Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Jarryd Hayne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Kong Kong wrote:

if he has learn't to stop taking dives he will be a great player. 
This from the great Kong 7 years ago....good one Kong ! ConfusedConfused
Refer ALP Election Promises
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:45am
has he denied returning to the minto cobras?
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

Don't be surprised to see souths give Inglis the release to the broncos he has been chasing for 2 years  if they can secure Hayne. Inglis has been a burden to them since his outstanding season in 2014 leading up to the GF. Only gets up for the big games these days and Hayne is a better player than him in terms of the future.

Broncos couldn't afford him now...and if they did can you imagine the uproar haha. Odds on to end up at the Roosters

Broncos have no players on big money at the club (I am talking 650k +) Gillett will go, Parker only has another season in him (he is the highest paid broncs player) Thaiday will also go after this contract, Jack Reed is also being shopped around due to clashes with bennet. With just those 4 that leaves about 2.5mill a season for retention and new signings over the next 2-3 years.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 1:59pm
Roosters pulling out of race by reports..worried about his attitude etc
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 2:10pm
I think they are better long term to stick with Mitchell at fullback Just get his defence in order and with another year under his belt he could be anything
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 2:12pm
I reckon you'll find Milford is the highest paid Bronco, Boyd would be up there also, I highly doubt a guy who is a loyal Broncos servant playing a position and a role that both have a reasonable depth in this competition and has cheerfully admitted to knocking back bigger offers elsewhere to stay would be the top paid, he'd still be on a good contract no doubt, I'd guess top 5 at the club but fact is the guys who get paid big are either spine players or topline players who switch clubs not 1 club workhorse forwards.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 2:22pm
He'll be playing French Rugby with the rest of the mercenaries.

Such a flog. I was right behind him in his pursuit to make a fist of the NFL gig. He definitely has all of the tools, but there's just nothing upstairs & not enough fortitude.

He's got a scorched earth mentality to whatever he does. 
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I reckon you'll find Milford is the highest paid Bronco, Boyd would be up there also, I highly doubt a guy who is a loyal Broncos servant playing a position and a role that both have a reasonable depth in this competition and has cheerfully admitted to knocking back bigger offers elsewhere to stay would be the top paid, he'd still be on a good contract no doubt, I'd guess top 5 at the club but fact is the guys who get paid big are either spine players or topline players who switch clubs not 1 club workhorse forwards.

You would be incorrect, Boyd took a pay cut to go to Brisbane, Milford is on 600k a year, Hunt around 550, Parker more than both, Thaiday is between 400-450. Parker could pretty much name his price last contract discussions was his status at the club.

Pauk Gallen is the highest paid Shark, Burgess is the highest paid Rabbitoh, James Graham is one of the highest paid Bulldogs, Matt Scott is the 3rd highest paid cowboy, Tamoulolo is 2nd behind JT.

Plenty of forwards are the top 2-3 in the club.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 3:21pm
hindmarsh has questioned his attitude both when he was his captain and then commentator. telling?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 6:39pm
I'm interested how you think this is the case DD? Media talk has never mentioned Parker being the highest paid Bronco, pretty much everytime salaries are talked about Milford is touted as the highest paid Bronco. I'm sure the guys in the media are not just making guesses.
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

hindmarsh has questioned his attitude both when he was his captain and then commentator. telling?
All it says is Hindy is a bit jealous because despite his great deeds he had to work his arse off for it and Jarryd find things a bit more natural. Hayne attitude may not be the best but it is has worked. 
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

He'll be playing French Rugby with the rest of the mercenaries.

Such a flog. I was right behind him in his pursuit to make a fist of the NFL gig. He definitely has all of the tools, but there's just nothing upstairs & not enough fortitude.

He's got a scorched earth mentality to whatever he does. 

Yep I reckon the union route as well.

Either Super Rugby or a cushy position in French or Japanese Rugby. He'll pick up more money than going back to the slog of NRL. 

About him being a flog, I wouldn't begrudge an athlete trying to maximise their revenue from what is a very short career compared to real life jobs.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Scott Scott wrote:

All it says is Hindy is a bit jealous because despite his great deeds he had to work his arse off for it and Jarryd find things a bit more natural. Hayne attitude may not be the best but it is has worked. 

The goss I've heard was that Hindy has always held a grudge towards Hayne and a few other christian blokes in the side that tried to get him to attend hillsong to address his gambling addiction.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 8:07pm
Roosters could be playing games..I see they dropped Hastings, could they be thinking Hayne 5/8 so they can keep Latrell Mitchell fullback... In saying that Matterson who is coming in for Hastings has a massive boom on him
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 9:17am
Originally posted by LR80 LR80 wrote:

Originally posted by Scott Scott wrote:

The goss I've heard was that Hindy has always held a grudge towards Hayne and a few other christian blokes in the side that tried to get him to attend hillsong to address his gambling addiction.

Or maybe it was because he went whole seasons not putting in the effort that Hindmarsh put in every game.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 12:27pm
Hayne loves the attention and he wasn't getting that at the 49s
EAD
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Hayne loves the attention and he wasn't getting that at the 49s

That's why I don't think he will end up in some obscure Union comp
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 2:45pm

Why my journey with the Jarryd Hayne dream team is over

Malcolm Knox 
Published: May 20, 2016 - 7:00PM

Guess I'd better find another dream. My dream was that Jarryd Hayne was to be taken at face value.

My dream was that his dream of playing NFL was a sports play rather than a marketing play. So, ignoring a certain rumbling in the guts, I believed in Hayne's adventure.

I believed him when he responded, on November 21, to the question of whether he was going to quit the NFL: "If I was going to go back, I wouldn't even come. It's a stupid question… It's foolish, and only fools would believe that… With everything that I've done, I'm not even sure why it's still a question. It's stupid for people to actually believe it."

I wouldn't be a fool. I wouldn't be one of the stupid people.

I kept believing when Hayne's manager Wayne Beavis said: "There's no chance of him coming back, none at all. He is 100 per cent committed to what he is doing over there."

To back himself up, Hayne went on the offensive.

December 18: "I know I've just got to be patient.…. If I've come this far in seven months, give me 12 or 14 and it's going to be completely different."

And a lot of God stuff in there too. Be still, my rumbling stomach.

February 8: "It's funny when you see media outlets say I'm doing this and I'm doing that. It's even funnier when you see Parra fans go online and have a go at me. If you believe that you're a clown."

I would not be a clown. I would not be 'media outlets'. And what would Parra fans know about being deceived? I kept on dreaming.

March 18: "I'm so focused on Plan A, I don't got time for Plan B."

April 13: "That's the media back home. They make stories up. I'm accustomed to that, I know how they operate. But for me, I knew what I was doing, I knew where I was going."

Bloody media. I believed Jarryd. I knew where he was going, too. He had the strong backing of San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke, who said of Hayne on January 31: "I don't have a crystal ball, but what I do know is that he is very conscientious and [playing in the NFL] is very important to him. We are committed to this. I'm looking forward to getting him back here, I know the coaching staff is."

Now? Now? You could say you feel like taking a shower. You could say you feel like a rube. You might feel a strong fellowship for all the fellow rubes who flocked to social media to support Hayne's dream, to say that they believed he had a future in the NFL, to ride on the Hayne Plane, to draw all the positives from his first season and look forward to his development.

American football is a complicated game. You need years of experience. Truly, if Hayne had got this far in six months, he really could become a respected professional in the NFL, as long as he was committed as he said he was, and his faith was one thing you could never doubt.

Now it's over. When he said "I knew where I was going", nobody realised he meant Suva. You could say – and this seems to be the groupthink of the week – that Hayne saw the writing on the wall, realised he was not going to make it in the NFL, and accepted Fiji's Olympic Sevens offer (oh sorry, not an offer, they "reached out") as a face-saving tactical retreat before his inevitable lucrative working holiday in Japan or Europe and return to the NRL.

But at least he made the NFL, didn't he? Or you could say, the whole thing was a marketing scam to suck in all of us who wanted to believe the best of people.

You could say that, seeing that Hayne was guaranteed a place on the 49ers' practice squad – revealed, after the event, by his American agent Jack Bechta - that he didn't "make it" in the NFL, as such, on level terms.

You could say, to borrow a different Americanism, that Hayne started on third base and thought he'd hit a home run. You could say that Trent Baalke's valedictory statement on Hayne this week – "Jarryd is a tremendous example of what can happen when you commit to a goal and do everything in your power to make it a reality. He earned the right to wear a 49ers uniform and compete alongside the best in the game" – is bullgelati as well.

You could say that Hayne's passage into the NFL was soft-soaped by smart marketers and enabled by a bottom-dwelling but wealthy franchise with an eye on growing its international appeal and an experimentalist new coach who guaranteed Hayne a trial, was impressed by his potential, then let him have a chance in a few real games before ending the experiment.

You could say, as Hayne's loyal supporter Jamie Soward said this week, that it's all been worthwhile because Hayne is now a "global brand". Um, that's a good thing? Apple or VW? McDonald's or Merrill Lynch? FIFA? Martha Stewart?

You could say that none of it was real, only show business. You could say that you've been had.

You could say all of that, but you wouldn't have wanted to be among the clowns and fools, would you? The believers of media fabrications. The cynics and haters.

Best not to say any of that, best to keep believing in Jarryd Hayne and this month's lifelong dream. Best not to say anything, because his words speak to, I mean for, themselves.

From Hayne's Telstra-funded documentary, Aussie Hero, American Dream: "For me to give up what I gave up – the status, the leadership, the respect – it's not of this world. The world these days isn't about taking yourself out of the kingdom and putting yourself with the peasants."

You could say a lot of things. But you don't really need to.

reductio ad absurdum
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 9:30pm
Hastings told he can find another club.. Don't know if it's because of Hayne
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 9:42pm
Horrie isn't very happy about his boy being dropped Having a red hot go on twitter
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2016 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Horrie isn't very happy about his boy being dropped Having a red hot go on twitter

He's pretty average, this Matterson looks a much better prospect
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 11:10am
Hang on....the Olympic dream is back on He has been added to the squad after two Fiji players dropped out.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 11:43pm
14 mins of my life gone...what a silly game
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 8:10am
Wonder how Hayne passed the drug test, the NFL is a walking chemist
EAD
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 9:40am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Wonder how Hayne passed the drug test, the NFL is a walking chemist

"Here mate, pee in this?"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 6:02pm

Jarryd Hayne to take Nick Kyrgios’s spot to pursue dream of playing Olympic tennis

The Shovel 
Published: June 3, 2016 - 1:54PM

Former NRL, NFL and Fijian 7s star Jarryd Hayne has jumped at the opportunity to fill Nick Kyrgios's spot on the Australian Olympic tennis team, saying it was a chance to pursue his lifelong dream.

"Playing for the Parramatta Eels, playing for the San Francisco 49ers, playing for Fiji – all of this was just a stepping stone to going out on court in the men's singles, and possibly the mixed doubles, in Rio 2016," Hayne said.

The running back said he was ready to prove himself on the court. "I've never played tennis before, but I think my ability to crash through tackles and execute those quick breaks will put me in good stead out there on the court".

The fullback said he had always dreamt of slotting a forehand winner past Roger Federer to take out gold for Australia. "It's been my lifelong dream ever since Nick Kyrgios pulled out this morning. I've worked for this. I'm ready for this. I just hope the selectors put their faith in me".

This story originally appeared on The Shovel.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 6:09pm
Surely that is taking the piss ?
reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Surely that is taking the piss ?

ConfusedShockedLOL
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2016 at 6:36pm
LOL
reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 6:22am
This will only happen if he can secure a racquet sponsor, he hasn't hit a tennis ball in preparation yet but he has gone through 3 dozen racquets and perfected his abuse of anyone within earshot.

If not, and provided he doesn't get a late call up from the ALP, he is taking time off and sitting down with Delta Goodrem to pen the lyrics for his Eurovision 2017 entry. 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>