Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Islamic Terror - a few home grown nuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 117>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I don't see a difference.

In all cases it is politicians monarchy or faith leaders convincing people for all sorts of reasons to kill and conquer in their name.

Strategic and economic...conquest, aquisition of resources or defense
Cultural...religion

None are any better than the other

now you dont see a difference. seriously???
30 mins ago you did. you proved it in two separate posts - one for islam and one for christians. i linked them together in one post for its stark comparison. Have a read again just because you forgot what you wrote.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

We are all for free speech......only if we agree with you.....otherwise you should be deported!!
Australia in 2017........

I would encourage more free speech from muppets like Yasmin and Sam and Waleed, and yourself ... it just further exposes the true agenda of these traitorous parasites.Pig

... and just in case there was any doubt about the agenda and left wing bias of Their ABC ... There's a billion to be saved in the budget right there if the Government had the balls. Dead

ABC stands by Yassmin Abdel-Magied after Facebook post sparks Anzac Day outrage

The ABC is standing by part-time television presenter Yassmin Abdel-Magied, arguing the author and youth activist's personal opinions do not represent the national broadcaster. 

On Tuesday, Abdel-Magied courted controversy by publishing an Anzac Day Facebook post suggesting Australians should also remember the suffering on Manus Island and Nauru.

She later removed the reference to Manus Island, Nauru, Syria and Palestine in the post after she was accused of politicising a day designed to commemorate Australian soldiers killed in combat. 

An ABC spokesman said Abdel-Magied has apologised for the part of her Facebook post people found offensive.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/abc-stands-by-yassmin-abdelmagied-after-facebook-post-sparks-anzac-day-outrage-20170425-gvsehn.html

Good on her for apologising for this minor misstep, hardly a hanging offense though.Clap

That does sound a little like a Liberal Party RWNJ apology though...sorry if you feel offended that I am ripping millions out of you manipulating the rules around entitlements. Only she did it immediately not after 27 question times of hounding a begrudging faux, heavily qualified apology

She will  make a great LiberalThumbs Up Oh hang on her religion would rule that out. The broad church isnt that broad 
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:12pm

Or perhaps she is capable of more than one train of thought, Cabo? Crazy, I know. Perhaps, just perhaps, she cares about ANZACS and refugees. Woah, I need to sit down now........

why did she delete the post then?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:14pm

Is that Christianity shining through there cabo?

we are told to uphold the truth. so yep. 👍
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:16pm
explain why she should apologise PT?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

If an apology is required at all it is for the timing of what she said. She is right, we have an appallingly cruel record against victims of wars, something stated by many on social media, but the day was to remember our dead servicemen, and should have been left at that. She is only young

Pretty minor stuff though. Plenty of far worse intemperate stuff said on here yesterday using it as a vehicle to abuse minority groups, and not nearly as bad as some of the vile stuff passing for social commentary that you find suitable from your idols Latham and Cameron though. 
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:31pm

Or perhaps she is capable of more than one train of thought, Cabo? Crazy, I know. Perhaps, just perhaps, she cares about ANZACS and refugees. Woah, I need to sit down now........

Because you advocates of free speech went absolutely ballistic on her.
Her timing wasn't great, as PT says, but I don't think she should have deleted it.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:52pm

Because you advocates of free speech went absolutely ballistic on her.
Her timing wasn't great, as PT says, but I don't think she should have deleted it.

Poor diddums.

she deleted it because she was informed it offended people.

a feminist lefty admitted she offended people!!! hang on...thats not the way its supposed to work. Leftys dont offend, they defend!!

i do take my hat off to her for the apology...if removing a hat in front of a woman isnt considered offensive under sharia law.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 3:58pm

If an apology is required at all it is for the timing of what she said. She is right, we have an appallingly cruel record against victims of wars, something stated by many on social media, but the day was to remember our dead servicemen, and should have been left at that. She is only young

Pretty minor stuff though. Plenty of far worse intemperate stuff said on here yesterday using it as a vehicle to abuse minority groups, and not nearly as bad as some of the vile stuff passing for social commentary that you find suitable from your idols Latham and Cameron though. 

except tbv members arent paid for by the taxpayer like she is as an ABC employee. she has an obligation not to be offensive, especially on days like ANZAC day.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:07pm
She has the right to say whatever she likes within reason, and with free speech she is also open to criticism for what she says. Strange though that the great free speech advocates on the right are bagging her for saying something rather than challenging her view.

What does she do on the ABC and does her personal views(it was on Facebook, not on tv) impact the way she does her job? Are tv personalities not allowed personal views outside of their work, or just ABC people who say something the right dont like?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:17pm

She has the right to say whatever she likes within reason, and with free speech she is also open to criticism for what she says. Strange though that the great free speech advocates on the right are bagging her for saying something rather than challenging her view.

What does she do on the ABC and does her personal views(it was on Facebook, not on tv) impact the way she does her job? Are tv personalities not allowed personal views outside of their work, or just ABC people who say something the right dont like?

The free speech argument didnt apply to the sbs worker who got rissoled. but yes, attacking her right to free speech in isolation is wrong.

her right to free speech has boundaries though, as an employee of the ABC. she knew she abused that, its why she deleted and apologised.

if she didnt delete the post and defended her right to say it...the ABC would have sacked her. so she did need to apologise...to save her job.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:28pm
The only thing wrong here is that as the number of Christians plummets, they get more desperate. We get Born-Agains and Jehovah's Witnesses almost every Saturday banging on the front door to try to convert sinners into religious hypocrites like them. Never had a Buddhist, Atheist, Taoist, Muslim or a Jew trying to shove their faith down my throat  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:34pm

The only thing wrong here is that as the number of Christians plummets, they get more desperate. We get Born-Agains and Jehovah's Witnesses almost every Saturday banging on the front door to try to convert sinners into religious hypocrites like them. Never had a Buddhist, Atheist, Taoist, Muslim or a Jew trying to shove their faith down my throat  

geez. a few door knocks and you are seething.

hate to think what you told your folks for choosing a catholic school for your education
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:36pm
Yasmin posted her traitorous comments to promote her own agenda, because she thought the only people who would see it would be her left wing nut cheer squad who would pat her on the back and denounce those marching yesterday as "baby killers".

Being a Co-ordinator for the ANZAC Bi-centennial, she knew exactly what she was doing, it was pre meditated, and it was traitorous - but only to Patriotic Australians!

To Muslims and Marxists, it was a call to arms, and thus we see the true colours of the defenders of those ideologies in here today, who simply can't help themselves ... just like the ABC ... oh, and according to The Project, it never even happened ... what a surprise!Ermm
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 4:40pm
No arguments here...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:08pm

geez. a few door knocks and you are seething.

hate to think what you told your folks for choosing a catholic school for your education

OMG!!!, you are one of them, aren't you Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:28pm
such disdain for gentle people spreading a message of peace. what happened to team humanity???

excluding again. tsk tsk tsk.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:31pm
She has the right to say whatever she likes "within reason"

I think I'd read an ABC employment contract before making that assertion.

Once again, the Jewish faith does not and never will recruit. The others mentioned do. Fairly weak to call all people of a religion hypocrites too. I'm sure you didn't really mean it though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:33pm
I used to get the born again types regularly knocking on the door on Saturday morning. I told them Jesus/God thought they were wasting their time. Go do something useful, actions speak louder than words.

I'm not sure they ever got the message but they don't knock on the door anymore.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:35pm
If they set up a stall outside the supermarket like any other spruiker I wouldn't care what they did, give away sausage sandwiches, even better 

Just dont make me have to get up and respond by opening the door. 

Not just religious freaks, energy salespeople too. 

My silly sister once made the mistake of letting one in. It took 2 years to get rid of them and their friends harassing her. She was too weak to tell them to piss off and they were probably on a bonus for claiming another soul and wouldn't let go.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:35pm
Which brings me to this observation.....apparently 2.2% of our population is Muslim. Now I think that figure is dodgy as.. so let's say a conservative ( ?) 5% is closer to the mark. So assuming Muslims punt...does that not mean 5% of the posts on here are coming from Muslims. If not why not. So who do we think fits the bill ?. Thoughts
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:51pm
The Christians made the mistake of going in to speak to the neighbours less than balanced son once. We didn't see that lot again. I think he scared the devil into them.

The only Muslim punters I've ever encountered were also strongly into drink and possibly drugs. Which member fits that bill 1-1? 
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:51pm

Yasmin posted her traitorous comments to promote her own agenda, because she thought the only people who would see it would be her left wing nut cheer squad who would pat her on the back and denounce those marching yesterday as "baby killers".

Being a Co-ordinator for the ANZAC Bi-centennial, she knew exactly what she was doing, it was pre meditated, and it was traitorous - but only to Patriotic Australians!

To Muslims and Marxists, it was a call to arms, and thus we see the true colours of the defenders of those ideologies in here today, who simply can't help themselves ... just like the ABC ... oh, and according to The Project, it never even happened ... what a surprise!Ermm

You are completely and utterly bonkers.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Which brings me to this observation.....apparently 2.2% of our population is Muslim. Now I think that figure is dodgy as.. so let's say a conservative ( ?) 5% is closer to the mark. So assuming Muslims punt...does that not mean 5% of the posts on here are coming from Muslims. If not why not. So who do we think fits the bill ?. Thoughts

Amazing stuff.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:56pm
Back to that 2.2% Muslim claim. There are 5 million people in Sydney. Many of the western suburbs are Muslim dominant...Bankstown , Punchbowl , Lakemba , Auburn , Wiley Park, Fairfield, Campsie , Earlwood , Arncliffe , Turrella , Bexley , Earlwood , Bardwell Park , Hurstville , Rockdale....that's off the top of my head. So if they don't represent al least 20 % of Sydneys total population I'll be a monkeys uncle. Now the Australian population is just over 23 million....so even if there was not another Muslim outside Sydney it's got to be more than 2.2%. As I said....dodgy as imo !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:57pm
Allah considered intoxicants and gambling the work of Satan
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Amazing stuff.
Helps to have visited Sydney once in a lifetime Subby. You should try it one day ( refer Important Notice thread )
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:00pm
Yep the ABS is conspiring with ISIS to smuggle in hordes of em and are dodgying the numbers to conceal it LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:03pm
Bit like the claim we only have a 6% Asian population as well... Christ you'd almost have that many if you combined those on Chatswood & Epping stations every day !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 6:04pm
LOL@1-1. I think the bad math clouded the humour.

Is it just me or does Jeremy Fernandez channel Ray Martin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 117>