Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Inbreeding to Danehill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blacktypepedigree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inbreeding to Danehill
    Posted: 27 Feb 2014 at 6:35pm
WIN SMOOTHLY, is the 18th BTW inbred to Danehill. He won Lisboa Prelude (L) in Macau last week and is 1st BT winner by Court Command (Commands)  

Three horse inbred to Danehill won G1 race:
GUELPH , ASTAIRE and SOUTHERN LORD

One won G2 race:

Six won G3 race:

All BTP horses inbred to Danehill you can find through Blacktypepedigree service Inbreeding (need to be registered) and If you will use "Monitor changes on query results" - you will find all new horses or results of older horses inbred to Danehill in your mailbox.
Observer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 5:54am
Inevitable that there will be more and more cases of horses with Danehill duplications with the passing of eah year from here on in. His presense is ubiquitous in the Australian breeding herd. 
Steel Rose is a dubious case of being "inbred" to Danehill, her sire Guillotine is devoid of Danehill, her dam Aga Panther is indeed inbred to Danehill 2x3.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 9:21pm
18 stakes winners from how many runners? 
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 11:06pm

I would of thought there would be on a lot more than 18 total (within 3 gen) . How many ND x ND 3rd gen get !! Would think danehill will better that in time. In aus anyway
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 7:52pm
Triple Danehill?

Tara Madgwick - Wednesday, 13 May 2015
The two year-old colts and geldings maiden at Canterbury on Wednesday was won by promising Sebring gelding Bring a Secret, who has a little secret in that he might be the first winner to carry three lines of Danehill in his pedigree.

Prepared at Canberra by Nick Olive, Bring a Secret was narrowly beaten in a $20,000 juvenile event at Wagga last month when resuming from a spell and quickly made amends here.

Sent out favourite with Glyn Schofield in the saddle, Bring a Secret found the line strongly to win by more than a length over 1250 metres as favourite.

"We’ve had an opinion of him since day one,” revealed Nick Olive.

"We’ll get him home and see how he progresses, although he is entered for the big race in Brisbane (Group I JJ Atkins Classic).

"He’s a nice horse with a big future.”

Bring a Secret as a yearling
Bring a Secret as a yearling
Bring a Secret was consigned to the Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale by Newgate Farm on behalf of his Canberra based breeders Roz and Callum Beaton of  Cuillin Hills Thoroughbreds, but passed in shy of his $60,000 reserve.

He is the third winner from three foals to race from Secrets Sleeping (NZ), who was also trained by Nick Olive and won three races including a victory at Warwick Farm.

A daughter of Danehill’s Group I winning son Viking Ruler, Secrets Sleeping comes from the family of Group I stars Cosmic Endeavour, Easy Rocking and Fairy King Prawn and has a close double cross of Danehill as her dam Stella’s Pantry is by Danewin.

Combining Secrets Sleeping with Sebring, who also has a line of Danehill being from a daughter of Flying Spur, gives Bring a Secret the triple treat - 4 x 3 x 4 !

One might think that three lines of a bay dominant sire like Danehill would result in a bay, but not so, as Bring a Secret has two chestnut parents and is a flashy chestnut with some prominent white markings!

Secrets Sleeping has a yearling colt to follow by Denman and another weanling filly by Sebring, which is also chestnut.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
mozzie View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 1:10pm
I've decided to inbreed to Danehill 3 x 3 this season with my mare Lone Ballad.  She's booked into Foxwedge.  Given that she is also a 3/4 sister to Rock Sturdy (Lone Ballad is by Holy Roman Emperor), I thought I'd give it a go.
We learn everyday but still die stupid
runnerdance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runnerdance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 1:24pm
I'm thinking the same. Al maher mare to helmet this season
brogers View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote brogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 9:46am

Inbred to Danehill 
2,881 Foals of Racing Age
1,245 Starters
546 Winners
28 Stakes winners

That is 1% SW to Starters. No magic beans here!
Abel Tasman...Keen Ice...Divisidero....Verrazano...Catchy...Carrick...Ivictory...
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 12:48pm
Winners to runners % would not be considered very flash either .
runnerdance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runnerdance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 2:13pm
Thanks Brogers - greats stats and crystal clear info. Good job
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by brogers brogers wrote:

Inbred to Danehill 
2,881 Foals of Racing Age
1,245 Starters
546 Winners
28 Stakes winners

That is 1% SW to Starters. No magic beans here!

Isn't that 1% to foals of racing age rather than starters ?
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 2:31pm
Either way its a small percentage but is it small compared to the rest of the population ?

Also how much of that inbreeding is through poor quality stock ?

reductio ad absurdum
Ash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Either way its a small percentage but is it small compared to the rest of the population ?

Also how much of that inbreeding is through poor quality stock ?

That's the question.

Danehill is a victim of his own success. Any son of his that remained intact was sent to stand there for a while - The number of Danehill sons at stud are staggering- and most of them very ordinary.

I fear the cross will always be low due to sheer numbers of poor quality.
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 12:32am
Hello,
the thirdplaced Amona (by Aussie Rules), Diana Trial, 2000 meters Group 2, at Berlin/Hoppegarten, is bred 2x3 Danehill.

It's the first time I've seen a Thouroughbred inbred to Danehill at a German racetrack.

regards, Ticino
Oritah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oritah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 11:45pm
I have a confession..... 

I prefer pedigrees with out Danehill and to a lesser extent ND influence in them.... Very hard to find, as they have been done to death.... 

Lawyer
Off and racing View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Off and racing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 8:32am
Be interested to know the stats in foals with 4 lines of northern dancer and there performance on the track
Breeder View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:43am
Danehill, in Australia and NZ, will turnout to be the modern day Hyperion or Nearco in pedigrees, over the next 10-15 years
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 10:55am
Maybe right. Over time it will be virtually impossible to avoid duplications. Inbreeding however can be avoided as Danehill will be appearing further back in the pedigree.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Oritah Oritah wrote:

I have a confession..... 

I prefer pedigrees with out Danehill and to a lesser extent ND influence in them.... Very hard to find, as they have been done to death.... 

Are you an Aga Khan devotee ?

He was adamant the Never Bend sireline would outlast/outdo Northern Dancer. 
reductio ad absurdum
Oritah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oritah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Oritah Oritah wrote:

I have a confession..... 

Are you an Aga Khan devotee ?

He was adamant the Never Bend sireline would outlast/outdo Northern Dancer. 

No Djebel - to be honest I dont know much abut him Embarrassed but I like their stallions!!! That Grey Dalakhani being my favorite Smile  

I just think there are to many ordinary and/or unproven Danehill sons running around which can result in undesirable traits coming thru. 

While ND is just in so many pedigrees - its hard to avoid - you can very quickly end up with over  6 duplication's. Which I know many people like - but you must remember those double ups can be of both good and bad traits - genetics are a funny thing....   

Having said all that - I am no expert here, my 1st TB foals are in utero...  

Lawyer
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 8:46am
New Stakes-Winner for Double Danehill

Tara Madgwick - Monday, 14 November 2016

The much maligned double Danehill cross featured last Saturday with a new stakes-winner, so we thought it was timely to take a look at the stats with yearling sales just around the corner.
Three year-old filly Prompt Response posted her first stakes win when successful in the Listed MRC Twilight Glow Stakes to become the 43rdstakes-winner worldwide to carry the double cross.

She is by the Redoute's Choice stallion Beneteau from a daughter of Exceed and Excel, so has exactly the sort of 3 x 3 Danehill male line to male line pedigree that many people now shy away from.

The stats for this exact pattern of line breeding are 45.9% winners to runners with 322 winners from 702 runners including 10 stakes-winners headed by Hong Kong Derby HK Gr 1winner Luger, who is by Choisir from a daughter of Danzero.

Luger also has a Group III winning full sister in Psychologist, while Prompt Response has a Group III winning full brother in Prompt Return.

Prompt Response is the fourth Australian stakes-winner this season to carry the double Danehill, the other three stakes-winners being Don't Doubt Mamma (3 x 4) and Selenia (3 x 4), both by Not a Single Doubt and Ulmann (4 x 2), who is by Sebring ( whose dam is by Flying Spur) from a daughter of Danehill.

The overall stats for double Danehill in any way shape or form within five generations is 46.1 % winners to runners with 1048 winners from 2272 runners including 43 stakes-winners headed by Group I winners Guelph, Astaire and Southern Lord.

Love it or hate it, there is plenty of double Danehill out there and savvy breeders that can crack the case on how to make it work will be the big winners in time.
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 2:29pm
My Keffelstein mare just had a positive to Rock Hero,  so the foal will have Danehill in 4th remove on dam side and 3rd remove on sires side
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
.Swynford. View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote .Swynford. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 7:15pm
looks to be a smart horse

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2017 at 9:03pm
Still very green by the looks Swynford
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 12:59am
There's a strong concentration of 'Barb'-line sires in the centre of Snitzson's pedigree.

Perhaps this diversity is a contributing factor here - and something that might make the Snitzel/Blackfriars cross work?... and, in turn, put King's Troop on the radar for WA breeders.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote .Swynford. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:47pm

Many don't believe in duplicating Danzig in pedigrees either especially in this manner.  However with Snitzel I am wondering if mares from the Grey Sovereign male line lower in the pedigree are an important part of the pedigree.  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Swynford. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 6:58pm
Mares from the Grey Sovereign male line appear in other stallions when Snippets is in the same position.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 7:02pm
He's certainly potent in many cases when duplicated & was the 1st thing I was drawn to when spotting that chart Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Swynford. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2017 at 7:05pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Swynford. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 4:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>