Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Housing collapse 2012 for Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2010 at 9:32pm
Found,an,article,written,last,week,in,the,Australian,newspaper.
Speaks,about,the,housing,bubble,and,how,our,homes,are,40,percent,over,the,price,they,should.be.
Inflated,way,too,high.
And,it,too,,predicts,a,huge,correction,to,this,and,homes,will,go,down,40,percent,to,make,it,more,realistic.

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 1:47am
Im more worried about the 2012 solar storm that Nasa has said will happen than housing issues.Wink
EAD
margrate View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote margrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 3:57am
Occy22 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Occy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:15pm
Is Muffin still laughing at my prediction?
Occy22 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Occy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:15pm
Muffin??

HOUSE prices are falling faster in Melbourne than in any other mainland capital as the market stalls.

The price slide is gathering pace: the median Melbourne price is down by 7 per cent in the past year.

The median price last month was $477,500 - down more than $35,000 in a year, according to research group RP Data.

And Melbourne's army of property investors is also feeling the pain of a weak rental market.

Growth in rents was flat in the year to April.

The gross rental yield, or annual return, for houses in Melbourne was 3.6 per cent - weaker than the interest rate for a typical internet savings account. It was the weakest yield for any city.

The RP Data research echoes figures released yesterday by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, showing that house prices in Melbourne have fallen 2.2 per cent since December.

Adding further pressure to the housing sector, the State Government announced yesterday that after June 30 it would scrap its bonus for first homeowners buying newly built properties.

The scheme, which is separate from the continuing first homeowners grant, offered buyers a $13,000 bonus for buying newly constructed houses in the city, or $19,500 for regional areas.

Economists were doubtful that yesterday's 50-basis-point rate cut from the Reserve Bank would help revive the flagging housing market.

CommSec chief economist Craig James said the fall in prices was driven more by a lack of confidence among buyers and builders than by demand and supply issues.

He said prices were likely to climb in the second half of the year as interest rates fell, "if confidence returns".

"Confidence is the vital ingredient," he said.

National Australia Bank chief economist Rob Henderson said interest rate cuts in November and December had done little to support house prices.

"Three months after two interest rate cuts, what has happened to house prices? They have fallen," he said.

"It doesn't suggest interest rate cuts are much of a panacea for the housing market."
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:19pm
I predict house prices will start to fall on an odd-numbered day of the month, more than that I couldn't say. Tongue
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:23pm
My builder assures me my house will not collapse.....Earthquakes not included.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Occy22 Occy22 wrote:

Muffin??

HOUSE prices are falling faster in Melbourne than in any other mainland capital as the market stalls.

The price slide is gathering pace: the median Melbourne price is down by 7 per cent in the past year.

The median price last month was $477,500 - down more than $35,000 in a year, according to research group RP Data.

And Melbourne's army of property investors is also feeling the pain of a weak rental market.

Growth in rents was flat in the year to April.

The gross rental yield, or annual return, for houses in Melbourne was 3.6 per cent - weaker than the interest rate for a typical internet savings account. It was the weakest yield for any city.

The RP Data research echoes figures released yesterday by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, showing that house prices in Melbourne have fallen 2.2 per cent since December.

Adding further pressure to the housing sector, the State Government announced yesterday that after June 30 it would scrap its bonus for first homeowners buying newly built properties.

The scheme, which is separate from the continuing first homeowners grant, offered buyers a $13,000 bonus for buying newly constructed houses in the city, or $19,500 for regional areas.

Economists were doubtful that yesterday's 50-basis-point rate cut from the Reserve Bank would help revive the flagging housing market.

CommSec chief economist Craig James said the fall in prices was driven more by a lack of confidence among buyers and builders than by demand and supply issues.

He said prices were likely to climb in the second half of the year as interest rates fell, "if confidence returns".

"Confidence is the vital ingredient," he said.

National Australia Bank chief economist Rob Henderson said interest rate cuts in November and December had done little to support house prices.

"Three months after two interest rate cuts, what has happened to house prices? They have fallen," he said.

"It doesn't suggest interest rate cuts are much of a panacea for the housing market."

LOL
Brooke you predicted 40-60% in 2010 for a 2011 fall.  We're now in 2012 and you're quoting an article that represents a median price that has dropped approx 7% in 12 months.  
Occy22 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Occy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:42pm
Bundy, your builder is probably one of the thousand shonky aussie builders, who build houses here with the cheapest materials possible that termites love.

feel free to post amusing image regarding that.
Occy22 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Occy22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:44pm
znatchy, stay tuned, it aint the end of 2012 yet

since 2010, most of australia has experienced a 20 to 35 percent fall in prices accorded to bureau of statistics.

muffin predicted houses prices would actually keep going up.

his reasoning was the mythical "supply and demand" theory.

wonder how he will accept how wrong that was?
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:11pm
Can't believe rates are going down.

Home owners had not had their back broken yet.

This country sucks. Watch it decline.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:18pm
Feel free to leave...I suggest Hungary with broke under your arm.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Bundy Bundy wrote:

Feel free to leave...I suggest Hungary with broke under your arm.

Clap Clap
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:55pm
You are such a whinger Wortel,if this country sucks tell me a country that doesn't suck in your opinion.Now that moderator duties aren't keeping you here why don't you move there?
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:05pm
Two weeks ago, I had a coffee with school friends.

We talked real estate.

It was mentioned the market is horribly down.

A guy bought a couple of high-rise ,luxury apartments for over a mill. (SOUTH FREMANTLE)

Can't even get a bidder over 650,000.

He blames the developers....they're the ones that were driving up the crazy prices.

Whatever...the scenario is, right now, quick profits are OUT for now.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Znatchy Znatchy wrote:

[QUOTE=Occy22]Muffin??

The RP Data research echoes figures released yesterday by the A< id="WebWizRTE" ="http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&ID=688381&CACHE=1668" style="border: #A5ACB2 1px solid" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" height="300" width="650">ustralian Bureau of Statistics, showing that house prices in Melbourne h
Brooke you predicted 40-60% in 2010 for a 2011 fall.  We're now in 2012 and you're quoting an article that represents a median price that has dropped approx 7% in 12 months.  

It is unlike Brooke to exaggerate things LOL
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

You are such a whinger Wortel,if this country sucks tell me a country that doesn't suck in your opinion.Now that moderator duties aren't keeping you here why don't you move there?

I'm not a home owner.

At least if I moved to South America I'd have a chance. LOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

Its,on,the,way,peoples.
Will,start,in,2011.
Properties,in,Australia,will.drop,by,40percent,to,60,percent.
We,are,the,last,developed,country,to,get,hit.
But,its,on,the,way.
Homes,worth,$800,000,now,will,drop,as,far,as,$400,000,in2011.
Interest,rates,set,to,skyrocket.
Best,time,to,sell,,,,,,,,NOW.

how did this prediction go, as well as the gold $2000 or dollar 80 cents Ouch
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:15pm
or the world war 3...
Panspermia.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 5:28pm
2012 wasn't a good year for BROOKE was it? This house price prediction was miles off the mark as were the "AUD to fall below USD0.80" clanger. Nearly 18 months since the end of 2012 and we're still around 93c.

These predictions make Maccas "Brisbane house prices up at least 15% in two months" claim sound half sensible.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2014 at 6:05pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 11:37am
   Wiser in hindsight I hope Brook.
$400 rent on Units costing less than $400000 in Suburbs 15K Brisbane North .    With House prices on about a par with 2009. Quite a recovery albeit it is up and down like a yo yo here.
   Sydney is booming so look to increasing prices throughout.
Some great buys about, with excellent returns.    China agrees with me .
Crash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 12:32pm
Don't forget Brooke predicted Westpac would closed it's doors 5 years ago. Brooke also got her family and friends to take their money out of Westpac and even told the TBV to do the same.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 12:36pm

Call me a "Johnny came lately" if you like...I do think housing prices are in for tough times over the next few years
Refer ALP Election Promises
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 12:55pm
House prices on a par with 2009.  Has Maccamax moved to Greece?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Crash Crash wrote:

Don't forget Brooke predicted Westpac would closed it's doors 5 years ago. Brooke also got her family and friends to take their money out of Westpac and even told the TBV to do the same.

I bought shares in Westpac then Smile

Thxs for the tip Brooke Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

House prices on a par with 2009.  Has Maccamax moved to Greece?

I'm talking my local area only.   Fell by about 8% plus the usual 3 or 4% expected yearly gain. Since I purchased in early 2009.
Has recovered lately in one spurt and slow now . About on par with my purchase price now. [ Allow I have had 5 years of free rent [ less exes]     . The Qld patterns are running true to form. Sydney / Melbourne getting great clearance rates and Building Industry really picking up.     >>   Supply and Demand will decide the next period and with many off shore Investors , very keen , I see an upward trend will continue for quite a time.   Governments don't want a Keating . = lost control in 1988 and even 17% interest rates couldn't stop it. They will slow it with those experiences.
Why do people accept,   materials, rents and food increases as normal but predict House Prices won't move up .     MADNESS
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 5:26pm
Melbourne has slowed considerably in last 2 weeks from my observation
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:32pm

Its,on,the,way,peoples.
Will,start,in,2011.
But,its,on,the,way.
Best,time,to,sell,,,,,,,,NOW. 2012

HOUSE prices in Brisbane have hit a new record high with some suburbs in the sought-after inner-city ring increasing by more than 20 per cent in the last year.

St Lucia, Ascot, Auchenflower and Wilston were the best performing suburbs in Brisbane where the prices increased by more than $150,000.

Property experts say the Queensland’s southeast had emerged as a powerhouse property market generating solid capital growth for homeowners and putting its southern counterparts to shame
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:36pm

Its,on,the,way,peoples.
Will,start,in,2011.
But,its,on,the,way.
Best,time,to,sell,,,,,,,,NOW.

HOUSE prices in Brisbane have hit a new record high with some suburbs in the the sought-after inner-city ring increasing by more than 20 per cent in the last year.

St Lucia, Ascot, Auchenflower and Wilston were the best performing suburbs in Brisbane where the prices increased by more than $150,000.

Property experts say the Queensland’s southeast had emerged as a powerhouse property market generating solid capital growth for homeowners and putting its southern counterparts to shame
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>