???? yeh that's the way to go about it lol.

Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by marscay marscay wrote:

If he can't get off the persian rugs

OMG that is GOLD!!LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racingfan111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 3:36pm
Completely missed the context, but don't worry I take full responsibility for that.. It's 100% my fault for trying to reason with a bunch of arm chair jockeys with nothing better to do but sledge real hard working hoops at 3.30 on a Tuesday afternoon.
My bad.
pinkie View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:07pm

So how many stupid decisions his he allowed to make before he is written off???
chinaguy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinaguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:20pm
He has had so many chances, with so many good racing people trying to help him,nothing will work until HE decides to help himself.. if he ever does.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:28pm

Completely missed the context, but don't worry I take full responsibility for that.. It's 100% my fault for trying to reason with a bunch of arm chair jockeys with nothing better to do but sledge real hard working hoops at 3.30 on a Tuesday afternoon.
My bad.

Dummy spit

Overdue View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overdue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 5:30pm
The bloke is a dill,who cares
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 3:36pm

Jockey Jason Maskiell to front Racing Victoria Stewards inquiry

Racing Victoria Stewards today received confirmation from Racing Analytical Services Ltd (RASL) regarding the urine sample provided by licensed jockey Jason Maskiell at Kyneton races on 06 November, 2013.

RASL reported a banned substance under AR81B was detected in the sample.

Jason Maskiell has been advised of RASL findings and will attend a steward’s inquiry into the reported sample and circumstances surrounding the collection of such sample at Racing Victoria on Friday 29 November, 2013 at 2:00pm.

No further comment will be made regarding this matter until after Friday’s hearing. 

Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 3:43pm

My bad.

stating facts isn't sledging lol
Overdue View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Overdue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 10:48pm

Jockey Jason Maskiell has previously admitted to have been battling a drug addiction. Source: News Limited
TROUBLED jockey Jason Maskiell has again returned a positive drug test.

Maskiell, who has admitted to battling an addiction to "ice'' and alcohol, returned a positive urine test to an unnamed substance and must front a Racing Victoria stewards inquiry on Friday.

Under new protocols, Racing Victoria is unable to name the banned substance until Friday's hearing,

Maskiell's positive test stems from a sample taken at the Kyneton races on November 6, the day after the Melbourne Cup.

The Herald Sun believes Maskiell had been tested on 20 previous occasions - and had always passed - since his return from a six-month drug suspension in early 2012.

It is possible Maskiell faces a 12-month ban if unable to provide stewards with a satisfactory explanation for his most recent positive test.

Maskiell, 22, rode 52 winners when he arrived in Melbourne from Tasmania in 2009-10, winning the Victorian apprenticeship title and finishing equal second in the senior premiership.

The following season things went awry when he split with trainer Robert Smerdon and then Mick Price as he battled alcohol problems.

At the time of his comeback Maskiell revealed his determination to beat his addictions but warned addicts always struggled to conquer them.
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 10:54am

My bad.

Ohhhhhhh cry me a river.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racingfan111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 11:11am
There's no tears, just a sympathetic heart.
Understand the pressures and hardships jockeys go though and you'd realise that it's not the highlife that is portrayed by media. Even the best feel depressed and alone at the best of times, and some times a weakness pulls them towards a chemical high that is known to them.
Ever been addicted to anything? - try battling it with pressures from trainers, owners, punters, family and other racing employees with the added kicker of depression and a lot of free time.

Jason isn't the only jockey to fall foul of these rules and he won't be the last.
Some do it because they are kiss heads that love a bong, others do it for personal reasons.
I'm not saying Jason deserves chances, because truth be told - he probably doesn't. But he doesn't deserve to be looked down on from keyboard warriors.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 12:52pm
Looked down upon ? he chose the industry the industry didn't choose him. It is a industry that the public thrive on so don't come here with the sanctimony.
As a friend you, along with other friends and family need to get around him because if he just does it for personal reasons as you suggest then he will be needing a lot of support as he sits out his suspension
Davey View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 12:55pm
Does anyone know what the actual drug was this latest time ?
Eachway
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 1:07pm
Kid has it on a platter and chooses to blow it all on drugs. Meh.....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racingfan111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

he chose the industry the industry didn't choose him. It is a industry that the public thrive on so don't come here with the sanctimony.

Do you actually believe that?
Being from a racing family and knowing nothing else it's very difficult to drive the point that he can or could walk away from racing and move into something else. It's never that easy for jockeys, considering that there is no support for jockeys once racing has forgotten about them or if there is then its surly not advertised.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 1:33pm
Agree 100% that Jockeys that leave have little support but what industry does support past participants ? You read often Afl players battling post career depressions.

Acknowledge the racing family aspect but a lot of people with family in the industry do not pursue a job within it. People have choices and he has made his and now his choices are going to impact his livelihood.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racingfan111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:02pm
You leave me little choice but to assume that you get what ever facts you are basing what ever your argument is from the same place as the ban jumps racing folk.
This is exactly why punters should stick to doing their form and losing their money. Stop thinking your assumptions on the doings behind closed doors is right and that you have the right to speculate and voice your opinions.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:07pm

You leave me little choice but to assume that you get what ever facts you are basing what ever your argument is from the same place as the ban jumps racing folk.
This is exactly why punters should stick to doing their form and losing their money. Stop thinking your assumptions on the doings behind closed doors is right and that you have the right to speculate and voice your opinions.

Get off your high horse.

This is a public forum where opinions are discussed.

Maskiell has made his choices. He went to the races with drugs in his system, he was a danger to himself and everyone around him, stop sticking up for him, he deserves the book to be thrown at him.

I hear St Kilda are looking for midgets for their end of season trip in 2014, let Jason know, he might get a gig away from racing yet.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:12pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Racingfan111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:19pm
I'd rather ride against Jason on drugs then many of the apprentices that hold licences at the moment, so your argument that he was a danger is invalid.

No one has ever said that if reports are true that he doesn't deserve 12 months, so your argument there is also invalid.

As for your comment regarding St Kilda, one could consider that to be trolling. Which I'm of the belief is against forum rules.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 2:30pm

Assume what you want little man , another dose of small man syndrome by the sound of it . Maskiell has been given a chance he has screwed up (he has returned a positive ...FACT ) so that my learned friend is not an assumption /not behind closed doors doings as you put . It is in the public arena . The concern for other jockeys is that you sound complicent with his actions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>