Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hussler back in Oakleigh Plate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 1:20am
Originally posted by watarush watarush wrote:

is the oakliegh at caufiled?  
Wacko
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Hot2Trot Hot2Trot wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Hot2Trot Hot2Trot wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by Wortel Wortel wrote:

They are saying 58.5?So do they give the rest of the field the minimum?Surely there is nothing that compares to his rating.

No they don't give the rest of the field the minimum. Look at the ratings template and work it out. Minimum is 52kg?? If thats the case then any horse rated above 103 will be above the minimum.

Weekend Hussler has a rating of 120 and Lucky Secret 113.  According to my calculations, the Hussler will be giving LS 3.5kg.

That's correct per the template. Bear in mind though that the template is only a guide for Group races. It may be slightly different when weights are released tomorrow.

So you're saying the template is applied strictly to all non-group races, but there is discretion in all group races?

Yes that's right although adjustments are made to ensure the minimum top weight is met.
watarush View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watarush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:25am
i do agree that its good for racing his return, but i cant say im a fan of the trainer n coonections. id like to see him run well but can say hey ill be cheering for him. good luck none the less
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:27am
No chance.

Hope he runs on well into 6th/7th though.
diva View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:37am
I love the Hussler, good for racing and good for debates. But how much going on's will there be if he wins!!! God the talk of Cox Plates and Caulfield Cups will surely start agianLOL
DiamondsAtDusk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Nick Nick wrote:

No chance.

Hope he runs on well into 6th/7th though.

Lay Of The Day?? Big smile
We Started Nothing.
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:41am
And why shouldn't it DIva???? Gees if he wins on Saturaday they can talk him up for the Grand National in England for all I care. It will be a huge effort and one of those remarkable racing stories. I'll be cheering just to see him back on the racetrack.
The More You Put On, The More You Get Back
diva View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:42am
As i said i love the hussler, but just keep it real and focus on the remarkable comeback if he wins, like you ill be cheering him to, i cant wait!!!!!!
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:42am

He was being talked up as winning the spring triple crown at one stage.

Take him to Sydney and find him some good WFA races like the Ryder and the All Aged.

Should be hot fields but not too strong.
shizzydirka View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shizzydirka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:43am
Originally posted by Mellifluous Mellifluous wrote:

IM fat!
SET THE SPINNAKER FOR THE LOSE
rubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

He is locked into G1's, pretty much. In a Quality he gets 62kg, the rest, the limit. He is better off in a Group 1. Just hope he is up to a pressure race like the Oakleigh Plate. Great to see him back!!

There are easier wfa races around not Gr 1 that would be 'easy kills' if the horse has come back but obviously not worth the same money as the pinnacle gr 1s. 
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:55am
Originally posted by rubiton rubiton wrote:

He is locked into G1's, pretty much. In a Quality he gets 62kg, the rest, the limit. He is better off in a Group 1. Just hope he is up to a pressure race like the Oakleigh Plate. Great to see him back!!

There are easier wfa races around not Gr 1 that would be 'easy kills' if the horse has come back but obviously not worth the same money as the pinnacle gr 1s. 

There is one G2, I think, but he would have to go to Sydney for it(Winning Edge G2 1400m). He is not going to resume over a mile, so these 2 G1's (Oakleigh, Newmarket) are the only real options if he is ready to resume now.
John Anthony View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Anthony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 6:59am
Hussler FTW!!!
I can see it now
Hussler sitting handy on the fence and then pulling out at the 400 m mark to make his run. Hits the lead with 100 to go gets challenged by Wanted but shows his fighting spirit to to win by 1 1/2 lengths!
at this point i think ill shed a tear of joy
Hot2Trot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot2Trot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:09am
I don't know how fit or sound the horse is, but if he is okay for the race he has to be a big chance.  The weight shouldn't be a problem.  He carried 56kg as a 3YO to win the Newmarket, so even if he gets 59.5kg he's right in there.

Our Aqaleem recently won a 1600m race first up after 2 1/2 years.  Makes this assignment look easy.
here he is... craig View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here he is... craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:21am
I hope the horse gets around safely.

He has buckleys of actually winning, and would be exceeding my expectations if he ran a place. He is first up after 12 months, carrying more weight in a much tougher version of a race that he won when at his peak. Hardly a recipe for success.
rubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:27am

Originally posted by rubiton rubiton wrote:

There is one G2, I think, but he would have to go to Sydney for it(Winning Edge G2 1400m). He is not going to resume over a mile, so these 2 G1's (Oakleigh, Newmarket) are the only real options if he is ready to resume now.
Gr 3 1100m on March 8 - of course that would only be an option if the Newmarket was bypassed.  There is a SW&P Listed two weeks earlier but dont have the conditions handy for that one.
Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:35am
I don't lay horses over $5 but if The Hussler happens to be that well supported he'll be my lay of the day and finally a loser for me!
Jonathon View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:36am
He'll bring in a few more through the gate.
musha View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:38am
You can only beat what is put in front of you and the Hussler did exactly that. 7 G1's and people still claim he's overrated.  Overrated horses occasionally sneak one G1, maybe even 2 if they're really lucky, but not 7!  It would be the perfect scenario for racing were he to put in a big first up run, or even win.  Love him or hate him, don't deny he's good for racing.
here he is... craig View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here he is... craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:38am
Go for it Nick. You cannot get this one wrong. Your last couple of lays were courageous but dangerous. This is safe as houses. There's no E.I anymore. 
dennis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:39am
Has anyone got any houses left to put on it Saturday.?
Good luck.
Jonathon View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:40am
lol, hopefully Ross will never say crap like that again.
Hot2Trot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot2Trot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:41am
Well he won't be $2.00 anyway, so you won't need to bet a house to win a house.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:42am

For mine, the key to his chance is how his fetlock holds up.

Otherwise the champ is in this race up to his ears.

Craig and co, The Hussler must have set a record for the most Group 1 wins for an overrated, overhyped dog.
Sunline...simply supreme
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:46am
You can question the condition of his legs all you like but he will still have the same heart Heart
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:50am

What's your point?

Sunline...simply supreme
Hot2Trot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot2Trot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:16am
Quite right Wortel.  That's what made him a champ.  I'm glad you appreciate it.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:23am
If he comes back to anything close to his best and his injuries are behind him, he'll grab 1 or 2 more G1's before this season is out...
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:32am
good luck to the Huss. Big smile
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 11:33pm
Weights are out. He got 58.5 Kg and Lucky secret 55kg. Someone can post the field that be great. I seem to stuff it up when I have a go!!
The More You Put On, The More You Get Back
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic