Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boxing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Why would anyone pay to watch two old footy clowns trying to box?

Many people, it was the most popular pay for view in Australia this year.

Their boxing skills looked quite good, maybe you would get in the ring with one of them to determine for yourself Wink

If I was a top 1000 ranked heavweight I would be happy to fight either of them for half a million. It would be easier than a sparring session.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:30am
At least it was a genuine contest between two evenly matched opponents, and it turned out to be a very good fight too.

Unlike the McGregor vs Mayweather joke, where McGregor virtually had one hand tied behind his back because of the rules and the result was never in doubt. Millions paid for that farce, come in suckers LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Why would anyone pay to watch two old footy clowns trying to box?

That wasn't the main event, it was an exhibition bout hence 6 x 2 minute rounds.

The main event was a fabulous fight where Australian Glasgow Commonwealth Games gold medalist Anthony Moloney took his unbeaten run to 20 professional fights and collected the interim WBA world junior flyweight title, making him the only Australian holding a world title. .
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Thanks for the insight PT, now I'll read some media opinions Big smile I forget exactly what price I saw for the draw but know it was pretty huge.
  Mate had $50 at $17 the draw - $850 result. Said beforehand that if it is even half close they will give a draw. Spot on analysis

I find that hard to believe.

You don't have any mates 
Yes - allow me to clarify that Whale - substitute “acquaintance” for “mate”. By the way , for a bloke who claims to “rarely visit TVV these days” you seem to keep a pretty good handle on the banter. Keep it up too - we need the laughs
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 5:15am
I wasn't to know when predicting a Gallon win that 2 old ladies who can't fight would reduce the rounds to 2 minutes.
Bluddy fools shouldn't be allowed to put a glove on .

Talking of dangers and protecting from mismatches , HOW can the Authorities allow a 42 year old to be having his first professional fight .
( Records show Hall had done some boxing as a school boy ) but there it ended.

I do take my hat off to Barry Hall .   He set himself a task and presents as a Mr Nice guy these days .    While I think he should now laugh and retire ,    Good to see him display the guts to redeem himself .

What a handfull he would have been 20 years ago up some alley.

He would straighten that evil fish out.                                                                  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:11am

John Wayne Parr defeats Anthony Mundine by split decision

Anthony Mundine and John Wayne Parr squared off in a ten-round 75 kg catchweight boxing bout on Saturday November 30. The contest headlined the “Worlds Collide” pay-per-view fight card, held at Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank.

The encounter went a full distance. The verdict heard a split decision in favor of Parr.

One judge scored the bout 96-93 for Parr. Another judge had it 95-93, also for JW. The third judge awarded 95-94 to Mundine.

Mundine rocked Parr in Round 3. Parr scored knockdown in round four. Mundine was deducted a point in round eight for hitting behind the head.

JWP, 43, is a former 10 time world champion in kickboxing and Muay Thai, who held WKN super welterweight title, WMC and ISKA middleweight titles, among others. He hasn’t competed in boxing since 2003. Yet, victorious, he updates his record in “The Sweet Science” to 11-3, 10 KO.

The encounter with “The Man” was the final appearance of “The Gunslinger” inside

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:44pm
Someone gets killed if they keep allowing these old men to make fools of themselves in such a risky game.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:53am
I notice that the Mexican lardarse put on another 20 pounds for his title defence V Joshua.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:44pm
Their both limited imo, but the mars bar kid even more so , wouldn't live with a few of the ghosts of the past.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:35pm
The game has gone mad worldwide.   

Best no comment.

I think me old mate Trevor King would still beat most of them .

He's still going great , tickling 90 and living just out of Windsor. NSW
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 5:43pm
Jeff Horn.  Great to see he's off the chips and looking after his family.

Am told you'd have given Jeff a run for his money a few years back Macca.  Star

However these days you'd probably be struggling to crack (a) Horn.  Cry
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:36pm
How do you blokes rate Kostya's young fellow ? Can he go all the way like his Dad ?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 6:54pm
In one word 1x1, NO.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:01pm
OK Carioca - i really find it hard to gauge abilities in pugs. Obviously depends who they are up against. I mean i'd look like a World Champion against someone like Whale Ouch  Saw the young fellas last few fights & i thought he looked promising - just wasn't sure how good the opposition was. Cheers for the thoughts anyway
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:03pm
My opinion may seem a little harsh 1x1, but I'm not .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:06pm
He has a few world rankings now, so whether up to it or not he could get a title fight offer at any time.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:56pm
Just read the old man is back living in Russia, he has organised a few fights in the pipeline for the young bloke, Kostyra had over 300 amateur fights before he turned pro, this could be the making of the young fella but imo the going is getting tougher and there are hungry and hard men in the divisions around his weight range , here's hoping.
( that should read Kostya)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

He has a few world rankings now, so whether up to it or not he could get a title fight offer at any time.

A world title! Imagine that. Wacky doo. How many world titles are there at every weight division?Wacko

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:42am
4 generally recognized organizations. WBA WBC WBO IBF
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:44am
Earlier this year he had a 15 ranking in 2 of them. His fight last week reflected that as it was his first 12 rounder. Winning that should have put him in the top 10 in all 4 main groups.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:09am

OK Carioca - i really find it hard to gauge abilities in pugs. Obviously depends who they are up against. I mean i'd look like a World Champion against someone like Whale Ouch  Saw the young fellas last few fights & i thought he looked promising - just wasn't sure how good the opposition was. Cheers for the thoughts anyway

Any time lard ass, Macca can referee Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 9:17am
OK - as long as i get to choose a home destination here in Australia
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 1:07pm

How do you blokes rate Kostya's young fellow ? Can he go all the way like his Dad ?

He certainly looks the part against ordinary opponents ...    Tougher from here on .
---------------
AND SC ===   even the thought you provoked caused a ripple in the cotton area .
I'm sure there's a nice fish to be caught there ...   Only needs the right bait.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 1:11pm
Speed of hand one one ...     Goes with the reflexes and of course , It's a game where only the Superfit have a claim to fame.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:55pm
Jeff Horne looks fitter for his return bout .

Be improved no doubt, after trying to fight as fat as a Xmas Pig.

Strong boy the opponent so this rematch is interesting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:05am
Is Horndog in his natural weigh division?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:30am
Same as last 2 fights. He previously fought as a Welterweight winning his world title fighting at 66.3kg then the same for his next few fights. He then stepped up to Middleweight and has weighed in 70.3, 72.3 and today at 72.2kg

Zerafa has fought at a range of 69.6(3 times) up to 75.3kg and 72.2kg against Horn last fight. He is 72.6kg tonight
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:36am
Why doesn't he fight at welterweight where he was successful? He's not a middleweight and will lose again.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:42am
He was believed to be weaker than he could be fighting at 66kg. He decided to go up to 72 to find more strength. You have to balance the rise for your own benefit with fighting naturally bigger and stronger fighters. He knocked out Mundine at 72 but that ended early so not a good indication.

He and his trainer said that last fight against Zerafa he built his weight up on fatty food and just added bulk. This time he has built himself up with muscle.

Tonight will tell how successfully. If he cant beat a handy Australian Middleweight at this weight with no excuses he best retire.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:51am
The market thinks he is in strife.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 35>