Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Horses to Follow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horses to Follow
    Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 6:51am
I think the run of Upper echelon in the Hobartville was full of merit, got back on the fence, the leaders  got away with some dirt cheap sectionals and she was tearing lengths of Mutawaajid and Gold edition( not a bad couple of horses to be chasing)....also Crosswise confirmed the form winning the last
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Sir Spence View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Spence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 7:18am
Apache Cat won easily today after sitting outside the leader. Doncaster winner 2007?!? I hope so anyway.
Lucian View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 7:19am
That was ridiculously easy...he has been well placed so far this campaign.
Sir Spence View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Spence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 7:23am
He was todays 'Ace Tip' by the way.
doreen View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 7:51am
I liked the run of Al Be Nimble in Sydney - watch over 1200m
Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 8:42am

Zizou. Big run in the BD. Will need to be good to beat the first 3 home in the silver slipper.

Murty looked good out wide. Husson unimpressive he just gave in when shaft put the speed on.

Huge run by Marasco again. Track a little damp didn't get the grip when he needed it. Tried hard and lost.

El Segundo? Futurity on the 3rd and Oz Cup on the 10th? 7 day backup? Me thinks he wins the Futurity and runs to Dubai. Benedetti making things look tempting I bet.

Marasco gets a dry track in the Oz Cup with no El Segundo he wins.

Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 1:33pm
Amitola, CAMARILLA  (Superb Run)  Marasco  had his chance today, if he couldn't beat Pompeii Ruler  today theres no way he'll beat him from here on in.
Who says i'm dumb?
Lucian View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 7:54pm
Agreed Slim, how is marasco going to beat pompeii as the distances get further?? Pompeii Ruler is a sound 2000m horse, marasco needs to many things to run smooth in his races for him to beat pompeii ruler, who is as tough as iron. If there is no El segundo in aussie cup, its Pompeii Ruler's aussie cup!
Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 8:41pm
A country girl in Sydney was pretty good as well, not being bias because i had it in the quaddie either. Was three wide the trip and looked like it was gone at the 400 but kept battling on and stuck it's nose out where it counted. It was well placed in that field and is good fresh, it had a campaign in Melbourne last year.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2007 at 11:14pm
I still perplexed as to how Marasco couldn't accelerate.

It was not lack of effort or lack of ability he just couldn't get the power down.

I think the track was a little damp on top. Not much of an excuse but has been doing his best work on the firm tracks in the west.

Pompeii Ruler is going to need extra gears we have not seen before to beat him on a firm dry track.
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 3:56am
Wortel, Marasco accelerated past the other horses ..just wasn't good enuff to pass Pompeii Ruler, plenty still to come from Pompeii and plenty to come from Casual Pass, Honour In War, and El Segundo!!!
Who says i'm dumb?
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 5:44am
Horses to follow from Rosehill

**Cape Breton - Is a nice stayer in the making with a good young trainer in Danny Williams.Was unlucky and the further they go the better he will get.

**Danzippo - Promising horse from the Hawkes stable who will win a decent race or two this time in.

**Murtajill - Forget he ran around and will make amends next up.

**Crosswire - Another from the Danny Williams stable who is going places.
Tajrossi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tajrossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 7:09am
What about Tawqeet?? Can he go to the cup and win if no El Segundo? Looks like Pompeii or Tawqeet if no El Segundo. Tawqeet is one mean bastard when it comes to racing. He is a very determined racegorse with his mind always on the job and SO determined. i just love watching him and will be keen to keep him short in anything he has a go at.
Lucian View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 7:18am
don't think he has had the right prep to win the cup. Its between El and Pompeii, Casual pass the danger ;)
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 9:06am
Tawqeet is ticking over so nicely right now that he didn't need to race for minor prizemoney. Tongue

Can't be sure about a 2nd up Oz cup but he does have the stamina.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic