Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

James Hird Has Landed.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 11:54am
A thorough dismantling of Essendon's position, and of Hird's continued and futile attempts to salvage his reputation. Finally do something honourable Hird and leave.
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 7:03pm
Essendon will not appeal the decision but surprise, surprise James Hird will.

This self centred, deluded narcissist has never cared about the club or the players, it is always about his selfish needs and massive ego
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 7:45pm
Who's going to pay his legals?
honi soit qui mal y pense
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Essendon will not appeal the decision but surprise, surprise James Hird will.

This self centred, deluded narcissist has never cared about the club or the players, it is always about his selfish needs and massive ego

Clap  
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 8:50am
The AFLPA are trying to talk him out of it. The other clubs are trying to talk him out. As is the board at Essendon, and even his own playing group.

But head down, fists pumping, he continues barreling on. Everyone can see the wall just up ahead, except little Jimmy.
Kingyy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 9:52am
Cudos to Hirdy for standing by his beliefs and showing his true dignity.

Plenty of you like to rubbish his name but if the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure you'd stand up for yourselves unless you are a spineless droid of society.

The club is bigger than any 1 entity and I'm sure they'll separate themselves from James to protect the players and staff and move on.

Wish James all the best in an uphill battle but he's no stranger to being kicked when he's down and I'm sure he'll come out a better person than the majority of us will ever be.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 9:57am
Essendon supporter, Kingy?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Kingyy Kingyy wrote:

Plenty of you like to rubbish his name but if the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure you'd stand up for yourselves unless you are a spineless droid of society.

The club is bigger than any 1 entity and I'm sure they'll separate themselves from James to protect the players and staff and move on.

Wish James all the best in an uphill battle but he's no stranger to being kicked when he's down and I'm sure he'll come out a better person than the majority of us will ever be.

if I oversaw a drug program that involved thousands of injections into players under my care, some of which have proven to be illegal, some of which the club admitted they didn't know 100 percent what they were, and was then found guilty in a court of law, I would think the time for standing up for himself has passed.
Commit the crime, do the time.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Kingyy Kingyy wrote:

kudos

you are a typical example of a rabid football supporter who will not abide the slightest questioning of your heroes actions.

The importance you place on what is simply a recreation is staggering, I wonder what the rest of your life is like.
You hear them constantly on talk back radio, whenever a player is accused of anything they ring up vehemently defending them with no idea of the facts.

And it is always the media which hates Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton etc and not giving them a fair go.

Grow up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 12:25pm
Hird should be doing Time. Quite a few years IMHO.

WHO WILL PAY HIS LEGALS... Hahahahaha. Like all the scumbag Lawyers ,
who think they are GOD and are untouchables.   His wife is one .

I'm practicing safe texts,
I'm using commas.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 12:53pm
James Hird has been given the opportunity to resign as coach of Essendon.

If not he will be sacked, he has virtually been removed. Clap

Expect another legal challenge
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 8:24am
A transcript of Hird's press statement:

Today, in a brave and heroic move, I have lodged an appeal with the Federal Court against the decision of Justice Middleton in Hird v Asada.

I do not do this for me, but for the Essendon players who have said they don’t want me to do this.

Many people are probably wondering ‘why be so selfless James? Why risk your job?”

Well, if I lose my job, I will just have to cop that $1.5 million payout on the chin and walk away with an international business degree and three years of salary despite not working since 2013.

As everyone knows, I’m not the sort to put myself first. I’m a realist who only cares for getting this process stopped on a technicality.

I believe that I am very likely to win this appeal, just as I thought I was likely to win the initial case.

My lawyers have given me firm advice that I should go on paying them for as long as I possibly can.

I’ve informed Paul Little of my decision and he said some things I won’t repeat here. He suddenly disagrees with the ‘good money after bad’ strategy that we’ve both been pursuing for some time.

While I respect the board’s position, I don’t report to them in the structure, I’m pretty sure they report to me.

I want to thank all my supporters who have stood by me. I appreciate you picking a side and sticking to it no matter how untenable it is.

If I am sacked today, please remember, this is all part of a massive conspiracy orchestrated by the AFL and the UN.

Return to your houses and await further instructions.

James 

Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 10:50am
I'm a bit slow..
+ with the written word it's always harder to tell
if someone is taking the p*ss..

but i think it's says something about the way i perceive hird that
it took me a little while to work out for sure..the above was 
a p*ss take..

i could imagine him seeing it this way
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 1:43pm
The guy should be banned, forever, end of story.

Respected club doctor, writes a letter, yes, a tangible letter, PLEADING James Hird not to commit Black Ops.
The whole saga ends there as far as Im concerned.
He then went on to stab and jab players a thousand times over, with God knows what, and the club pay for him to holiday in France and do a business course???

Its local knowledge Whale and I never agree on this site, but most certainly do with him on this one.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 1:51pm
in the space of 10 minutes 2 people have agreed with me.

what the heck is going on LOL
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:29pm
James Hird is thinking of starting his own footy club.

Toorak Cockroaches.
"we never say die"

or perhaps it should be called the Toorak Cockcoaches. 
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 2:00pm
How a coach can even contemplate leading a playing group, when he is defying that playing groups wishes by continuing with the appeal is beyond me.

He has the right to fight but his players want it over and done with.

Should of been sacked a year ago!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

How a coach can even contemplate leading a playing group, when he is defying that playing groups wishes by continuing with the appeal is beyond me.

He has the right to fight but his players want it over and done with.

Should of been sacked a year ago!

makes you wonder how he would react if a player disobeyed team orders
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 2:05pm
The turd still won't flush......
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 5:30pm
Kamahl's Birthday today Wink
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 1:31pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Case dismissed....his appeal a complete waste of dollars and time......
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 1:34pm
And ordered to pay the court costs......brilliant!!
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 1:51pm
I hope James Hird goes bankrupt.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 1:57pm
#standbyhird hashtag is rather funny. Some scarily cult-like Hird fans interspersed with some class sarcasm....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 2:04pm
Is James Hird one of the Bali 9?

Over-reaction much.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by James Bond Esq James Bond Esq wrote:

Over-reaction much.

2nd shooter on the grassy knoll IMO.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by James Bond Esq James Bond Esq wrote:

Over-reaction much.

2nd shooter on the grassy knoll IMO.

may have taken Azaria.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 2:35pm
Well this comes as something of a surprise.......said no one, ever.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2015 at 2:39pm

Justice Susan Kenny said she and her colleagues, Justices Richard White and Anthony Besanko, had dismissed Hird's appeal.

"Since Mr Hird failed to establish that the information on which the CEO of ASADA based the decision to issue notices under .... the NAD (national anti-doping scheme) was unlawfully obtained, Mr Hird's challenge to the notices fails and the appeal is dismissed," she said.

Justice Kenny also ruled that Hird has to pay ASADA's legal costs.

Hird was not in court to hear the ruling.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 9:05pm
Time to put up or shut up Mr Dank, the former preferably so we can get all the participants in court under oath and subpoena people who refused to participate in both the ASADA and AFL enquiries.

The mastermind of Essendon’s 2012 drugs program declared he would be “going after” McLachlan and former AFL boss Andrew Demetriou in court.

“We will now accelerate our legal action against the AFL and individual members of its executive who are responsible for this decision being handed down,” Dank said.

“They have contaminated the truth and impaired natural justice, and now they will feel the full thrust of the law in relation to how they’ve handled this process.

“I will leave no stone unturned in pursuing justice.”

Stephen Dank on the phone after finding out that he had received a lifetime ban from the

Stephen Dank on the phone after finding out that he had received a lifetime ban from the AFL for his part in the Essendon supplements saga. Picture: Michael Klein

The AFL anti-doping tribunal verdict on Friday means Dank cannot work again in any major Australian sport.

The Herald Sun informed Dank of the decision at Moonee Valley racecourse on Friday afternoon after a tell-all interview with veteran football journalist Mike Sheahan at a Doutta Stars Football Club function.

REVEALED: WHAT THE TRIBUNAL SAID ABOUT DANK

HEARING: READ THE FULL TRANSCRIPT HERE

The controversial sports scientist fired off an email to AFL anti-doping tribunal associate Justin Hooper warning him of pending legal action against several parties involved in the Essendon investigation.

“I suggest, Mr. Hooper, that you return my phone calls,” Dank wrote.

“Do not cowardly hide. And give that advice to Gillon McLachlan. Tell him to return my phone call. I warned you about how the conduct of the AFL, the tribunal and ASADA has contaminated the investigation and that we will not accept this.

“We will also be moving legally against the witnesses who provided contaminated and constructed evidence in this investigation.”

Stephen Dank after finding out that he had received a lifetime ban from the AFL for his p

Stephen Dank after finding out that he had received a lifetime ban from the AFL for his part in the Essendon supplements saga. Picture: Michael Klein

The AFL and ASADA on Friday welcomed the verdict against Dank.

ASADA chief Ben McDevitt repeated his view that Dank “should never be allowed near any sporting venue or any athlete anywhere in the world, ever”.

“This ruling by the AFL anti-doping tribunal has confirmed my view,” McDevitt said.

“Other serious alleged violations involving Mr Dank and current and former Essendon players are currently being pursued before the Court of Arbitration for Sport via appeals initiated by the World Anti-Doping Agency.”

Dank was found guilty in April of 10 of 34 violations of the AFL anti-doping code, including trafficking, attempting to traffic and “complicity in matters related to a range of prohibited substances”.

The breaches took place when Dank worked at Essendon in 2012 and at the Gold Coast Suns in 2010.

He was also found guilty of supplying a banned substance to a Carlton support person in 2012.

The drugs linked to Dank by the AFL tribunal include Hexarelin, Humanofort, Thymosin beta-4, CJC-1295, GHRP6 and SARMS.

But Dank escaped on more than 20 charges, including all those relating to the alleged administering of banned drugs to the Essendon 34 during the 2012 season.

Dank did not attend and was not represented at the AFL tribunal hearings which began late last year.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic