Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

James Hird Has Landed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 5:50pm
This is certainly saddening.  Especially for his family.

However there's an undercurrent suggesting that while the supplements saga has undoubtedly been a severe drain on him, the underlying reason for the recent event is rather more tied to his inability to make a success of of a series of employment opportunities offered to him outside of football that could have carried him forward.

Though we'll probably never really know.

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2017 at 9:47pm
His old man (which be extension means him) is saying that the AFL are a bunch of bullies now... didn't everyone know that? ... their success is based on it!

It just always amuses me, that someone who was probably identified as a young teenager, and who has had a 30 year career, and success that he may well have never had other than for the AFL (or whatever code/organisation), is all of a sudden so critical of them, when things turn to gelati, but never was before??? ... that would be depressing though!Ermm
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 10:48am
Been asked to present the Norm Smith this year. I think that's a good thing for the AFL, and probably the best thing for Hird, for him to be welcomed back.

But one caveat-please James, take some responsibility and show some contrition for what went on under your watch. A lot of people would probably have settled for that in the first place.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 1:23pm
Strange one. I am all for him to make a comeback to public life, but I would have thought baby steps first, not just throw him in front of 1000000 emotionally drained football fans!!

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Been asked to present the Norm Smith this year. I think that's a good thing for the AFL, and probably the best thing for Hird, for him to be welcomed back.

But one caveat-please James, take some responsibility and show some contrition for what went on under your watch. A lot of people would probably have settled for that in the first place.

A total farce, he abrogated his duty of care the the young men under his care, was serious enough to ban the whole team for a year and now he is welcomed back ?

What sort of a pathetic joke is this ?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 1:46pm
Everyone is welcomed back eventually, Whale. Whether now is the right time, and the Norm Smith is the place, is debatable.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Everyone is welcomed back eventually, Whale. Whether now is the right time, and the Norm Smith is the place, is debatable.

eventually yes, this ridiculous haste is crazy, I guess that happens when you are an insider, part of VFL/AFL royalty as his family is.

as usual no justice, it all depends on who you know
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Really ?...."everyone is welcomed back eventually"........got a few waiting for the invite around here !
I've only backed one certainty in my life....& it lost !
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 1:01pm
Great to see him back
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic