Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.
Punters, click here for everything about betting: Villagebet - Community of punters.

!!!jackpot!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lookout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !!!jackpot!!!
    Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 4:57am

While at my local in south yarra today having a quiet bet or two with about 20 other people ,the door was flung open and their stood our aging ruddy faced o/weight publican with a grin from ear to ear ,i said john whats the matter you look like you have just been raped by elle mcpherson ,he replied better than that, the jockeys are about to strike ,i said what you are mad why is that good .HE replied to all and sundry 2 free beers and a steak dinner in the pockies room for the first 30 people ,i said what there is not even that many of us here.He said son you dont understand people or punters {which he might just have a point } its simply really we make 3% on turnover of tabcorp and 11% of the pokies and every player i convert keeps punting 30% of their horse money on the pockies on average for as long as they keep coming in .

NO wonder i said that your happy while their are no races you just keep bribing punters to go to the pokies roomand you are up 8% with the same number of customers,he said its even better i have sold all my tabcorp shares and have applied to buy more m/c with the money,and that funky & cooper has no bloody idea why his business is on its bum .

I said it wont last long this strike i hear the a.r.b are going to bring in jockeys from around asia to fill the void under their international racing agreements, but i said n.s.w might be in trouble as they are not part of any agreements since their c.e.o v'landys said that they are not part of that international body since the chris munce affair ,which just made him smile even more {this guy is very strange } so john said the A.R.B.and the RACING n.s.w ceo could come to blows and v'landys may even say that they are not controlled by the international racing board or the australian racing board,i said yes a small chance .He said fantastic that would keep the strike going for another 3 months at least  and then promptly stood on the table and shouted does any know a mr v'landys .
AS for me i can see if this strike lasts i will of put on 20 kilos by xmas ,as i am on my second steak ,egg &chips ,i better call home and cancel dinner .LOL
JJ
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic